[HelpRequest] Stamp the date and time as text so it does not change?

David Gifford

Dec 15, 2020, 3:11:52 PM12/15/20
to TiddlyWiki

Hi all

I was so pleased when I created this:
But now I realize it just inserts a macro that changes every time I update the tiddler.

Is there a way to stamp the actual date and/or time as TEXT, so that the time does not update? Thinking of journaling, marking task start and end time, etc. Would be nice to have an editortoolbar that does this. I tried TiddlyTime but it does what the above link does, pasts a macro. I don't see that the other links in the toolmap do such a thing.

Blessings! And thanks in advance.

TW Tones

Dec 15, 2020, 6:55:05 PM12/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
The typical solution to this is to first use wikify the macro or variable before setting

<$wikify name=date text="""<<now>>"">
button and action widget use <<date>> as the value not <<now>>
</$wikify>

Regards
Tones

David Gifford

Dec 15, 2020, 7:25:58 PM12/15/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tones! I will try it out!

Mohammad Rahmani

Dec 15, 2020, 11:25:38 PM12/15/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,
 One of the best is Insert Timestamp with ctrl+D shortcut from Ton Gerner

Ton has created very useful tools but he never advertises them!
It is worth adding some of these tools to Tiddlywiki Toolmap.
I am a fan of his great work on Tiddlywiki.

Best wishes
Mohammad

tony

Dec 16, 2020, 1:02:41 AM12/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
This one from Riz
still works well :-)

<$action-sendmessage
$message="tm-edit-text-operation"
$param="replace-selection"
text=<<now 'YYYY-0MM-0DDT0hh:0mm:0ssTZD'>>
/>

and similar to TonGerner's sans nifty KeyboardShortcut

Best,
tony

David Gifford

Dec 16, 2020, 9:51:26 AM12/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Mohammad!

1. Looking at Ton's plugin, I see now that I had accidentally added quotations around the now macro. Getting rid of them from my tiddler did the trick.

2. Yes, I agree, Ton's stuff is amazing. A search for gerner in my toolmap shows I did add most of his plugins, but Insert timestamp was not one of them. Just added it.

Blessings.