Wikipedia-like tooltips

stefan infp

May 2, 2020, 7:09:27 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
I would like to create Wikipedia like hover effect: when I am over a text link a popup displays the content of another tiddler (which contain text, image, etc.). I tried the hoverwidget but it displays a miniature version of images in tooltips. A sidebar would be awesome to permit the navigation in case the tiddler which is displayed as tooltip is too long.

Tony K

May 2, 2020, 7:22:51 PM5/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

stefan infp

May 2, 2020, 7:30:31 PM5/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Yes. The idea is to create a Wikipedia-like wiki system. View tiddlers with text and local images and videos and PDFs, hover over links that display information related to terms, access links, videos, PDFs inside tooltips, go back and browse the tiddler you read initially... Want to create complex wiki store only text inside it and access local media externally. This way to create complex relations between tiddlers, text, images, videos, PDFs, weblinks..

A Gloom

May 4, 2020, 7:32:51 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
I believe Tobias Beer did something along those lines

I couldn't tell you for sure, my system theme makes the overlays hard to differentiate from the underlying page but at tb5 I would often get something like Wikipedia's that would cover the main page's content

Peter Buyze

May 4, 2020, 7:45:38 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Tobias also did this, which is probably more like the Wikipedia tooltip:

I installed it but unfortunately the "tooltip" is transparent so you see the other tiddler's text behind it too.

I noticed that in the $:/plugins/tobibeer/preview/template there is a red error message:
Recursive transclusion error in transclude widget
which might explain the problem.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

4 May 2020, 14:32 by barro...@gmail.com:
I believe Tobias Beer did something along those lines

I couldn't tell you for sure, my system theme makes the overlays hard to differentiate from the underlying page but at tb5 I would often get something like Wikipedia's that would cover the main page's content

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

May 4, 2020, 7:54:28 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
David also created a more manual one which may be worth looking into: https://giffmex.org/gifts/transclusioninpopups.html

Peter Buyze

May 4, 2020, 8:08:36 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Many thanks Anne-Laure.

4 May 2020, 14:54 by alec...@gmail.com:
David also created a more manual one which may be worth looking into: https://giffmex.org/gifts/transclusioninpopups.html

A Gloom

May 4, 2020, 8:32:52 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Peter

I noticed that in the $:/plugins/tobibeer/preview/template there is a red error message:
Recursive transclusion error in transclude widget
which might explain the problem.

I never tried it so I'm sure about it but a recursive error in a transclusion is usually because its trying to transclude itself which is normal for a template using the default currentTiddler variable.  Transparent background can be fixed with css-- div's by default from what I've seen when doing absolute positioning of div's (which a tiddler is iirc) seem to have transparent background-- easily corrected with background:(color of choice);.

Peter Buyze

May 4, 2020, 8:57:51 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
I have removed Tobias Beer's plug-in and added David Gifford's instead - works like a dream, I am adding to all the internal links in my TW.

4 May 2020, 15:32 by barro...@gmail.com:

stefan infp

May 4, 2020, 9:52:28 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
This is what I was looking for. Thank you.

luni, 4 mai 2020, 15:08:36 UTC+3, Peter Buyze a scris:
Many thanks Anne-Laure.

4 May 2020, 14:54 by alec...@gmail.com:
David also created a more manual one which may be worth looking into: https://giffmex.org/gifts/transclusioninpopups.html

A Gloom

May 6, 2020, 11:21:44 PM5/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
This TW static site seems to use Wikipedia type hover over popups

stefan infp

May 7, 2020, 1:56:40 PM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Looks beautiful thanks

David Gifford

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

May 8, 2020, 2:31:47 PM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
That's my website, thanks so much A Gloom and Stefan!