Issue: Data Dictionary Record not showing in "input" box

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 6, 2017, 4:45:36 AM8/6/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on an app that shows the plain code for a record from a Data Dictionary in an "input" slot.

<$edit-text tiddler="
tools.icons.library.fa.all##2" tag="input" default="" placeholder="code to copy appears here" />

This shows nothing. Do I need to "escape" the tiddler address in some way to get the Data Dictionary record to turn up?

Update: the Data Dictionary is set to type: application/x-tiddler-dictionary

Any tips much appreciated.
Josiah

PMario

Aug 6, 2017, 5:08:59 AM8/6/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

Did you set the type field of the tiddler: application/x-tiddler-dictionary   or   application/json?

-m

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 6, 2017, 5:21:58 AM8/6/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mario ...

Its set to: application/x-tiddler-dictionary

J.

Jeremy Ruston

Aug 6, 2017, 6:12:20 AM8/6/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josiah

The “tiddler” attribute of the edit-text widget requires a simple tiddler title, not the full text reference including the index specifier that you are using. You’ll need to use the separate “index” attribute instead. For example:

<$edit-text tiddler="tools.icons.library.fa.all" index="2" tag="input" default="" placeholder="code to copy appears here" />

Best wishes

Jeremy

On 6 Aug 2017, at 09:45, @TiddlyTweeter <tiddly...@assays.tv> wrote:

I'm working on an app that shows the plain code for a record from a Data Dictionary in an "input" slot.

<$edit-text tiddler="
tools.icons.library.fa.all##2" tag="input" default="" placeholder="code to copy appears here" />

This shows nothing. Do I need to "escape" the tiddler address in some way to get the Data Dictionary record to turn up?

Any tips much appreciated.
Josiah

Danielo Rodríguez

Aug 6, 2017, 7:50:57 AM8/6/17
to TiddlyWiki
What a weird name for a tiddler. Looks like you are accessing nested JSON properties, but not, confusing.

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 7, 2017, 3:13:16 AM8/7/17
to TiddlyWiki
LOL!

Ciao Danielo. FWIW whilst I'm making something I use that naming method. Its so I can easily see & find all the bits under a consistent naming system different from what's normally done--so they stand out. If that TW ever went public (it might) I'd figure out what is the correct placing for them in the TW normal naming.

Best wishes
Josiah

Mark S.

Aug 7, 2017, 9:38:41 AM8/7/17
to TiddlyWiki
Not that weird -- all the core tiddlers have names that make them look like part of a directory structure, so you're in good company.

Mark