Tiny Todolist Plugin: Create one line todo item with different categories

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 3:09:46 AM7/14/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Announcement: Todolist Plugin

Date: July 15, 2019
Release: 1.0 release candidate

Todolist now supports bulk operations to mark all items as done or undone.
You can also archive the completed items for future references.

It was tried to keep it simple, so these options are in access if you click on option button!

The change log is as below.

This version only work with TW 5.1.20pr and later.

Some issues, request received from group have been addressed!

1.0.0 – release candidate
  • Upgraded to TW 5.1.20pre, so it wont work on TW5.1.19
  • redesign the Todolist ui
  • Uses the new checkbox parameters in TW 5.1.20 for uncheckactions
  • added media query to increase the ui width to 100% of tiddler width
  • add mark all items as done
  • add mark all items as undone
  • archive completed (done) items
  • show archive items

This is a small todolist plugin! This is developed in pure TW and very simple mechanism!
It depicts the power of Tiddlywiki in creating simple one line todos!
It support categories!

Important! This plugin is extendable! TW users with primary knowledge of macro can add new categories and customize it.

Announcement: Todolist Plugin

Date: July 14, 2019
Release: 0.5 beta

This is a small todolist plugin! This is developed in pure TW and very simple mechanism!
It depicts the power of Tiddlywiki in creating simple one line todos!
It support categories!

Important! This plugin is extendable! TW users with primary knowledge of macro can add new categories and customize it.

todolist.png

I highly appreciate to receive your feedback, comments and idea

Best wishes
Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 3:12:17 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Corrected links

TonyM

Jul 14, 2019, 4:57:38 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad

Another nice share. I only tried it on mobile and changing the table width to 100% helps.

.kk-td-table {
table-layout: fixed;
width: 100%;
white-space: nowrap;
}

Regards
Tony

Mat

Jul 14, 2019, 5:01:00 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Really nice!

A thing I missing in most todo lists I've seen is an check/uncheck ALL toggle. Perhaps yet another checkbox at bottom or top to set all the other.

<:-)

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 5:30:05 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony and Mat,
 Thanks for your comments. Please evaluate and let me if there is any room for improvement!

Please note that I tried to develop it in PURE Tiddlywiki and keep it as simple as possible!
It is possible to add fancy stuff, but I tried to keep these as small as possible!

The categories can be simply extended! users with intermediate knowledge of TW should be able to add their own categories!

I see for check/uncheck all items!

Cheers
Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 5:51:39 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Tony!
 I changed the witdh to 100%!
While the table gets a little big but lets have a longer description!

Watt

Jul 14, 2019, 5:55:31 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Nice one Mohammad!

+1 for table 'width:100%' on mobile. I'm trying some of the css options here to get the description text in full on mobile;
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1258416/word-wrap-in-an-html-table

By adding [[ ]] square brackets around input tasks they appear as links.
Maybe make it the default for tasks to be linkified so a tiddler can easily be created from the task?

It's another good example of data tiddler utility, thanks Mohammad!

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 14, 2019, 6:03:46 AM7/14/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Mohammad

Its interesting! ;-)

It would take a lot of reasons to take me away from the simple elegance of Tony Grosinger's (with innovations by Thomas Elmiger) "Checklist" Plugin (its mainly JavaScript).

Annotation 2019-07-14 120733.jpg

A design issue, I think, with "to do" lists is getting the balance right between having a simple list you check-off OR having more complex things.

In your example, for instance, I think you are tabulating too much information the user does not need for a basic "to do" list.

I'm in no way criticising the basic realisation. But I think the presentation has redundany you don't actually need.

I may be the only person who thinks that :-)!

Just a comment.

Best wishes
Josiah

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 6:08:34 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Watt,

Very useful note!
The items are wikitext! I add your example as a tip!

Thank you!

Cheers
Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 6:13:45 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,
 Thank you for your feedback!
May be I need to provide two demos! A basic one and an advanced one!

As I use it for development codes, I use the secondary category to created fixme and bug items!
But you are right basic users don't need those complexity!

By the way I have also developed another task list where it uses tiddlers and I use it for tasks with long texts, elements and explanations!
I hope I can publish it latter!

What is your opinion on width? Do you prefer a small table or a full width one?

Cheers
Mohammad

On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 2:33:46 PM UTC+4:30, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:
Ciao Mohammad

Its interesting! ;-)

It would take a lot of reasons to take me away from the simple elegance of Tony Grosinger's (with innovations by Thomas Elmiger) "Checklist" Plugin (its mainly JavaScript).

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 6:17:44 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mat,
 What do you think if I keep the deleted items and then a teb lets user to remove permanently all deleted items?
I have a little hesitate to not make it complex!

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 6:21:16 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Tony!
 I will update the plugin later!
But I changed the table width as 100% and added another example in demo as belows

This for who like smaller todo table

--Mhhammad

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 6:22:35 AM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Watt,
 I used your idea for creating tiddlers. An item like this

Add [[myTiddler]]

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 14, 2019, 6:56:49 AM7/14/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Mohammad wrote:

... May be I need to provide two demos! A basic one and an advanced one!

TBH, "to do" lists (as such) are conceptually "flat/binary" (done it / or didn't),  they are one level.

Unless you actually inclined to a more complex GTD system.

What is your opinion on width? Do you prefer a small table or a full width one?

 Design wise I don't see need for a table of listed tasks to check off.

Best wishes
Josiah

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 1:48:57 PM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,
 The Todolist is a very simple! but it has features to be used in other way!s!

Of course I will try to keep it simple.

Cheers
Mohammad

passingby

Jul 14, 2019, 10:58:56 PM7/14/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Another great option to have. I like it. Especially the usage of macros for priorities.

Mohammad

Jul 14, 2019, 11:08:38 PM7/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Passinby,
 Please let me know your comments, issues, and feature request!
As you may note, I used the modular programming and tried to keep it simple
and extensible!

Yon can clone the category macros and create new category!
Macro category even can be used elsewhere!

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 15, 2019, 9:32:38 AM7/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
Announcement: Todolist Plugin
New Release

Date: July 15, 2019
Release: 1.0 release candidate

I highly appreciate to receive your feedback, comments and idea

--Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 15, 2019, 2:47:48 PM7/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
It shaping well!

But I still feel using a table actually damages the intent visually. Its adding complexity you don't need and the table layout RUINS simplicity.

Annotation 2019-07-15 204512.jpg

Mohammad

Jul 15, 2019, 2:54:09 PM7/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
What do you propose?
Table here lets you simply and easily arrange items! I can also use flexbox!

By the way, based on your previous comment I made a lite version of Todolist that only contains simple add/edit/done/delete item!
nothing more! I will publish it later as "Todolist Lite version" It is suitable for sidebar as is very simple with few elements

--Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 15, 2019, 2:57:58 PM7/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad

Its a really interesting design issue.

Does the user need Table headers to understand  what ...

Annotation 2019-07-15 205208.jpg

and

Annotation 2019-07-15 205303.jpg

mean?

I don't think they do.

Best wishes

Josiah

Mohammad

Jul 15, 2019, 3:00:15 PM7/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
let's see how flexbox can be used here!
If you have other proposal letme know!
Of course it is possible to use borerless  and headerless table!

--Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 15, 2019, 3:16:29 PM7/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad

This is a more normal comment.

The display of the creation date is getting truncatated in some conditions ... for example ... with the sidebar on I get this ...

Annotation 2019-07-15 210937.jpg

With no sidebar I get the proper thing ...

Annotation 2019-07-15 211031.jpg

Best wishes
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 15, 2019, 3:21:04 PM7/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad

To be clear. I wasn't saying you need a better method.

I was saying. You do not need the headers. Its giving you a false problem.

Of course. just my opinion.

Bestr wishes
Josiah

Mohammad

Jul 15, 2019, 3:40:57 PM7/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
I just will upload a tiny plain todolist on tiddlyspot lets try it and fix this visual problem!
I will inform group here!

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 16, 2019, 2:00:18 PM7/16/19
to TiddlyWiki

Announcement: Todolist Plugin

Date: July 16, 2019
Release: 1.0 release candidate 2

Todolist now supports bulk operations to mark all items as done or undone.
You can also archive the completed items for future references.

It was tried to keep it simple, so these options are in access if you click on option button!

The change log is as below.

This version  works both  with TW 5.1.20pr and older version.

1.0.0 – release candidate 2

16th July 2019
  • Revert to TW 5.1.19 to support more audiences
  • redesign the main UI
    • no table is used in UI
    • flexbox layout for main UI and archive display
  • supports multi todo lists in the same wiki
  • supports UI width to have custom layout (media query was removed)

Some issues, request received from group have been addressed!

todolist-demo.png

todolist-sidebar.png

Mohammad

Jul 16, 2019, 2:03:54 PM7/16/19
to TiddlyWiki
The announcement of RC 2 is repeated as new post. This thread is too long.
For comments please visit

Best regards
Mohammad