[TW5] Usage plantuml diagrams in a markdown tiddler

Joachim Sparakowski

Nov 30, 2016, 9:14:31 AM11/30/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi there,

I've created a markdown tiddler for some activity descriptions which I wanted to create via the plantuml plugin as well.
This doesn't work.

The markdown tiddler looks like this

## planning

@startuml{picture.png}

start

repeat

    :identify the project scope, lifecycle and interfaces;

    :perform Task  estimation and planning;

……

stop

@enduml

…..

End of the tiddler

instead of generating the picture the text is only shown

I appreciate any help on the usage of the markdown and plantuml plugins since I'm a newby

Best Regards

Joachim

Andreas Hahn

Nov 30, 2016, 9:48:45 AM11/30/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joachim,

according to the documentation in [1], the tiddler markdown should look like:

## planning

[[plantuml [
@startuml{picture.png}
start
repeat
    :identify the project scope, lifecycle and interfaces;
    :perform Task  estimation and planning;
stop

@enduml
]]]

Hope that works for you

/Andreas

[1] https://tobibeer.github.io/tw5-plugins/#plantuml

Joachim Sparakowski

Dec 1, 2016, 9:53:39 AM12/1/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Andreas,
Thanks for the hint. But it doesn't work

Regards
Joachim

Tobias Beer

Dec 9, 2016, 1:05:07 PM12/9/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Joachim,

I don't think you can mix and mingle wikitext in markdown tiddlers, i.e. markdown doesn't support TiddlyWiki markup.
Your only chance would be some markup that defines a markdown block in a regular tiddler
or simply to use TiddlyWiki wikitext for tiddlers that are to show PlantUML.

Best wishes,

Tobias.