Proof of concept: Pinboard in Tiddlywiki

Mohammad

Nov 13, 2019, 3:28:39 PM11/13/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Sticky Notes renamed to Pinboard

See the other thread for this!

This is a proof of concept to create sticky notes in Tiddlywiki!
It is an idea and hopefully will be completed later on!

sticky-notes.png

Markus Adler

Nov 13, 2019, 5:13:30 PM11/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
Look's cool!
I would change the font of the StickyNotes.

Mark S.

Nov 13, 2019, 5:46:21 PM11/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
That's amazing!

Suggestions --

Find a "cork-board" background for the notes.

The notes would be most useful when opened in their own window. But if you try that, the "pins" are chopped off. Perhaps have a way to
start the notes lower on the page, so they fit completely in their own window?

Add a + new note to the notes.

TonyM

Nov 13, 2019, 5:52:12 PM11/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
Looking beautiful again Mohammad,

  • Perhaps an option on the "pin" to remove the pin (not complete the item), and or choose the colour of the pin?
You should win the "extensive contribution to beautifying tiddlywiki award"

Regards
Tony

Mohammad

Nov 13, 2019, 11:17:18 PM11/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
Markus,

 You can simply hack the css and use the font you like! or use the TW default font.

Mohammad

Nov 13, 2019, 11:21:10 PM11/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mark,
 Yes, the notes in their own window have issue with first row! I will fix it
 For cork-board I will add optional css
 A sidebar and a button for new notes will be added

Thanks for your comments

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Nov 13, 2019, 11:23:33 PM11/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
Tony,
  I will gradually add more option! Yes being able to change the color and order is great!

--Mohammad

On Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 2:22:12 AM UTC+3:30, TonyM wrote:
Looking beautiful again Mohammad,

  • Perhaps an option on the "pin" to remove the pin (not complete the item), and or choose the colour of the pin?
You should win the "extensive contribution to beautifying tiddlywiki award"

LOL! I am glad you like it.  :-) :-)

Birthe C

Nov 14, 2019, 1:16:27 AM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad,

Tony are right, you are beautifying tiddlywiki, and I do think that matters.

I wonder though, not that they are in anyway alike, but there is already sticky notes: http://stickynotes.tiddlyspot.com/
Searching TiddlyWiki toolmap will not be easier. (I do realise the difficulties of finding new names)

Birthe

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 14, 2019, 7:20:42 AM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad

As others have said its nice to see colorful functional designs. They are suggestive.

Your stickers share some features with other column approaches like ...

 ... though your design is simpler both, I think, are worth looking at on visual design.

Some thoughts on your stickies ...

-- Worth thinking about is NOT showing any "cruft" on a "pin-board" -- i.e. pin-board titles & controls only show on hover. Seeing the container's titles slightly ruins the effect at the moment (I commented on that about your recent excellent "Notepad" too).

- Maybe make the "pin" into a toggle button that would open an in-line editor for the note?

Best wishes
TT

Mohammad Rahmani

Nov 14, 2019, 7:40:36 AM11/14/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josiah

Many thanks for your comments. In summary

- pin can toggle task/done tag
- hide extra info, elements

Hopefully I will modify it to address some of these items

Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 14, 2019, 7:44:17 AM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
One issue is if you "open in new window" the top pins get truncated ...

Annotation 2019-11-14 134045.jpg

In any case, it might be useful to have a option to "fill screen" --- i.e rather than open a new window for a pin-board, you completely fill the current viewport.

Just thoughts
TT

Mohammad Rahmani

Nov 14, 2019, 7:46:01 AM11/14/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Birthe

Thanks for your words

I have seen the sticky notes you addressed.

I think the current plugin is different from what you mentioned.

But as you said I did not find better name

Mohammad

Mohammad Rahmani

Nov 14, 2019, 7:50:08 AM11/14/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
This has been corrected. I will push an update soon.

The issue is partly because of vanilla theme.

Mohammad

Nov 14, 2019, 9:22:04 AM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
This is a good idea! Have the whole story river as cork-board! but seems a little difficult!
We need to hack the ViewTemplate for tiddler tagged task!

Just thoughts
TT

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 14, 2019, 9:49:33 AM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
I agree is not so apparent how to do it.

I wonder if a pure CSS solution is possible without having to hack templates?

I guess the problem is styling via tag does not change the outer wrappers? Right?

However, via button, on the cork board only it should be possible  to change the CSS for the containing divs without further hacks?

A thought
TT

Mohammad

Nov 14, 2019, 11:26:11 AM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
I have started a new thread as the name changed from

Sticky Notes to Pinboard.

I will follow these comments here

Mohammad

Nov 14, 2019, 1:15:51 PM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
I updated the plugin with the new name Pinboard

I addressed this comment partially
A tiddler called Cord Board is added
Cork board has no title-bar and can occupy the whole window!

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Nov 14, 2019, 1:18:01 PM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Birthe,
 I renamed the plugin to Pinboard, see

So, the name is different from http://stickynotes.tiddlyspot.com/

--Mohammad

TonyM

Nov 14, 2019, 8:09:13 PM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,

Perhaps a little hack that is available could help.

See https://tiddlywiki.com/#HistoryMechanism notes below

Perhaps the pinboard could use this tiddler to display on the background when there are no tiddlers open, further work could open the pinboard tiddler as a real tiddler as soon as one of the items is opened or provide a drop down, popup or modal to access the pin board. Closing all tiddlers would revert back to the pin board.

Regards
Tony

Empty Story

To display content when the story is empty, create $:/config/EmptyStoryMessage and enter the desired contents. The following would show the GettingStarted tiddler when all others are closed.

{{GettingStarted||$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate}}

Mohammad

Nov 14, 2019, 11:05:48 PM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony!
Many thanks, I will try it and I think this is a simple solution!

--Mohammad