[TW5] Announcing TiddlyWiki v5.1.13

Jeremy Ruston

Jul 25, 2016, 6:20:27 AM7/25/16
to TiddlyWiki
I'm delighted to announce that TiddlyWiki version 5.1.13 has been released to:

Remember to keep careful backups before upgrading existing 5.x.x wikis at:

This is a minor bug fix release that mostly deals with issues introduced in 5.1.12:

* Fixed (and refixed) problematic stricter external link matching rules introduced in 5.1.12
* Fixed problem with tiddlers titled "undefined"
* Fixed rendering problem with KaTeX Plugin
* Removed unneeded border in print stylesheet
* Fixed problem with extraneous .tid extension added to tiddler filenames
* Updated Portuguese (Portugal) translation

See the release note at http://tiddlywiki.com/#Release%205.1.13 for more details.

As usual, feedback and questions are gratefully received.

Best wishes

--
Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

Xavier Cazin

Jul 25, 2016, 8:50:54 AM7/25/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jeremy,

I believe the extraneous .tid extension still appears in server mode (at least in the npm version):

xavier@hautbois:~$ mkdir /tmp/my-test && cd /tmp/my-test

xavier@hautbois:/tmp/my-test$
which tiddlywiki
/usr/local/bin/tiddlywiki
xavier@hautbois:/tmp/my-test$
xavier@hautbois:/tmp/my-test$ tiddlywiki --version
5.1.13
xavier@hautbois:/tmp/my-test$ tiddlywiki . --init server
Copied edition 'server' to .
xavier@hautbois:/tmp/my-test$ tiddlywiki . --server 4242
Serving on 127.0.0.1:4242
(press ctrl-C to exit)
syncer-server: Dispatching 'save' task: $:/StoryList
FileSystem: Saved file /tmp/my-test/tiddlers/$__StoryList.tid.tid
^Cxavier@hautbois:/tmp/my-test$

Regards,
-- Xavier Cazin

Jeremy Ruston

Jul 25, 2016, 9:22:52 AM7/25/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xavier

That’s very strange. I’m not seeing the repeated file extension on my Mac. I’m wondering if it is somehow an OS difference? Can anyone else confirm the problem?

Best wishes

Jeremy

Xavier Cazin

Jul 25, 2016, 10:04:16 AM7/25/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

I may have found something related to Linux vs MacOS nodejs versions: https://github.com/nodejs/node-v0.x-archive/issues/685. I'm did my tests on Debian Jessie, which is I believe the stable Debian, that ships with v0.10.29 of nodejs :-(

X.

-- Xavier Cazin

PMario

Jul 25, 2016, 10:14:11 AM7/25/16
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 3:22:52 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
Hi Xavier

That’s very strange. I’m not seeing the repeated file extension on my Mac. I’m wondering if it is somehow an OS difference? Can anyone else confirm the problem?

Hi I'm using win 10, nodejs 4.2.1, tw 5.1.3 ... I _can not_ confirm the problem.

-m

PMario

Jul 25, 2016, 10:16:58 AM7/25/16
to TiddlyWiki

PS C:\Users\Mario\tmp> cd .\xxx\
PS C
:\Users\Mario\tmp\xxx> tiddlywiki --version
5.1.13
PS C
:\Users\Mario\tmp\xxx> tiddlywiki . --init server
Copied edition 'server' to .

PS C
:\Users\Mario\tmp\xxx> tiddlywiki . --server 4242

Serving on 127.0.0.1:4242
(press ctrl-C to exit)
syncer
-server: Dispatching 'save' task: $:
/StoryList
FileSystem: Saved file C:\Users\Mario\tmp\xxx\tiddlers\$__StoryList.tid
syncer-server: Dispatching 'delete' task: Draft of 'New Tiddler'

syncer-server: Dispatching 'save' task: $:/
StoryList
FileSystem: Saved file C:\Users\Mario\tmp\xxx\tiddlers\$__StoryList.tid
syncer
-server: Dispatching 'save' task: $:/StoryList
FileSystem: Saved file C:\Users\Mario\tmp\xxx\tiddlers\$__StoryList.tid
syncer
-server: Dispatching 'save' task: New Tiddler
FileSystem: Saved file C:\Users\Mario\tmp\xxx\tiddlers\New_Tiddler.tid

 -m

Xavier Cazin

Jul 25, 2016, 10:42:53 AM7/25/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Jeremy,

Bingo. Not sure whether it was a Linux or a NodeJS bug, but after I installed the 4.4.7 binaries found on the nodejs site https://nodejs.org/en/download/, it worked again as expected! Don't know what to do of this, but users of popular Ubuntu and Debian installations will probably see the bug if they use the default packages.

Best,

-- Xavier Cazin

Jeremy Ruston

Jul 25, 2016, 10:45:04 AM7/25/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xavier

Good to hear that things are working. Let's see if anyone else encounters the problem,

Best wishes

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston

Erwan

Aug 31, 2016, 1:15:34 PM8/31/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jerermy and Xavier,

I confirm the bug with my old Ubuntu 14.04:

moreaue@moreaue:/tmp> tiddlywiki --version
5.1.13
moreaue@moreaue:/tmp> tiddlywiki test --init server
Copied edition 'server' to test
moreaue@moreaue:/tmp> tiddlywiki test --server 4242

Serving on 127.0.0.1:4242
(press ctrl-C to exit)
syncer-server: Dispatching 'save' task: $:/StoryList

FileSystem: Saved file /tmp/test/tiddlers/$__StoryList.tid.tid

moreaue@moreaue:/tmp> npm --version
1.4.28

I followed Xavier's advice to install the binaries and it looks like it's fixed now. Btw if anyone needs to do this and is a bit clueless like me about how to do it, here are instructions: http://www.hostingadvice.com/how-to/install-nodejs-ubuntu-14-04/#standard-binary-packages.

All the best,

Erwan

BJ

Aug 31, 2016, 4:32:58 PM8/31/16
to TiddlyWiki

looks like a bug in strEndsWith, it should I think be:-

exports.strEndsWith = function(str,ending,position) {
    if(str.endsWith) {
        return str.endsWith(ending,position);
    } else {
        if (typeof position !== 'number' || !isFinite(position) || Math.floor(position) !== position || position > str.length) {
            position = str.length;
        }
        position -= ending.length;
        var lastIndex = str.indexOf(ending, position);
        return lastIndex !== -1 && lastIndex === position;
    }
};

all the best BJ

Michele Zaffalon

Oct 30, 2016, 11:53:28 PM10/30/16
to TiddlyWiki
On top of the multiple .tid extension, I also had the Sync/ENOENT error reported at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/bYcHP3gyiT4/xd1I_EEJWo0J
This is on Debian with nodejs v0.10.29. After updating to the current version of node 6.9.1, both problems disappear.

michele