Release: Muuri StoryView v0.2.0

BurningTreeC

Jan 1, 2021, 3:01:06 PM1/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
I hereby announce the release of the Muuri StoryView plugin version 0.2.0

The Demo page with installation instructions can be found at:

The GitHub repository is located at https://github.com/BurningTreeC/tiddlywiki-muuri

For issues please consider leaving me an issue over at GitHub or here in this Google Groups thread

If you have questions about the usage or ideas for the next release please leave me a comment here

I hope someone finds this plugin useful,
best wishes,
BTC

clutterstack

Jan 1, 2021, 7:58:53 PM1/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi BTC,

Muuri looks very appealing.

A couple of observations, which may be moot if I've missed a list of issues or further instructions.

1) When editing a Kanban card, is <esc> supposed to delete the tiddler? Is there a keyboard shortcut that just discards any changes?

2) The Control Panel tiddler opens within the right-hand quarter of the story river. I understand now that it's occupying one of the designated number of columns, but this surprised me because the Installation and Kanban tiddlers were full-width.

3) On my Macbook, on Firefox, <command>-clicking the columns button doesn't do anything, while <control>-clicking opens a context menu like a right click. I see that I can loop back to a single column by increasing past 6.

Best,
Chris

BurningTreeC

Jan 2, 2021, 2:49:53 AM1/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for reporting Chris!

>When editing a Kanban card, is <esc> supposed to delete the tiddler? Is there a keyboard shortcut that just discards any changes?

That was an oversight, it's resolved now on the Demo Page. Esc should just cancel editing the tiddler

>The Control Panel tiddler opens within the right-hand quarter of the story river. I understand now that it's occupying one of the designated number of columns, but this surprised me because the Installation and Kanban tiddlers were full-width.

My personal preference is that tiddlers are layed out from right to left. In the ControlPanel under Appearance -> Muuri there's a setting to change it from left to right
The "Installation" and "Kanban" tiddlers have a special field called "muuri-tiddler-width" set to "1" which makes them always full-width and ignore the columns-button

>On my Macbook, on Firefox, <command>-clicking the columns button doesn't do anything, while <control>-clicking opens a context menu like a right click. I see that I can loop back to a single column by increasing past 6.

I've resolved that by adding an option to the controlpanel where you can choose the modifier key for the columns-button. in your case it should be the "meta" key

I hope this helps,
best wishes,
Simon

BurningTreeC

Jan 2, 2021, 2:50:56 AM1/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
I need to mention that the Muuri StoryView v0.2.1 is out!

:)

clutterstack

Jan 2, 2021, 8:14:22 PM1/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for the updates, Simon. I can confirm that <command>-click works to decrease column numbers after I change the modifier key in settings. That would be set-it-and-forget-it if one edits a TW on a single OS. KDE wants to intercept the meta key though, so I'd have to change it back to ctrl for editing there. I'm not sure what's the most elegant pattern to use (I don't have one that I prefer over your current solution). Cycling up through 6 is an OK fallback for occasional use.

I definitely think "muuri-tiddler-width" set to 1 is appropriate for the Control Panel tiddler. At least on my 13" Retina screen.

So far this looks like an immediately-usable project for presenting material and one of the prettiest-looking and intuitive demos out there.

Best,
Chris

BurningTreeC

Jan 3, 2021, 4:58:17 AM1/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Chris, there's no workaround for the modifier key on different OS-es ... you'll have to change it when switching from macOS to KDE

I think I'll add a css setting for the ControlPanel so that it will always be full-width. Maybe also the Tiddler Manager and the Tag Manager should be full width.

>So far this looks like an immediately-usable project for presenting material and one of the prettiest-looking and intuitive demos out there.

Thanks, I'm very interested in the various use-cases people are using this for

best wishes,
Simon

Jan

Jan 3, 2021, 6:04:44 AM1/3/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hey Simon,
A gorgeous KanBan-Design.
I wanted to create a git hub account for some time...now you got my first star ever ;-)

Jan

BurningTreeC

Jan 3, 2021, 6:09:42 AM1/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Jan, thank you!

The Kanban will come as a separate plugin the next days or so

>I wanted to create a git hub account for some time...now you got my first star ever ;-)

Then I say thank you for the star!

Simon

Jan

Jan 3, 2021, 6:35:45 AM1/3/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ahoi Simon!
The Kanban will come as a separate plugin the next days or so

That is a good idea! I just started puzzeling what is needed to get this to work... I guess I will wait then.

Two tiny ideas:
-It would be good if the PageControls-Icons would automatically dissappear when the muuri-view is not active.
-Otherwise the switch for the number of collummns could be used to activate muuri at the first click if it had not been active before.

Best wishes Jan

BurningTreeC

Jan 3, 2021, 7:05:44 AM1/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
Ahoi Jan,

>Two tiny ideas:
>-It would be good if the PageControls-Icons would automatically dissappear when the muuri-view is not active.
>-Otherwise the switch for the number of collummns could be used to activate muuri at the first click if it had not been active before

These are good ideas and I could imagine to consider the second one for the plugin. I already tried the first one and it seemed unpractical to me because the buttons still showed up under the "Tools" Tab but without icons...
I'll give your second idea a test-drive

best wishes,
Simon

BurningTreeC

Jan 3, 2021, 7:20:08 AM1/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
I've released the Muuri StoryView v0.2.2 with some additions and fixes,

Saq Imtiaz

Jan 3, 2021, 8:06:09 AM1/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
Random quick thought.

Editor toolbar buttons have a condition field that must be fulfilled to display the button. Perhaps something similar for Page Toolbar buttons would be useful.

BurningTreeC

Jan 3, 2021, 8:19:41 AM1/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
>Editor toolbar buttons have a condition field that must be fulfilled to display the button. Perhaps something similar for Page Toolbar buttons would be useful.

@Saq, yes you're right, that would be useful. Maybe we can get that into the core ... :)

best wishes,
Simon

Ste

Jan 3, 2021, 8:36:16 AM1/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
Yay! One column in mobile view! Ty!

BurningTreeC

Jan 3, 2021, 9:16:53 AM1/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
>Yay! One column in mobile view! Ty!

:) @Ste you're welcome

BurningTreeC

Jan 3, 2021, 10:03:53 AM1/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
Ahoi Jan, clutterstack, Saq and Ste,

The Muuri-Kanban plugin v0.1.0 is now online at https://burningtreec.github.io/tiddlywiki-muuri (third tiddler from top)

best wishes,
Simon

arun babu

Jan 3, 2021, 5:34:24 PM1/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks BTC for the update. I love Muuri storyview and was waiting for this update. Muuri was the first plug in which i liked the most when i started using TW about 6 months back. I had used this version of Muuri for sometime. But i had to stop using it since the keyboard shortcuts were not working correctly when i upgraded my TW to 5.1.22.

Can you please bring back the horizontal layout which was there in the old version ?
Also i was using keyboard shortcuts which you showed in this demo in my other TW files. Will it work with muuri ?

BurningTreeC

Jan 4, 2021, 3:17:08 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi @arunnbabu81,

Thanks for your kind words!

The keyboard shortcuts in the older versions of the Muuri plugin were bundled in the Keeboord plugin, which is outdated and doesn't work with recent TW versions. I'm planning to create a new Keeboord plugin as time allows

I think I'll re-add the horizontal layout to the Muuri plugin with one of the upcoming versions

I haven't tested the keyboard shortcuts from the demo you mention, they might work ...

best wishes,
Simon

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 4, 2021, 3:28:38 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
BurningTreeC wrote:
... I think I'll re-add the horizontal layout to the Muuri plugin with one of the upcoming versions

Great! I for one would really appreciate "horizontal" added back. It is useful for some situations!

The latest Muuri is a really flexible (& mature) tool for solving all sorts of representational problems elegantly. And I love it is EASY to use.

Best wishes
TT

BurningTreeC

Jan 4, 2021, 4:48:57 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
>Great! I for one would really appreciate "horizontal" added back. It is useful for some situations!

The Muuri StoryView 0.2.3 is out with the horizontal layout back in!

>The latest Muuri is a really flexible (& mature) tool for solving all sorts of representational problems elegantly. And I love it is EASY to use.

Thank you @TiddlyTweeter!

best wishes,
BTC

arun babu

Jan 4, 2021, 9:52:00 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
BTC that was a super fast update. Can you add a keyboard shortcut also for shifting between vertical and horizontal layout.

BurningTreeC

Jan 4, 2021, 10:21:19 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
>Can you add a keyboard shortcut also for shifting between vertical and horizontal layout.

Yes I'll add that to the next version which will be released soon. At the moment I don't have more ideas for what to add and I don't have any bug reports, so it seems this will be a small release

best wishes,
BTC

Sylvain Naudin

Jan 4, 2021, 11:03:52 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Simon,

For the Kanban plugin, I find the add zone a bit too present, but maybe it's because I don't understand the usefulness of the dotted zone...
But at the same time I don't have a proposal to place the add icon somewhere else (except as a floating button at the bottom right perhaps).

Otherwise thank you and bravo for these new versions of Muuri.

Sylvain

Saq Imtiaz

Jan 4, 2021, 11:10:42 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
@BTC

Can we have an option to turn off the spinning icons on hover? It actually reduces usability for me.

Similarly the edit/delete/close icons on all 4 corners tend to disappear on me due to the hover sometimes.
I would prefer to have an option to show them in a simple toolbar, top or bottom, maybe visible on hover.

I second sylvain's idea of a floating "add" button.

Is there already an option to create multiple kanban boards easily?

How about a Muuri layout builder:
  • Lets you choose how many columns, each with a Muuri in it.
    • specify optional title for each column
  • Let's you choose how Muuri columns for each column, defaulting to 1
  • Allows you to save templates for the layout
    • Kanban can be one of the pre-configured templates.
Cheers,
Saq

BurningTreeC

Jan 4, 2021, 11:10:53 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Sylvain,

Yes the dotted add zone is a bit too present. I'll overthink its design a bit and change it for the next version
I'll see where to move the add button, maybe I'll make that configurable :D

Thank you, Sylvain!

Simon

Saq Imtiaz

Jan 4, 2021, 11:16:17 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki

Similarly the edit/delete/close icons on all 4 corners tend to disappear on me due to the hover sometimes.
I would prefer to have an option to show them in a simple toolbar, top or bottom, maybe visible on hover.

Or since this is already draggy droppy Kanban territory:
  • Drag to a trash can to delete, with a confirmation.
  • Drag outside the kanban to close. (not so sure about this one)
  • Double click to edit.

BurningTreeC

Jan 4, 2021, 11:16:43 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
@Saq,

>Can we have an option to turn off the spinning icons on hover? It actually reduces usability for me.

Yes, I'll add that option with the next update

>Similarly the edit/delete/close icons on all 4 corners tend to disappear on me due to the hover sometimes.
>I would prefer to have an option to show them in a simple toolbar, top or bottom, maybe visible on hover.

That happens also to me and I find it annoying, too. I'll try updating this design, too with the next update

>I second sylvain's idea of a floating "add" button.

What do you think where it should be placed?

>Is there already an option to create multiple kanban boards easily?

Yes, there's the "new-kanban" button in the pagecontrols

>How about a Muuri layout builder

That would be great, true. When I find the time I give it some thoughts

Thank you, Saq

Simon

BurningTreeC

Jan 4, 2021, 11:21:23 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
>Or since this is already draggy droppy Kanban territory:
  • Drag to a trash can to delete, with a confirmation.
doable
  • Drag outside the kanban to close. (not so sure about this one)
not that sure if it's doable
  • Double click to edit.
ah, the eventcatcher widget, doable

I'll think a bit about these options. There are many things to explore

Thanks Saq

BurningTreeC

Jan 4, 2021, 11:23:48 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
The Muuri StoryView v0.2.5 is now out with a small change:

a keyboard shortcut to change from vertical to horizontal view and vice versa (it's alt-shift-A by default)

Saq Imtiaz

Jan 4, 2021, 11:24:37 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki

  • Double click to edit.
ah, the eventcatcher widget, doable

You know you have been looking for an excuse to use it! :D

I'll give some more thought to the layout and add button when I am a bit less rushed.

BurningTreeC

Jan 4, 2021, 11:36:00 AM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
>You know you have been looking for an excuse to use it! :D

:D yes.

TW Tones

Jan 4, 2021, 9:50:44 PM1/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
BTC,

Great stuff. I particularly like your Kanban and like the way you are leveraging the history for "compound tiddlers".

I really like the way you handle various drag and drop handling
  • Although the top + area to start new columns is great, after building my board, I would like to be able to hide it, or toggle it, or perhaps move it to the bottom.
Other possible improvements from my perspective
  • Option to hide the <hr> when no text exists for a card (good for simple lists)
  • Perhaps the ability to toggle the display of the text when it exists
  • love the inline edit, but a link to the actual tiddler would be helpful.
More advanced features
  • It would be nice if we could introduce our own buttons and subtitle to each column and cards,
    • Much like the viewToolBar and subtitle works on tiddlers.
    • This would allow a designer to add more advanced features to the board and cards
      • Archive, tagging, long description under the heading and more. Even the existing subtitle, for a tiddler.
      • And like the  viewToolBar and subtitle conditional lists/reveals would allow response to the current tiddler.
    • A similar bottom bar on each column or card would also permit useful tools to be introduced to cards
  • Could Muuri be activated and deactivated with the new Layout switch?
Personal use under investigation.

I am keen to look at building a sophisticated evaluation tool making use of your Kanban as so far it seems potentially the most extensible so far.
  • I would want to extend it as an addon to you Kanban rather than forking it, thus we can make use of it with Muuri
  • This would mean I need to find ways to link a tiddler in one column with another and sort them accordingly.
  • Build some advanced history list tools, usable elsewhere as well
    • Eg; access the list in the set order elsewhere than in the Kanban
    • List each history list, remove the prefix list and/or indicate that lists currentTiddler. Helps access where you were last active.
Bug?

There seems to be a bug somewhere that caused this item to be listed in the history tiddler and currentTiddler field, possibly the result of a drag operation. I will attempt to reproduce and document.

    {
        "title": "<a class=\"tc-tiddlylink tc-tiddlylink-resolves\" href=\"https://burningtreec.github.io/tiddlywiki-muuri/#Todo\" style=\"box-sizing: border-box; text-decoration: underline; font-weight: 500; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); user-select: inherit; font-family: system-ui, -apple-system, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, &quot;Apple Color Emoji&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI Emoji&quot;; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: nowrap; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244);\">o</a>"
    },

Lovely work
Tones

BurningTreeC

Jan 5, 2021, 4:00:56 AM1/5/21
to TiddlyWiki

Thanks @Tones,

The top drop area will be at the bottom in the next update
I'll add a link button to open an item in the StoryRiver
I'll also make the <hr> show conditionally if the item contains text and style it a bit more simple

About the option to add more buttons: I'd like to keep it as simple as possuble since space is limited on those items and they shouldn't cover too much space.
Showing the subtitle though is an option I'll think about

Best wishes,
Simon

BurningTreeC

Jan 5, 2021, 3:07:04 PM1/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
I'm happy to announce the Muuri-Kanban plugin v0.1.3

  • It has the new-column button and dropzone at the bottom
  • Items can be edited by doubleclicking them
  • There's an optional item-toolbar that can be enabled through the plugin-config (open the plugin tiddler -> config)
  • Animations for buttons can be disabled through the plugin-config
  • There's a fourth button for items that opens the tiddler in the story-river
  • A nasty stylesheet bug was fixed
  • Various small style updates

You find the plugin-install instructions at https://burningtreec.github.io/tiddlywiki-muuri (third tiddler from top)

If you already had some Muuri Kanbans and you want to update them, install / update the plugin first, then create a new kanban, copy its text-content and paste it into your existing Kanbans, overwriting their text-content

If you have questions, issues or ideas, please leave me a comment,

best wishes,
BTC

Sylvain Naudin

Jan 5, 2021, 3:34:47 PM1/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
That sound great ! Great job.

Just play with it ans move some cards. Realize the height of tiddler kanban is adaptative with height windows. On a full screen no problem, but maybe on lower resolution, there is some overflow.
See screenshot for example.

Capture d’écran 2021-01-05 à 21.33.12.png

Regards,
Sylvain

BurningTreeC

Jan 5, 2021, 3:44:24 PM1/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Sylvain,

On what browser and operating system did this problem occur? I can see that there's an overflow issue that should not happen, I'll investigate

best wishes,
Simon

Sylvain Naudin

Jan 5, 2021, 3:47:44 PM1/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry, It's with Firefox on MacOS. I will test it on my Fedora.

Cheers,

TW Tones

Jan 5, 2021, 6:18:30 PM1/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you BTC,

Very nice. I need to use this for some big decisions shortly, Lets see if I can share the methods I use.

The option to add more buttons, need only be a hack, its the possibility for a designer to add additional handling to cards and columns that's needed,  they can take responsibility for spacing etc...
  • Such a customisation may be as little as a tick button, or a help icon etc...
  • Personally I use muuri and Kanban on a large screen, so I have plenty of real-estate.
One thing I believe Muuri can achieve that other layouts can't, is to support "large, single or multiple 'pain of glass' dashboard's", given the versatility of content in tiddlers, including iFrames to other sites and resources that a Muuri could be used in NOC's (Network Operating Centres) or Operation centre for space or traffic control.

Regards
Tones

BurningTreeC

Jan 6, 2021, 4:27:05 AM1/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
I've updated both the Muuri and the Muuri-Kanban plugins to version v0.2.6 and v0.1.4 respectively

For the Muuri plugin I've added the option to auto-save after dragging and I've fixed the bug @Sylvain mentioned above (grid dimensions not refreshing when window dimensions change)

For the Muuri-Kanban plugin I've added the auto-save configuration option in the plugin-config (works only with the Muuri plugin v0.2.6 and above) and updated some styles

best wishes,
BTC

Ste

Jan 6, 2021, 6:06:35 PM1/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
Just had a quick look on my phone and moving anything freezes it in place and it kind of.. Judders before a RSOE

TW Tones

Jan 6, 2021, 6:51:27 PM1/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
BTC,

I am playing with the Muuri Kanban and finding it highly hackable, thank you.

Do you want me to share my hack as possible features in a future version, or just for interest?
  1. I observed the new items create a matching tiddler and adds it to the list field. Now we have a link to the actual tiddler, you could not create the tiddler, only add it to the list field until it is edited. This would allow large lists of items in a Kanban without the need for a matching tiddler.
  2. With this in mind the provision of actions on key Kanban actions would allow further hackability. Is that what drop-actions is?
  3. Ability to identify the board and column in which the tiddler was added.
  4. Perhaps you could set a favicon on https://burningtreec.github.io/tiddlywiki-muuri/ so its easy to identify in browser tabs
Examples;
  • I added <br> <$edit-text field="list" tag="input"/>  to $:/plugins/BTC/Muuri-Kanban/ui/KanbanColumnEditTemplate so I can edit the list field directly see 1 above
    • Perhaps we could have a tag driven addition of "field edit" tiddlers here, or a template for transclusion.
Regards
Tones

TW Tones

Jan 6, 2021, 7:19:57 PM1/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
BTC,

I am currently building the following;
  • a Field show-kanban-here which if yes a view template transcludes {{||Kanban}}
  • A button to add or toggle show-kanban-here
    • This allows any tiddler to become a Kanban, then the columns and tiddlers can be dropped.
    • This allows the Kanban to be hidden if needed.
I love how this makes use of the list field, However I can see in future wanting to use a different field, since list is used to order tags as well.

Post Script,
  • I am also building generic list handling because this is a clear strength of tiddlywiki.
  • This would allow any generated list for example to be pasted into a Kanban Board or column or other field.
Regards
Tony

BurningTreeC

Jan 7, 2021, 3:02:38 AM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki

@Ste, I can confirm this is a bug. I'll see what I can do to fix it

BurningTreeC

Jan 7, 2021, 12:05:43 PM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi @Ste, I've released the Muuri plugin v0.2.7 and the Muuri-Kanban plugin v0.1.6

both are bugfix releases and also the bug you reported should be fixed

best wishes,
BTC

Ste

Jan 7, 2021, 1:20:27 PM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
@BTC
Your a muuri machine! Buttery smooth once more!

BurningTreeC

Jan 7, 2021, 1:41:59 PM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi @Tones,

BTC,

I am playing with the Muuri Kanban and finding it highly hackable, thank you.

Do you want me to share my hack as possible features in a future version, or just for interest?

Yes I'd be very interested in your hack
  1. I observed the new items create a matching tiddler and adds it to the list field. Now we have a link to the actual tiddler, you could not create the tiddler, only add it to the list field until it is edited. This would allow large lists of items in a Kanban without the need for a matching tiddler.
Yes that would be possible
  1. With this in mind the provision of actions on key Kanban actions would allow further hackability. Is that what drop-actions is?
The drop-actions are actions that are performed when an item is dropped from another grid to the current one. The item-title is contained in the actionTiddler variable, the modifier keys held while dragging in the modifier variable
  1. Ability to identify the board and column in which the tiddler was added.
How are you imagining this?
  1. Perhaps you could set a favicon on https://burningtreec.github.io/tiddlywiki-muuri/ so its easy to identify in browser tabs
Yes I could do so but I don't have a suitable one atm

Examples;
  • I added <br> <$edit-text field="list" tag="input"/>  to $:/plugins/BTC/Muuri-Kanban/ui/KanbanColumnEditTemplate so I can edit the list field directly see 1 above
    • Perhaps we could have a tag driven addition of "field edit" tiddlers here, or a template for transclusion.
Regards
Tones

Best wishes,
BTC

BurningTreeC

Jan 7, 2021, 1:47:20 PM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

BTC,

I am currently building the following;
  • a Field show-kanban-here which if yes a view template transcludes {{||Kanban}}
you could also transclude $:/plugins/BTC/Muuri-Kanban/ui/KanbanTemplate
  • A button to add or toggle show-kanban-here
    • This allows any tiddler to become a Kanban, then the columns and tiddlers can be dropped.
    • This allows the Kanban to be hidden if needed.
Nice!

I love how this makes use of the list field, However I can see in future wanting to use a different field, since list is used to order tags as well.

I don't see a workaround for not using the list field atm

Post Script,
  • I am also building generic list handling because this is a clear strength of tiddlywiki.
  • This would allow any generated list for example to be pasted into a Kanban Board or column or other field.
Regards
Tony

best wishes,
Simon

Sylvain Naudin

Jan 7, 2021, 4:02:34 PM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Simon,

I just try Ctrl+Shift+L to see Kaban layer : nice !
A very minor thing, with rotateZ css on + button, when rotate scroll bar show briefly, so maybe don't use this effect.

Otherwise I wondered if the cards could take the colour of the header for the outline... an idea that was not so easy to implement; or else to be able to put a background for each column, and rather have a less visible border at the top and bottom.

(and in fact I don't really understand the interest of the dropzone, I must be missing something, because it adds the column but the content as such is not visible anyway, and in my test I had taken an existing tiddler so, and not seeing the title right away I deleted it, and so the tiddler too ^-^').

All the best
Sylvain

TW Tones

Jan 7, 2021, 7:06:17 PM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
BTC,
  1. Ability to identify the board and column in which the tiddler was added.
How are you imagining this?

Perhaps when using the + button in a board, or Column add that board or column name to a field in the tiddler. In most cases we will possibly create a board, add a columns (Add board field) and add an item (record board and Column). Then the items in the kanban can be accessed elsewhere using board[boardname] and/or column[columnname]. This will not address drag and drop.

Later extending the board to boards and columns using listops for multiple values would support drag and drop, perhaps drag can remove the current when its moved away? unless a modifier key is used.

The reason for doing this is would be to retain any information available about tiddler movements in boards and columns, and would provide a generic way of managing lists of tiddlers with your lovely Kanban. A little more complexity in the solution in someway makes it simpler for users, because such behaviour would be what users may assume or desire. A single column is a list viewer, multiple columns on a board is a method for cross/inter list manipulation.

Carful handling of a multi-board and multi-columns field on each tiddlers would allow move and/or add a given tiddler to other and multiple lists.

Tones

  1. Perhaps you could set a favicon on https://burningtreec.github.io/tiddlywiki-muuri/ so its easy to identify in browser tabs
Yes I could do so but I don't have a suitable one atm

Even without a suitable one use any, even "M" attached;

Tones
M.png

BurningTreeC

Jan 8, 2021, 12:57:46 AM1/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Sylvain,

I just try Ctrl+Shift+L to see Kaban layer : nice !
A very minor thing, with rotateZ css on + button, when rotate scroll bar show briefly, so maybe don't use this effect.

Oh, I haven't come across this bug yet, I'll try to reproduce

Otherwise I wondered if the cards could take the colour of the header for the outline... an idea that was not so easy to implement;

I think that could be done, I could make that configurable

or else to be able to put a background for each column, and rather have a less visible border at the top and bottom.

Setting a background would be feasible. What do you mean with the top and bottom borders?

(and in fact I don't really understand the interest of the dropzone, I must be missing something, because it adds the column but the content as such is not visible anyway, and in my test I had taken an existing tiddler so, and not seeing the title right away I deleted it, and so the tiddler too ^-^').

Yeah, the dropzone won't be used that often. It's for quick-adding of tiddlers as columns. Also every column-header is a dropzone for adding tiddlers as items. That dropzone is more useful

All the best
Sylvain

all the best,
Simon

Sylvain Naudin

Jan 8, 2021, 2:08:26 AM1/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

Le vendredi 8 janvier 2021 à 06:57:46 UTC+1, BurningTreeC a écrit :

Otherwise I wondered if the cards could take the colour of the header for the outline... an idea that was not so easy to implement;

I think that could be done, I could make that configurable

or else to be able to put a background for each column, and rather have a less visible border at the top and bottom.

Setting a background would be feasible. What do you mean with the top and bottom borders?

I am no longer sure which option to take.

If you search by image with the keyword Kanban, most of the Post-it notes are coloured rather than the headers. On this point we could imagine using the tiddlers colour field to apply a background or border.
Otherwise, as you have done so far, I think it reminded me of the Monday ad where the columns are fully coloured and the cards are neutral.

Have a nice day,
Sylvain

TW Tones

Jan 8, 2021, 8:42:31 AM1/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
BTC;

I found the attached SVG's here https://icones.js.org/collection/all svg wont Attach but you my find them with a search.

BxBxColumns.svg
RiDashboardLine.svg (

dashboard Looks like Muuri
Columns like Kanban?

Also jpeg's for favicons from https://cloudconvert.com/svg-to-jpg

Also in relation to drop zones, while the are only a little harder to use, a button or simple Icon is enough on which to drop items. However they use much less space. You could even have button display in the view toolbar, only on boards, on which you can drop things, this will mean you can make use of the view toolbar space and save tiddler body space. You could also more the + button on the board there as well.

Regards
Tones

RiDashboardLine.jpg
RiDashboardLine.jpg

BurningTreeC

Jan 8, 2021, 12:47:58 PM1/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all,

I've updated both the Muuri StoryView plugin and the Muuri-Kanban plugin to version v0.2.8 and v0.1.7 respectively

The Muuri StoryView plugin got a bugfix

The Muuri-Kanban plugin has two new configuration options:
  • show tags on kanban items (and be able to edit/add/remove tags in their editTemplate)
  • show the item-borders in the color of the column-headers
all the best,
BTC

Saq Imtiaz

Jan 8, 2021, 1:21:35 PM1/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
@BTC

""Muuri Layout - The standard TiddlyWiki layout with a fixed drag-container utility div on top"

What does that mean? And can we maybe find a friendlier description? :)

I like this: Show the item-borders in the color of the column header

My visual OCD asks if the column items can please line up nicely with their headings, i.e. have the same width and margin.

BurningTreeC

Jan 8, 2021, 1:28:35 PM1/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
@Saq,

""Muuri Layout - The standard TiddlyWiki layout with a fixed drag-container utility div on top"

What does that mean? And can we maybe find a friendlier description? :)

That's a bad description, I know. When items are being dragged, they can be appended to a drag-container. The best way to do that is appending them to a fixed-positioned div right under the document.body. Like that, items that are being dragged don't get hidden by other elements. I'll think about a friendlier description

I like this: Show the item-borders in the color of the column header

My visual OCD asks if the column items can please line up nicely with their headings, i.e. have the same width and margin.

I was thinking about making paddings and margins configurable, I'll give it a shot

best wishes,
BTC

Sylvain Naudin

Jan 8, 2021, 2:15:46 PM1/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
Le vendredi 8 janvier 2021 à 18:47:58 UTC+1, BurningTreeC a écrit :

The Muuri-Kanban plugin has two new configuration options:
  • show tags on kanban items (and be able to edit/add/remove tags in their editTemplate)

Just see a minor effect when editing (fu..^*$%ing GG can't add picture even attach..)

You will see the text field context that exceeds.

  • show the item-borders in the color of the column-headers

That's great ! Thanks
I've play with some palette color (for example https://coolors.co), this is cool to have border color.

Sylvain

BurningTreeC

Jan 9, 2021, 3:04:37 AM1/9/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi @Sylvain,

The Muuri-Kanban plugin has two new configuration options:
  • show tags on kanban items (and be able to edit/add/remove tags in their editTemplate)

Just see a minor effect when editing (fu..^*$%ing GG can't add picture even attach..)

You will see the text field context that exceeds.

Do you mean the tag-input overflows? I didn't notice that yet

  • show the item-borders in the color of the column-headers

That's great ! Thanks
I've play with some palette color (for example https://coolors.co), this is cool to have border color.

Sylvain

best,
Simon

Sylvain Naudin

Jan 9, 2021, 5:19:38 AM1/9/21
to TiddlyWiki
Le samedi 9 janvier 2021 à 09:04:37 UTC+1, BurningTreeC a écrit :

Do you mean the tag-input overflows? I didn't notice that yet

No it was not tag-input, the text content field.
But I didn't reproduce today (after reboot my Firefox), and it's OK with Chrome too.
Sorry for the trouble  :)

BurningTreeC

Jan 11, 2021, 1:42:33 PM1/11/21
to TiddlyWiki

Do you mean the tag-input overflows? I didn't notice that yet

No it was not tag-input, the text content field.
But I didn't reproduce today (after reboot my Firefox), and it's OK with Chrome too.
Sorry for the trouble  :)

No problem @Sylvain,

In the meantime I've updated the Muuri Storyview plugin to v0.2.11 and the Muuri-Kanban plugin to v0.1.12

It's a bugfix update for the Muuri StoryView plugin. The Muuri-Kanban plugin got some more configuration options

best wishes,
Simon

TiddlyTweeter

Feb 1, 2021, 8:27:06 AM2/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao BTC. or should I call you "Murray" :-).

The GitHub repository is located at https://github.com/BurningTreeC/tiddlywiki-muuri

For issues please consider leaving me an issue over at GitHub ...

 I wrote one.

I thought it might work well-er (i.e. to the real point of improved usage) IF your GitHub allowed "Discussions".
IMO leverage of Muuri needs case materials to illustrate its sheer power.
End-users, I think can provide those, but there is a bit of hand-holding needed?
I think "Discussions" can do that, "Issues" likely not.

Best wishes (GREAT tool)
TT