Displaying field entries

Matt

Jul 12, 2017, 11:01:43 AM7/12/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I have been posting a lot recently but I have two more questions that I hope someone would be able to help me with.

1.

As an example the custom field "field1" has entries
[[Tiddler 1]] [[Tiddler 2]] [[Tiddler 3]]

I have list filter that displays the entries in "field1" for the current tiddler.

<$list filter='[all[current]]'>
{{!!field1}}

</$list>

This works as I want except the links are displayed next to each other instead of vertically.

How can I get them to display vertically?

2.

In the tiddler "Tiddler 1" I wish to display all the other tiddlers that contain its title as an entry in their "field1" field.

I have tried the following

<$list filter='[field:field1<currentTiddler>]'>

This doesn't seem to work at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Matt

Mark S.

Jul 12, 2017, 2:15:14 PM7/12/17
to TiddlyWiki
Part 1

<$list filter='[list[!!myfield]]'>

* {{!!title}}

</$list>

Part 2

<$list filter='[<currentTiddler>listed[]]'>

* {{!!title}}

</$list>

HTH
Mark

PMario

Jul 12, 2017, 2:46:55 PM7/12/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Matt,

This doesn't make sense. Your list doesn't create a list.

<$list filter='[all[current]]'>
{{!!field1}}

</$list>

It's the same as if you write

{{!!field1}}

... If you describe, what you want to achieve imo would be more efficient, than let us guess, what you want.

-mario

Birthe C

Jul 12, 2017, 3:06:04 PM7/12/17
to TiddlyWiki
1. <<list-links filter:'[list[!!field1]]'>>

2. <<list-links filter:"[<currentTiddler>listed[field1]]">>

Birthe

Matt

Jul 12, 2017, 3:07:46 PM7/12/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Haha yes I realise that now!

Mark S's solution to Part 1 does exactly what I want, which is great so thanks!

His solution to Part 2 gives me a list consisting of $:/StoryList only.

What I want to do is for some tiddler entitled "tiddler x" to have a list of all tiddlers that contain "tiddler x" as an entry in the field "field1".

Thanks again.

Matt

Jul 12, 2017, 3:43:28 PM7/12/17
to TiddlyWiki
This is great thank you. Is there anyway to remove the bullet points?

Mark S.

Jul 12, 2017, 3:44:34 PM7/12/17
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry, part 2 should have been:

<$list filter='[<currentTiddler>listed[field1]]'>

* {{!!title}}

</$list>

TonyM

Jul 12, 2017, 11:00:23 PM7/12/17
to TiddlyWiki
Just remove the * in front of {{!!title}}

TonyM

Jul 13, 2017, 12:22:21 AM7/13/17
to TiddlyWiki
sorry, Perhaps add <br> to force a break