bookmarking examples?

Rustem

Apr 14, 2015, 12:37:10 PM4/14/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

I’m good with cut and paste ;) so I could try and cobble something together that works for me, by looking at existing examples.

Parts I’d like to have in my bookmarking implementation:

  • tiddler controls button for “Create a bookmark tagged with the current tiddler”
  • template for using in <$list> macro
  • custom view and edit templates for tiddlers tagged “Bookmark”

I found two so far, are there more examples of using TW5 for bookmarking?

  1. http://ooktech.com/jed/externalbrain/#Bookmarks%20by%20Tags
  2. http://giffmex.org/experiments/tidmarks.html

—R.

Jed Carty

Apr 14, 2015, 2:34:05 PM4/14/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
In case you didn't see it, everything that is used for my bookmarks stuff is in a plugin on my other site http://inmysocks.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Finmysocks%2FBookmarks

It may be more convenient to pick it apart using that.

whatever

Apr 14, 2015, 4:09:42 PM4/14/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hey!
I made TiddlyMarks (1) a while back. It's for TWC, but maybe it could help you get ideas for a TW5 version. I'm using TiddlySnip to add bookmarks directly from the browser (Firefox/Waterfox).

(1) http://tiddlymarks.tiddlyspot.com

Leo Staley

Apr 16, 2015, 9:03:39 PM4/16/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
 Hey, I think all of you would be very happy to discover a nifty thing for TW5, TiddlyClip!

http://tiddlyclip.tiddlyspot.com/#New to TiddlyClip

Have a look at it. Seems like it is the TW5 way of doing Tiddlysnip and Tiddlymarks (or is on the way towards becoming so).

Also, relevant discussion threads:

[tw5] Tiddlyclip plugin release - create clips of webpages

New TiddlyClip Release

Promoting TiddlyClip

Show us all what you do with it!

Ben John