New home for TiddlyWiki Five saver for Dropbox

Arlen Beiler

Mar 16, 2017, 4:06:45 PM3/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hello everyone,
I have finally moved TW5 in the Sky for Dropbox to a new, easier to find URL.

If anyone else would like to host their cloud connecting app on this site, let me know and I will setup a repository for you. I'm also going to add Jeremy as an admin to the organization.

Thanks,
-Arlen

Alfonso Arciniega

Mar 16, 2017, 4:33:34 PM3/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks guys, very much appreciated!

One minor issue after I tested in latest Firefox and Chrome: the images on the left side of the folder names do not look fine:

Any clues?

Alfonso
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Arlen Beiler

Mar 16, 2017, 4:39:58 PM3/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
That's always been that way because I was hosting on Dropbox. I'm hoping that I'll be able to fix that soon now that its on GitHub.

Alfonso

Danielo Rodríguez

Mar 17, 2017, 4:36:46 AM3/17/17
to TiddlyWiki
You can upload images to GitHub without any problem. I do exactly that for Noteself

Jeremy Ruston

Mar 17, 2017, 9:23:22 AM3/17/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arlen

Would you like to make a PR for adding a link to tw.com?

Many thanks,

Jeremy

> On 17 Mar 2017, at 08:36, Danielo Rodríguez <rdan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You can upload images to GitHub without any problem. I do exactly that for Noteself

Dragon Cotterill

Mar 18, 2017, 5:28:31 AM3/18/17
to TiddlyWiki

On Thursday, 16 March 2017 20:06:45 UTC, Arlen Beiler wrote:

If anyone else would like to host their cloud connecting app on this site, let me know and I will setup a repository for you. I'm also going to add Jeremy as an admin to the organization.

As somebody who deals with security issues everyday, I'm going to say "No", and here's why.

The permissions you've set for you app requests unrestricted access to the user's Dropbox account. Which means that your system can access any file, in any directory. Whilst many people think that this only allows the user to trigger the interactions, selecting the necessary files as they wish, it does not restrict your API calls from perform additional requests at the same time. You may be honourable in your intentions and it's a good system, but there is the potential for abuse.

Now if the system was to only request the App Folder permission then this would be a lot better. The DB API system would prevent unwarranted intrusion and permit access to be restricted to files just within that folder.

Arlen Beiler

Mar 19, 2017, 11:06:45 PM3/19/17
to TiddlyWiki
Interesting, I may make a version that requests an app folder instead. :)