simple svg animations demo

A Gloom

Mar 3, 2020, 8:25:39 AM3/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
import attached tiddler, open in edit mode, with preview window open experiment with element & animation attribute and see the effects in the preview window

with nesting animation elements in svg elements, animations can be done with Thomas' svg editor I do believe (but not sure, I hand coded the demo in a simple tiddler with preview window)

I forgot to add comment tag annotations identifying each element-- will have to do that when I'm back up
zz# svg animation test 1.tid

A Gloom

Mar 3, 2020, 11:02:08 PM3/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Revised- added black barckground so it can be seen as originally designed, the light colors used probably didn't display very weel on ppl's normal white backgrounds-- it's still isn't always remebered I operate my computer counter to how everyone does-- regardless, austere I stride on

new attachment has annotations identifying  elements and their animation

12 animated elements

animation of opacity (central gow), radius (shrinking circles), rotation animation (rings), motion animation along a path (orbiting orbs)

these are simple 2D animations to keep it simple, no z-axis so it doesn't have a 3D appearence
zz# svg animation test 2.tid

Mohammad

Mar 4, 2020, 12:45:34 AM3/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Cool job!
Why not to submit to Thomas SVG Live Editor!
It was siad, it will collect cool svgs to add to its library.

--Mohammad

Thomas Elmiger

Mar 4, 2020, 4:24:22 PM3/4/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
A Gloom, that is a really, really nice example – thanks a lot!

It’s is simply amazing what you are capable of coding by hand.

As suggested, I have adopted (and adapted) it for my SVG editor, I hope that’s o.k. and I did not make too many mistakes. What I wanted to change:
- adapt to 128 x 128 canvas
- simplify code even more (.00 removed from numbers, common/redundant settings of several elements moved to superior new <g> element)
- coding style as in my other examples (istead of style="fill:..." I use fill="...)

Result:

Thanks again and all the best
Thomas

A Gloom

Mar 4, 2020, 10:55:07 PM3/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thomas.

It’s is simply amazing what you are capable of coding by hand.

Ty, with programs and sites not working with my system theme, I often have to do it the old fashioned way-- and recent FF update has bypassed the system theme the browser is utilitizing so some sites have become unuseable again-- like Svg-edit online...

Your editor applies my system theme well, so it may be my go to when I desire to use an editor.

The animations I whipped up while I was adding animations to some of my maps and diagrams-- like an animated route on a map and a tutorial slide show

As suggested, I have adopted (and adapted) it for my SVG editor, I hope that’s o.k. and I did not make too many mistakes. What I wanted to change:

No problem at all : )  Anything I post I post so others can use it (especially since I chosen to concentrate on my project and not try making plugins or wikis).  If I have anything else svg related I think will help you, I'll post it for your editor-- I have a whole sidebar tab of svg experiments in the WikiWitchery-- maybe a skull with glowing eyes that dims and flares? >> <<

- simplify code even more (.00 removed from numbers, common/redundant settings of several elements moved to superior new <g> element)

I went to check it out for any tricks for my bag of coding tricks : D  The original I left in longhand because I figured the code would be easier to understand (code streamlining can cofuse beginners)