TiddlyWiki keeps offloading on iPhone and iPad: any solution?

106 wyświetleń

IvanPsy

nieprzeczytany,
18 gru 2020, 01:54:4018.12.2020
do TiddlyWiki
Greetings,

I store TiddlyWiki on iCloud.
Though the syncing works like a charm on iPad and iPhone (I use Quine 2), the file keeps offloading from my device.
I mean: each time I go back to my TiddlyWiki, I have to wait for the file to be downloaded again Bedford being able to open it.
So I can’t rely on TiddlyWiki for fast reference.

A scenario:
I need a fast information stored on my TiddlyWiki, I open up the iPhone...but I have to wait for the file to download.

It’s 24Mb right now, so it’s pretty fast (some seconds), but what happens when the file gets bigger?
I need for the file to stay at my disposal on my devices.

It keeps me from investing on TiddlyWiki.

Any solution or workaround?

Thank you!

TW Tones

nieprzeczytany,
18 gru 2020, 22:59:4218.12.2020
do TiddlyWiki
Ivan,

There are reasons to be carful but have you considered installing and activating the local storage plugin?

As long as the save to file mechaisium is working properly the wiki and your recent changes should remain in the browser when returning to the same tab or internet address such that it can be loaded from browser memory. Just leave the tab rather than closing it and return to the tab, to continue.

I do question a 24Mb TiddlyWiki, it seems uncommonly large, I presume you have a lot of media or images in it?

The truth is I have not experimented with this especially on apple products but tiddlywiki can live in the browser quite well.

Tones

Jeremy Ruston

nieprzeczytany,
20 gru 2020, 14:01:4920.12.2020
do tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan

This sounds like a Quine issue. iPad apps are apt to be unloaded in the background when memory is low, but I think it could also be related to the particular file provider you're using.  I'd suggest posting in the Quine Google Group:

Jeremy

On 18 Dec 2020, at 06:54, IvanPsy <ivan.fer...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings,

IvanPsy

nieprzeczytany,
22 gru 2020, 01:11:2122.12.2020
do TiddlyWiki
Thank you all for your kind replies.

I'll refer to the Quine group, though I think it's just how iCloud works.

As for the "insane" weight of my TiddlyWiki, TW Tones you're right: I used to embed pictures and PDFs at the beginning.
Now I changed strategy, and planning to remove those Tiddlers.

Jeremy Ruston

nieprzeczytany,
22 gru 2020, 05:37:5822.12.2020
do TiddlyWiki Group
I use Quine 2 regularly with a 34MB wiki hosted in Dropbox on an iPad Pro 2018, and haven’t yet had problems switching backwards and forwards between apps.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi