How do I NOT call field:caption's fieldValue?

JWHoneycutt

Dec 23, 2017, 8:31:06 AM12/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
How do I NOT call field:caption's fieldValue in the tabs that follow?

When I give a tiddler a "caption" field, and then referrence that tiddler, the captionValue appears in place of it's name.

I know that I can optionally name the link to a tiddler like this: `[[optional_name|tiddler_title]]`.

When I use a macro like `<<tabs "tiddler_title">>` I get the captionValue.

When I use `<<tabs "[[preferred_name|tiddler_title]]">>` it doesn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Jed Carty

Dec 23, 2017, 8:53:59 AM12/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
I think that you would need to make another version of the tabs macro to do this.

I think that changing the line

<$transclude tiddler=<<currentTab>> field="caption">

<$transclude tiddler=<<currentTab>> field="title">

would do it. Remember that if you don't make a new macro with a new name it will change how tabs work in everything in your wiki.

JWHoneycutt

Dec 23, 2017, 4:59:02 PM12/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
OMG Jed - Why didn't I think of that.
That makes perfect sense - I will try it.

Thanks.

JWHoneycutt