I love TiddlyWiki because...

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 5, 2018, 6:41:21 AM3/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
This thread is a continuation from Positive Assertions In One Sentence ... Here is a start ...

I love #TiddlyWiki because ... of, in two words:  Radical #transclusion.

@TiddlyTweeter

TonyM

Mar 5, 2018, 1:47:00 PM3/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
I love tiddlywiki because it defies description.

No, I realy mean it, it can do so many diverse things it is imposible to list the top features.

Tony

Mat

Mar 5, 2018, 2:10:25 PM3/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 7:47:00 PM UTC+1, TonyM wrote:
I love tiddlywiki because it defies description.

No, I realy mean it, it can do so many diverse things it is imposible to list the top features.

It's true. (And it is also a problem that it is true! I find it a hard sell when I can't describe it.)

Related: I love TW because it keeps on surprising me. - Wow, one can do that !?

<:-)
Message has been deleted

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 9, 2018, 12:44:33 PM3/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Last night, I discovered @TiddlyWiki. My god, I'm in love!
-- @tkarakashian

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 22, 2018, 9:09:11 AM3/22/18
to TiddlyWiki
"ONE system, multiple purposes."

--@BeaBonobo

Stephan Hradek

Mar 22, 2018, 9:17:52 AM3/22/18
to TiddlyWiki
…of the helpful people around it.

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 9, 2018, 7:40:35 AM4/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
"... It is an AMAZING tool -- exactly what I need!"

@ELMShuman

Miroslav Kalous

Apr 12, 2018, 2:38:25 PM4/12/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
"...it helps me to bring various yet related interests pursued in random chunks of time under one roof, thus enabling critical cross-fertilization."

If that makes sense to anyone besides me.

Diego Mesa

Apr 12, 2018, 3:06:39 PM4/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
Beautifully put!

Morgaine O'Herne

Apr 13, 2018, 2:07:13 AM4/13/18
to TiddlyWiki

Two words: New Toy!

@TiddlyTweeter

May 15, 2018, 7:18:57 AM5/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
"TW has been a rock in a stormy sea of apps.
It's been the one constant software where I keep the most information about myself and what I do."

Shay Shaked

Arlen Beiler

May 15, 2018, 6:09:28 PM5/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
"... it inspires my imagination and creativity with its excellent internal design."

@TiddlyTweeter

May 27, 2018, 8:28:54 AM5/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
"I just discovered unhosted web apps, and they're really cool. @TiddlyWiki is my cup of tea."
-- @hashdang

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 3, 2018, 5:35:14 PM6/3/18
to TiddlyWiki
"Today I discovered @TiddlyWiki, I really wish I discovered it sooner."
-- @Oriol Jimenez

TonyM

Jun 3, 2018, 7:35:02 PM6/3/18
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki is like science and the universe, the more you learn about it the the greater the possibilities and every question answered results in more possibilities.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 5, 2018, 5:40:37 AM6/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
"It's a life changer."
-- @yaronhadad

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 21, 2018, 5:55:36 AM6/21/18
to TiddlyWiki
"@TiddlyWiki is my favorite app that does not assume online connection..."
-- @csageland

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 7, 2018, 7:22:58 AM7/7/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
"The culture around TW seems too gentle to be associated with testosterone led behaviours of male animals."
-- AlexHough

Julio Peña

Jul 7, 2018, 3:19:28 PM7/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
Longtime (ocassional) user/lurker here...

I love TiddlyWiki because...

TiddlyWiki proves the old adage that "there's more than one way to skin a cat".
With TiddlyWiki there can be various solutions to a single problem.

Regards,

Julio

JD

Jul 8, 2018, 1:18:57 AM7/8/18
to TiddlyWiki
different strokes for different folks ☺️

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 13, 2018, 12:55:44 PM7/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
"... Having a way to make on-the-fly links between concepts is beautiful."
-- @NinjaBoots88

David Gifford

Jul 13, 2018, 8:18:07 PM7/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
Kim Kardashian is using TiddlyWiki? Time to leave. :-)

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 20, 2018, 5:38:14 AM8/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
"I've been using TiddlyWiki as a non-linear diary/notebook for the past year, incrementally making improvements to the UI. Made it a self-contained app with Nativefier and it's starting to feel really solid." -- @kepano

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 25, 2018, 6:37:22 AM8/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
"... I still regularly marvel at how remarkably pliable @TiddlyWiki is. It's just *so* easy to augment or override built-in behavior, and it's surprisingly hard to break a wiki when doing so!"

--@hoelzro
Message has been deleted

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 5, 2018, 5:29:48 AM10/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
"... for self-intelligent documents. TW is both "maker" & "made". Its both the means to make and the thing made. (Technically its one of the few practical examples of a quine.)"

@TiddlyTweeter

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 13, 2018, 4:11:32 PM10/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
How can one not love @TiddlyWiki

@yrashk

@TiddlyTweeter

Dec 6, 2018, 7:17:30 AM12/6/18
to TiddlyWiki
"I have so much love for tiddlywiki... I play Dungeons & Dragons and it is my main tool for managing all of my world building notes and keeping the journal and progression of the fantasy world state ... " -- @Faldrian

@TiddlyTweeter

Dec 7, 2018, 2:33:23 AM12/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
"I am UNCONTROLLABLY hyped about the new version of @TiddlyWiki. It remains solidly my favorite note-taking, writing and productivity app." -- @EvanBalster

@TiddlyTweeter

Dec 10, 2018, 2:09:19 PM12/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
"I've been using it for years! I used it since the old version...I even used it to break down medical terms I didn't understand. It's really good. A real testament to the power of Open Source." -- @leeand00

@TiddlyTweeter

Jan 26, 2019, 7:10:49 AM1/26/19
to TiddlyWiki
This thread is a continuation from Positive Assertions In One Sentence ...

It is useful to record initial responses to TiddlyWiki ...

I try to note what I can because these can be useful, not just to see here now, but also in later marketing.

All thoughts welcome.

Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Jan 26, 2019, 8:29:05 AM1/26/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
This blog post https://twelvety.micro.blog/2019/01/26/responding-to-amit.html is very interesting on why Phil went #TiddlyWiki. Its considered thought.

In a previous post he comically referred to "Tiddlywiki as anti-aging remedy".

Phil is @twelvety on Twitter.

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 12, 2019, 2:14:32 PM4/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
"I stumbled over @TiddlyWiki and now I'm like a kiddo with a new toy."

-- @TiddlyTweeter

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 11, 2019, 6:46:52 AM6/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
"... I recently got my brain flipped inside-out by @TiddlyWiki

World-building for stories/games has always been a non-liner process,
and as such my bulleted-list method always runs into problems.
Having a way to make on-the-fly links between concepts is beautiful."

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 21, 2019, 7:59:18 AM9/21/19
to TiddlyWiki
"I’m loving #TiddlyWiki. I could play with this for hours. But I don’t need to.
It’s simply fitting into my workflow. I said I wouldn’t bother with deep diving
how it works, just use it like a database. But I’m picking that stuff up
intuitively and naturally. It’s powerful af."

CJ Veniot

Sep 21, 2019, 8:58:24 AM9/21/19
to TiddlyWiki

I love TiddlyWiki because it helps me cope with my Intertwingulitis:  TiddlyWiki: Intertwingularity tamer extraordinaire ?

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 6, 2019, 4:53:14 AM11/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
"@TiddlyWiki is a lot of fun to play around!"

Message has been deleted

CJ Veniot

Mar 13, 2020, 5:36:19 PM3/13/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I love TiddlyWiki because it is the best thing (since sliced bread!) around for Intertwingularity Mapping, for Information Componentization, and for (still working on my wording) weaving Information Assemblies.

Well, that's my "Alpha 0.1" explanation of it...

Chris Fischer

Mar 13, 2020, 6:01:59 PM3/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
TW is exactly what I needed to provide a completely self-contained Wiki on a USB thumb drive to people I deal with. It's great, and the help on this group has been invaluable and friendly and tolerant of this newbie.

Luis Gonzalez

Mar 14, 2020, 11:27:52 AM3/14/20
to TiddlyWiki

It works like the brain: jumping from one idea to another

Luis Gonzalez

Mar 14, 2020, 11:29:51 AM3/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
You can link ideas just like the brain does

TiddlyTweeter

May 10, 2020, 6:41:00 AM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki, in practice, in community, is very good. Healthy.

The user group at  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tiddlywiki particularly.

The Men and WomAn there bend a lot to help supplicants achieve better incarnation.

TT

Julio Peña

May 10, 2020, 3:19:52 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tiddlywiki is a good and tasty food for thought :)

Julio

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 7, 2021, 12:39:46 PM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
Whether it is my Memex machine or a full Xememex I can't forget her.

jtech108

Jan 7, 2021, 1:24:55 PM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
I love TiddlyWiki because: It's the Lego set I never had! :)

Regards all,
Julio

springer

Jan 7, 2021, 4:41:58 PM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki

I love #TiddlyWiki because...  conceptual origami

TiddlyTweeter

Mar 25, 2021, 5:55:56 AM3/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
I love #TiddlyWiki because it could do Roam BEFORE Roam.

Rika Sukenik

Mar 25, 2021, 7:29:50 PM3/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
Yes! I was just thinking about this. I have previously used Roam.
"I've been building up my knowledge garden and there is something immensely satisfying about customizing the UI, my notes, and my knowledge, exactly how I want, syncing my brain to my garden."

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 6:41 AM, @TiddlyTweeter <tiddly...@assays.tv> wrote:
This thread is a continuation from Positive Assertions In One Sentence ... Here is a start ...

I love #TiddlyWiki because ... of, in two words:  Radical #transclusion.

@TiddlyTweeter

David Gifford

Mar 25, 2021, 8:40:09 PM3/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
I love TiddlyWiki because I have Stockholm Syndrome and have fallen in love with this thing that has kidnapped and victimized me. :-)

ludwa6

Mar 26, 2021, 7:17:36 AM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
And i hate you, DaveG, because you made me blow green tea out my nose!
Seriously tho: i laughed too hard at this, because it rings true a bit too close to home.
Good one, mate!

/walt

Charlie Veniot

Mar 26, 2021, 9:55:13 AM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks a lot Walt.

Now I have "I blew green tea out of my nose" in my head as part of alternative lyrics to Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence."

So instead of "In restless dreams I walked alone", "I blew green tea out of my nose".

That's all I've got, and figuring out the rest or the alternative lyrics is going to drive me bananas for the rest of the weekend.

DaveG:  what have you done?  It is kind of like the commercial with the butterfly, the chain reaction of events.

Em Heppler

Mar 26, 2021, 12:06:36 PM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
The use of drop downs for transcluded tiddlers is brilliant. How did you do that?
Message has been deleted

Charlie Veniot

Mar 26, 2021, 3:43:14 PM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
G'day Em,

Brilliance?  Aw shucks.  Thanks!

Just in case it interests anybody else, I posted the simple magic in a this new thread of discussion.

(I'm a huge fan of transclusion, to the point of favouring transclusion over macros when a macro seems more painful to me.  Well, I'll go with macro when transclusion just doesn't make any sense for the way this sponge is wired ...)

Charlie Veniot

Mar 26, 2021, 3:49:20 PM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
Total aside: I love the word "brilliant" for "cool/awesome/terrific", and even more so when used for verbal irony.

We just don't hear it much in my corner of the world.  So although maybe a little odd to make such a fuss: thanks for using it !

(Happiness can be found in counting the little things!)

Charlie Veniot

Mar 26, 2021, 9:09:05 PM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
ARG !!!  Link to wrong thread !!!  Brilliant.  (As in a "verbal irony", although leaning into downright sarcasm.)

Let's try that again:  the simple magic in this new thread of discussion.

Em Heppler

Mar 26, 2021, 10:36:27 PM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
It worked! Thank you for sharing this. My tiddlers were getting way too long. This is an outstanding way to transclude.

Thanks again!

Charlie Veniot

Mar 26, 2021, 10:57:38 PM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
Oh good!  Sorry for flubbing the first link.

I also make fairly heavy use of Modals.

In the same way as for the drop down DetailsWidget, I create modal links via transclusion too.  In my ADHD Slice'n Dice TiddlyWiki, look for the tiddler called "fLm".  Transcluding any tiddler with fLm as the transclusion template will give a link that opens that tiddler as a modal.  (In more recent TiddlyWiki projects, I've modified fLm to have two nice little icons instead of the text being the link: one icon that opens the tiddler as a modal, and another icon to open the tiddler in the story river for editing.  A little too messy to discuss that right now.  Maybe later?)

DetailsWidget and Modals are cognitive life-savers for this kid.

Cheers !

Mohammad

Apr 8, 2021, 11:44:14 AM4/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
With all the pros of other tools, I don't know why​ I stick to my gun (Tiddlywiki).

One reason is I love it because it is mine!

TiddlyTweeter

Apr 8, 2021, 1:59:51 PM4/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
 Mohammad wrote
One reason is I love it because it is mine!

Right!
I could not agree more!
TT

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 8, 2021, 2:40:12 PM4/8/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
It is not on the cloud! It is on your own machine! It is yours!
You can do many customization! No need to ask others to allow you to do that!
You can form it in many ways! It is yours!

TT

Mat

Apr 8, 2021, 4:52:21 PM4/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
So, I watch these types of clips every now and then: Log carving robot and Automatic Hydroponic. Filled with envy of their competence I sometimes think "One day I will do that too".... but I know it's a lie :-(

BUT I do more or less master TW. I can actually create things that few people in the world can. Pretty useful things, at that.

I love TW.

<:-)

Apr 9, 2021, 2:14:21 AM4/9/21
to TiddlyWiki
It is very powerful, high customizable, one file on my pc and has a brilliant community to get things running!

Thanks to all!
Stefan

bimlas

May 19, 2021, 4:05:11 AM5/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki is the second most flexible format / tool after plain text, it’s like a self-contained Unix-like system.

Suzanne McHale

May 20, 2021, 12:40:43 AM5/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
I have tried other wikis over the years, but TW is the one I keep coming back to! I am not a programmer, but have managed to puzzle out a few operations for my own use. Makes me feel a little accomplished. I do like to use TW in its most basic and convenient format - a single file in the browser - and hope it will remain usable like this for a long time yet.

Suzanne McHale

May 20, 2021, 1:01:19 AM5/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
Also meant to add that the TW community is very helpful and friendly!

Mohammad Rahmani

May 20, 2021, 1:05:35 AM5/20/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I love Tiddlywiki because of its unique community!

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 9:09 PM TiddlyTweeter <Tiddly...@assays.tv> wrote:
Whether it is my Memex machine or a full Xememex I can't forget her.

Jon Light

May 20, 2021, 3:57:29 AM5/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
Yes, the more you put into it the better it gets, it is like a workshop where you can customise your tools according to the job and there is a community to share and discuss the tools they have created. I type this on a "Unix-like" system because after many years working on Windows I realised it's limitations which lie deep within it's design philosophy - I never looked back abandoning Windows and I think the same for Tiddlywiki - I am the only limitation which is the way it is supposed to be.

Jon Light

May 20, 2021, 4:04:36 AM5/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
"I never looked back abandoning Windows and I think the same for Tiddlywiki"  - hmm that didn't sound right ! Perhaps I should have written "I never looked back migrating to Ubuntu and I think the same for Tiddlywiki" :-)

TiddlyTweeter

May 24, 2021, 12:48:03 PM5/24/21
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki è un sistema magico per ritardare la morte.
Se fossi dio, brucerei il suo logo su ogni hacker.