[INTRO] uni-link plugin

PMario

Jun 23, 2017, 4:08:58 AM6/23/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

This thread is outdated: Please go to: [INTRO] uni-link V1.0.0 thread.

Have fun!
mario
------------------------

I pushed out the "uni-link" plugin [1]:  discussed in a different thread [2], here in the group.

Intro-Video: latest: https://youtu.be/V9l-vipAoNw

It's a new parser for the the TW link / prettylink detection: eg: [[test]]  ... it links to the tiddler named: test  but it shows a different text. Depending on the fields available at the "test" tiddler. If used like this: [[prettylink text|test]] it behaves as in existing TWs. No special function used. prettylink text will be shown.

eg:
title: test
caption: short title
subtitle: a tiddler to test the uni-link plugin

So if the tiddler has no fields it shows: test
If the tiddler has a "caption" field is shows:  short title
If the tiddler has a "subtitle" field it shows: a tiddler to test the uni-link plugin
If the tiddler has both fields: a tiddler to test the uni-link plugin

So the subtitle field wins. ....

This functionality is backwards compatible with existing tiddlywikis. So if tiddlers are copy / pasted between TWs, that don't have the plugin installed, it just falls back to the already existing behavior. Which imo is a nice idea, created by Mark S. in the first reply post.

There is a new parser "uni-link" that will be installed with the plugin. This parser is enabled by default an it will supersede the "prettylink" parser from the core. see: ControlPanel: Info: Advanced: Parsing

So if [[test]] is parsed it will be translated into a macro call like <<uni-link test>>, but with the nice twist, that it also works with a "fallback" if the plugin doesn't exist in a different TW.

@All .... Feedback very welcome!

have fun!
mario

PS - If you USE it: Support it :)

PMario

Jun 23, 2017, 4:09:20 AM6/23/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

V 0.3.4 - 2018.09.09
  • Add "aliasify" button to tiddler editor toolbar
  • Add ctrl-k to activate "aliasify"

V 0.3.3 - 2018.08.06

V 0.3.2 - 2018.02.02

  • new Undefined Aliases Sidebar tab under More: Aliases
  • [[?]aliasbacklinks[]sort[title]] shows a list of tiddlers that contain undefined alias links

V 0.3.1 - 2018.01.31

V 0.3.0 - 2018.01.27

  • add: styling possibility for missing aliases
  • improve: history and copyright

V 0.2.1 - 2018.01.27

  • fix: uni-link creates an unused a-element

V 0.2.0 ... 2017.12.15

  • added: [[alias|?]] link syntax
    • using aka-makros for tiddler alias handling
  • added: Alias backlinks
    • open the tiddler (i)nfo area: References
  • added filter operators:
  • added: Right-Sidebar: More tab: "Aliases"
    • Sorted by Alias
    • Sorted by Tiddler Title
  • added: uni-link $:/ControlPanel setting
  • added: different colors for title, caption, subtitle and alias links

2017.06.25

 - V0.1.0 .. fixes backlinks and missing tiddlers issue

2017.06.23

 - V0.0.2 .. initial release

have fun!
mario

Alex Hough

Jun 23, 2017, 5:51:04 AM6/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mario,

Feedback: it works well, great work!

I think this will make it easier to compose more fluid texts / narative threads though TW

Alex

On 23 June 2017 at 09:09, PMario <pmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
--- reserved ---

PMario

Jun 23, 2017, 7:06:55 AM6/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Alex,

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 11:51:04 AM UTC+2, AlexHough wrote:
Feedback: it works well, great work!

Thanks :)

I think this will make it easier to compose more fluid texts / narative threads though TW

Yea. I did like the idea, since I'm using tiddler titles, that look like this: tiddler-title-with-no-spaces. With them in place imo the "subtitle" / "caption" combination makes a nice fit, for the text and to sidbar TOC area. ... Without any compatibility problems.

-m

PMario

Jun 23, 2017, 7:09:37 AM6/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 1:06:55 PM UTC+2, PMario wrote:
.. the "subtitle" / "caption" combination makes a nice fit, for the text and to sidbar TOC area.

And with {{title!!caption}} and {{title!!subtitle}} we also have more possibilities to create "fancy" lists.

-m

Alex Hough

Jun 23, 2017, 7:22:05 AM6/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
I suppose what's happening here is that the title is being used to create a URL friendly link for viewing over the web.
And what you can do then is to create a variety of ways of linking to it.

just thinking out loud... I wonder if it would work better the other way round... that a new field is used for the new-type-of-title for use in permalinking

Alex

PMario

Jun 23, 2017, 7:48:26 AM6/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 1:22:05 PM UTC+2, AlexHough wrote:
I suppose what's happening here is that the title is being used to create a URL friendly link for viewing over the web.
And what you can do then is to create a variety of ways of linking to it.

exactly.

just thinking out loud... I wonder if it would work better the other way round... that a new field is used for the new-type-of-title for use in permalinking

nope. I need something that works out of the box and is copy/paste compatible with existing TWs.

-m

Rob Hoelz

Jun 23, 2017, 2:46:58 PM6/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for writing and publishing this, Mario!  It works perfectly!

Jan

Jun 23, 2017, 6:06:17 PM6/23/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mario,
a very good and helpfull idea.
It would be great if you made a version of this for the bibtex-plugin. The BibtexTiddlers have really uncanny-titles; it would be great to replace them automatically...
Looking at the bitex-title tells me this wont be easy because there are brackets in it we would have to get rid off for forming a beautifull title.(bibtex-author, title,year.)
 Thanks for this Plugin
Jan

Am 23.06.2017 um 10:08 schrieb PMario:
Hi Folks,

I pushed out the "uni-link" plugin [1]:  discussed here in a different thread [2], here in the group.

[...]

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 24, 2017, 11:29:07 AM6/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao PMario

I wanted to write a note about this on Twitter. But I don't know how to succinctly explain what it does!

What does it do (in one short sentence)?

Best wishes
Josiah

Mark S.

Jun 24, 2017, 12:15:57 PM6/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
Displays standard pretty-links (e.g. [[MyFunnyLookingCamelCaseLink]]) using the tiddler's  (1) subtitle or (2) caption fields if available (e.g. "My sensible looking link").

Mark

PMario

Jun 24, 2017, 5:16:00 PM6/24/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josiah,

I'm really not famous for "short" texts. Many of my posts have a "wall of text" warning at the beginning.

uni-link modifies the Tiddlywiki [[Manual Link]] syntax, using tiddler fields: "subtitle", "caption" or "title". In that order. Inspired by Mark S. initial suggestion in an other thread.

see: https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/

have fun!
mario
PS: If you remove every second letter, it may fit into a tweet ;)

Mark S.

Jun 24, 2017, 5:28:00 PM6/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
D'oh! I forgot about the 140  character limit. Maybe:

Displays standard TiddlyWiki [[PrettyLinks]] using the tiddler's  subtitle or caption fields if available (e.g. "A prettier title")

uni-link modifies the Tiddlywiki [[Manual Link]] syntax, using tiddler fields: "subtitle", "caption" or "title". In that order. Inspired by Mark S. initial suggestion in an other thread.

PS: If you remove every second letter, it may fit into a tweet ;)

Or a darn good password!

Mark

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 24, 2017, 5:39:31 PM6/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
I posted: "PMario's Uni-Link #plugin for #TiddlyWiki is rather good but difficult to explain. It lets you BEAUTIFY links. https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/"

Will that do?

Josiah

codacoder...@outlook.com

Jun 24, 2017, 6:14:26 PM6/24/17
to TiddlyWiki

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 24, 2017, 6:58:07 PM6/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
I hope you will Tweet more. Its a good way to get TiddlyWiki known. And not much work.

Rob Hoelz

PMario

Jun 25, 2017, 12:44:45 AM6/25/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 4:31:24 AM UTC+2, Rob Hoelz wrote:
I think I found a bug, although it might be the intended behavior: it seems that the backlinks filter no longer yields results with uni-links.

Hi Rob,
That seems to be a bug. I'll have a look. Thx for testing.
-m

PMario

Jun 25, 2017, 6:02:33 AM6/25/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Rob,

Just pushed a new version https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/

2017.06.25

 - V0.1.0 .. fixes backlinks and missing tiddlers issue

please test.

-m

Rob Hoelz

Jun 25, 2017, 6:35:04 PM6/25/17
to TiddlyWiki
It works now - thanks!

Lost Admin

Jun 26, 2017, 8:43:37 AM6/26/17
to TiddlyWiki
I'm not PMario, but I can do short.

Hate CamelCase? Use Caption instead. PMario's uni-link for Pretty Names.

That should be short enough for a twit ...er tweet even if it lacks coherence. :-D

PMario

Jun 26, 2017, 9:29:47 AM6/26/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 2:43:37 PM UTC+2, Lost Admin wrote:
I'm not PMario, but I can do short.

Hate CamelCase? Use Caption instead. PMario's uni-link for Pretty Names.
like it ... 👍
-m

Diego Mesa

Dec 1, 2017, 6:21:16 PM12/1/17
to TiddlyWiki
Just came across this! This is beautiful! Thanks Mario!

Diego Mesa

Dec 1, 2017, 9:01:23 PM12/1/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mario,

I've been trying out this plugin, and I am unsure as to the behavior I am seeing on my wiki. On my wiki, after installing this plugin and refreshing, and changing the styled color to orange so I can easily detect it, all normal links, eg. [[Existing Tiddler]], are orange. My pretty links remain as they were. Right now, none of my tiddlers contain caption or subtitle fields, so I expected to see no orange links.

Thanks!
Diego

EDIT: Some are orange, and some are regular? For example a tiddler called test with the content:

[[Latest]]

[[GettingStarted]]

renders with latest orange and GettingStarted as regular

PMario

Dec 2, 2017, 5:09:51 PM12/2/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 3:01:23 AM UTC+1, Diego Mesa wrote:
I've been trying out this plugin, and I am unsure as to the behavior I am seeing on my wiki. On my wiki, after installing this plugin and refreshing, and changing the styled color to orange so I can easily detect it, all normal links, eg. [[Existing Tiddler]], are orange. My pretty links remain as they were. Right now, none of my tiddlers contain caption or subtitle fields, so I expected to see no orange links.

I'll need to check that.
-m

PMario

Dec 2, 2017, 5:19:42 PM12/2/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Diego,

The uni-link class is basically assigned to every link which uses brackets. Excpet pretty-links and CamelCase links. ...

But I like your idea. We could change the macro https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fwikilabs%2Funi-link%2Funi-link-macro that is used and assign different classes, depending on the element that is used to display the title.

eg: no change for titles,  ... uni-link both of the following: uni-caption, uni-subtitle,  ... Will have a look.

have fun!
mario

PMario

Dec 16, 2017, 1:13:24 PM12/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Folks,

I did just push the latest version of the uni-link plugin.  There is a lot of new stuff added including a new Intro-Video.

V 0.2.0 ... 2017.12.15

  • added: [[alias|?]] link syntax
    • using aka-makros for tiddler alias handling
  • added: Alias backlinks
    • open the tiddler (i)nfo area: References
  • added filter operators:
  • added: Right-Sidebar: More tab: "Aliases"
    • Sorted by Alias
    • Sorted by Tiddler Title
  • added: uni-link $:/ControlPanel setting
  • added: different colors for title, caption, subtitle and alias links

Have fun!

mario

PS - If you like it: Support it :)

TonyM

Dec 16, 2017, 8:31:48 PM12/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Mario,

Great work once again. Looks like a great way to build a Glossary.

Can I ask do you see any reason not to install this in every wiki I use? Is there anywhere this could trip us up, or is it basically invisible until used?

Thanks
Tony

TonyM

Apr 19, 2018, 7:08:42 PM4/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
Mario,

I just wanted to bump my question to your attention and ask another!

First
Can I ask do you see any reason not to install uni-link in every wiki I use? Is there anywhere this could trip us up, or is it basically invisible until used?

Second

In this discussion there is talk of a GUID

I think it would be quite easy to extend uni-link to provide references to GUID's effectivly a GUID will be an Alias to a tiddler with a created date (uniquified)

All we need then is a GUID based on the Created date/time and miliseconds decremented to be unique.

I am happy to go into the details of this elsewhere.

Regards
TGony

PMario

Apr 20, 2018, 7:12:05 AM4/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 1:08:42 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:
I just wanted to bump my question to your attention and ask another!

:)

First
Can I ask do you see any reason not to install uni-link in every wiki I use? Is there anywhere this could trip us up, or is it basically invisible until used?

I tried to make it backwards compatible as far as I can. So even if you use tiddlers that contain uni-links and alias-links in TWs, that don't have the plugin installed, nothing bad should happen.

It will pretty-link all [[alias|?]] links to a tiddler named: ? ... Which shouldn't hurt too much :)
and uni-links just work the "old way" without caption and subtitle substitution.

-m

PMario

Apr 20, 2018, 7:44:56 AM4/20/18
to TiddlyWiki

On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 1:08:42 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:
Second

In this discussion there is talk of a GUID

I have to say, I stopped following the tread, after my first post, as I saw Jeremy is involved, and the discussion seemed to be "heated". ...
I wanted to wait a bit and see what happens. ...

You know, I tend to produce "wall of texts", if I have a "strong opinion". ...

So may be now is the time to have a second look ;)

---------------

I think it would be quite easy to extend uni-link to provide references to GUID's effectivly a GUID will be an Alias to a tiddler with a created date (uniquified)

I'm in favor of a "GUI like" approach. As I pointed out I use "tiddler-titles-like-this", "likeThis" or "oneLike.this" ... because I like to type a search ".this"  ... Which will find all tiddlers that start with "(dot)this". ... I also pointed out, that creating good tiddler names is difficult. ..

They should be

 - easy to remember by humans
 - simple to type by humans
 - no special UI should be needed.

__So__ I don't like GUIS. They are none of the above, because of their nature. ...

All we need then is a GUID based on the Created date/time and miliseconds decremented to be unique.

nope ... risk of duplicates is too high to be truly unique, even if you go down to the miliseconds.  This mechanism doesn't scale well enough ..

-m

TonyM

Apr 20, 2018, 10:24:38 AM4/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Mario,

I am in total agreement on your approach to titles and have no problem with these myself.

What I am trying to say is can we make a field that containes a unique id stored in a field for any (not nessasarily every) tiddler that is independant of its name.

If such a field existed I am sure a minor addition to the uni-links plugin would allow tiddlers to be located via this permanent reference and render its caption, title or alias.

Let me clarify the use of the created date. I doubt even with a bulk import, I cant imagin more than 1,000 tiddlers being created in a second. Modification of the create code can ensure no tiddler has a created date equal to another, by incrementing the milliseconds until unique, almost certianly only one millisecond more would do it. This would also guarentee the ability to sort tiddlers in the exact order of creation.

I stand to be corrected but I do not see the complications you raise. It seems very scalable to me because it does not require a single byte more.

Nor would it likely impact transfered tiddlers. In fact it would be effectivly invisible except when someone wants a unique id, it will simply be there already.

It seems to me if solutions can be developed where even references can be made to tiddlers for which even the title is mutable we may even find ourselves with tools for translation or natural language processing.

Such a unique id may allow audit trails or export and reimport such that we could even restore renamed tiddlers.

This is an abstract algorithmic idea for sure but I expect they are of interest to you.

Regards
Tony

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 20, 2018, 10:31:39 AM4/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
TonyM

You mean a field with a UUID/GUID would be quite helpful?

I think so for some use cases.

Josiah

TonyM wrote:

... we make a field that contains a unique id stored in a field for any (not nessasarily every) tiddler that is independant of its name...

PMario

Apr 20, 2018, 11:16:33 AM4/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 4:24:38 PM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:
Mario,

I am in total agreement on your approach to titles and have no problem with these myself.

What I am trying to say is can we make a field that containes a unique id stored in a field for any (not nessasarily every) tiddler that is independant of its name.

Yes. .... tiddler titile.  .... once "alias" is a first class TW citizen.

We need something that works out of the box. The tiddler title is the only thing atm, that fulfills the uniqueness requirement. So the tiddler title is the only thing, that can be used as a UUID. period.

We just have to change the existing UI to deal with this. So we have to make sure, once a user flips the switch to UUIDs the "subtitle" or "aliases" field is filled with the tiddler title text. So the user can start to use the tiddler title as the UUID. ...

I think UUIDs and human readable titles may even coexist. IMO it's primarily a UI and editor problem atm.

I don't think a new uuid-field will be a real solution.

If such a field existed I am sure a minor addition to the uni-links plugin would allow tiddlers to be located via this permanent reference and render its caption, title or alias.

right.

-----------------

About using timestamp to create UUIDs .. This is a solved problem. We shouldn't discuss it.

-mario

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 20, 2018, 12:10:21 PM4/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
TonyM wrote:

What I am trying to say is can we make a field that containes a unique id stored in a field for any (not nessasarily every) tiddler that is independant of its name.

PMario replied:

... I think UUIDs and human readable titles may even coexist....

I don't think a new uuid-field will be a real solution.

Solution to what? I think in some use cases a UUID field would have great utility.

The discussion is a bit confused between an attempt to change some thing rudimentary (forget it) and supporting a structured logic for a work-around that could make TW more like a Database (i.e. with unique record numbers )

I think the point is not that TW in any way at centre needs UUIDs. Rather that---as an extension---a UUID field could be the HUB of a work-around for SOME  cases.

IMO the issue is not what is in the core. Rather about some standardization around getting it to behave a bit more like a standard database through extension ... IF you need that. UUIDs are the easiest way to that IMO.

Josiah

Jeremy Ruston

Apr 20, 2018, 12:10:30 PM4/20/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
A property of most GUID generation algorithms is that they can generate a stream of GUIDs that are guaranteed to be unique across time and space:

When generated according to the standard methods, UUIDs are for practical purposes unique, without depending for their uniqueness on a central registration authority or coordination between the parties generating them, unlike most other numbering schemes. While the probability that a UUID will be duplicated is not zero, it is close enough to zero to be negligible.

With such algorithms it may be reasonable to maintain a GUID in a tiddler field other than the title, and to do without any uniqueness constraints (instead, one would just need to follow some high level rules, such as that a new GUID is generated for a clone of an existing tiddler).

Best wishes

Diego Mesa

Apr 26, 2018, 5:25:06 PM4/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Mario,

I'm not sure whats going on, but since I upgraded I've had some problems. Whenever I try to use an alias that has a capital letter, it no longer works, regardless of how the aliases field is defined. In other words:

  • tiddler My Friend has aliases: Test, from tiddler B I type: [[Test|?]] - Does NOT work
  • tiddler My Friend has aliases: Test, from tiddler B I type: [[test|?]] - works
  • tiddler My Friend has aliases: test, from tiddler B I type: [[Test|?]] - Does NOT work
  • tiddler My Friend has aliases: test, from tiddler B I type: [[test|?]] - works
Have I missed something?

Thanks,
Diego

PMario

Apr 27, 2018, 3:09:46 AM4/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Diego,

I can confirm, that there is a problem. ... I need to investigate it.

-m

Diego Mesa

May 9, 2018, 11:23:30 AM5/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Mario,

Just checking back up on this!

Thanks,
Diego

PMario

May 11, 2018, 4:10:25 AM5/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 5:23:30 PM UTC+2, Diego Mesa wrote:
Hey Mario,
Just checking back up on this!

Sorry for the delay. .. The fix should be active with the new version of TW on Saturday.

-m

Diego Mesa

May 14, 2018, 11:51:17 AM5/14/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Mario,

I've updated my node TW to 5.1.17 and everything seems to be working great! Thanks!

PMario

May 14, 2018, 12:17:59 PM5/14/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 5:51:17 PM UTC+2, Diego Mesa wrote:
I've updated my node TW to 5.1.17 and everything seems to be working great! Thanks!

Cool!

We introduced a bug with some new "is" filter extensions in 5.1.16.
They have been removed for 5.1.17 for further testing. In combination with a "fragile" assumption in the alias code, it caused problems.

Next time, we will have to do more testing :)

-m

Diego Mesa

Jun 6, 2018, 5:00:43 PM6/6/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Mario,

Again, thank you for this wonderful plugin. Just a few thoughts:
  • I was wondering if its possible, and if so what your thoughts are, on having alias linking happen automagically without the additional |? syntax. So when I type [[myalias]] the parser would first search for tiddlers with that name, and if none are found, then search for aliases with that name, and if none are found put the italicized link in place for the nonexistent tiddler.
  • I frequently find myself making two aliases a name and its plural (example below). Could this be automated as an option?
    • tiddler title: An Important Method
    • aliases: AIM AIMs
  • Could we use aliases in tags? Sometimes I have long tiddlers like A Very Long Important Method with an alias like AVLM. It would be convenient to tag with AVLM as well (I know this was discussed previously, but Im not sure where anymore).
  • Search could also include searching aliases, without the need for explict filtering.
Thanks again!
Diego

Is something like that possible?

PMario

Jun 7, 2018, 5:13:49 AM6/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 11:00:43 PM UTC+2, Diego Mesa wrote:
Again, thank you for this wonderful plugin. Just a few thoughts:

Thx,
  • I was wondering if its possible, and if so what your thoughts are, on having alias linking happen automagically without the additional |? syntax. ...
OK. So my guess is, that >60% of your links are alias links now and they start to annoy you, because of the extra 2 chars ;) ... I see.
  • So when I type [[myalias]] the parser would first search for tiddlers with that name, and if none are found, then search for aliases with that name, and if none are found put the italicized link in place for the nonexistent tiddler.
I'll have to have a look. May be we can make it configurable. ...

There is a discussion going on (which you started) about having IDs vs. tiddler title. I didn't watch the thread closely, but I saw it ;)

I think, it could be solved with uni-link ... but, I'm not sure if we could do it without some core improvements. .. I didn't have a close look yet.

Hmm, This is "word stemming" analyses, which depends on used languages: see: https://github.com/NaturalNode/natural#stemmers  ... It's a very interesting topic. But I would want to have a German version too ;)
  • Could we use aliases in tags? Sometimes I have long tiddlers like A Very Long Important Method with an alias like AVLM. It would be convenient to tag with AVLM as well (I know this was discussed previously, but Im not sure where anymore).
That's why "alias-handling" isn't part of the core ... We will have to implement it at a very low level, so it basically works everywhere!

IMO Tags are only 1 element here. ...

I think, the main problem is speed. For the alias handling I did implement an "alias-cache" to speed up the de-/referencing process. ..
But tagging itself is used a lot, to create the UI. So slowing down the tag-lookup mechanism may have a major performance impact.

As an alternative:

I did think about using / showing the caption of a tag, instead of the the tag. ... This would be a field to explore. ... and should be doable with UI changes only. ... using the same mechanism that uni-link uses for standad links already.
  • Search could also include searching aliases, without the need for explict filtering.
This should be an easy fix. ... I think

have fun!
mario

Diego Mesa

Jun 7, 2018, 10:21:52 AM6/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for your replies Mario.

Yes! I type a lot of aliases! Especially for people, methods, etc. I think making it configurable is a great idea.

I also agree uni-link could solve the problems posed in that thread, with some careful thinking and updates to the core. In my mind, this should be a major area of effort in TW!

As to your point in stem analyses, this is a good point, and makes the implementation difficult.

I think having tags display as their caption is a great idea!

TonyM

Jun 8, 2018, 12:06:06 AM6/8/18
to TiddlyWiki
Marion,

Requirements to support unique-ID's

As discussed elsewhere It would be great to get Uni-links help support Unique IDs for tiddlers. I believe it may be a quite simple modification.

Current
  • Assuming a tiddler has a unique-id field is is currently only a matter of adding the unique ID to the aliases list.
  • Then this tiddler can always be referred to as [[20180601231113983|?]] regardless of any future name.
  • However this currently displays as a link 20180601231113983, Ideally this would display the subtitle, caption and title before and instead of the alias.

Unique ID support

  • To assist and generalise perhaps there could be an alt-name field in tiddlers that one could populate (with the Unique-id) and other alternative names, or even name the unique-id field
  • As far as I can see the only difference to an alias is the display tittle would be the current (subtitle, caption or title} of the tiddler containing the alias.
  • In its own field or included in the list of aliases the user just needs to honour the convention (make it unique, and not edit or delete this value) which you could recover by searching for its use anyway, and if not used simply regenerated.

I think a Editor Tool bar option to support the tiddler selection of using (the current) tiddler name  (with an alt-name)  but inserts an alias to the alt-name not the tiddler title. I think I can make this.

What would be seriously nice is if we could transclude a tiddler using its Alias or uniqueID because even templates and other special tiddlers could become name independent.

Transcluding items by their alias could allow the alias to change where it is set (ie change the relevant tiddler) or permit multiples to be trancluded because they share the alias.

This would be a simpler way to replicate the behaviour of display items tagged such as in view and page templates, without using tags.

Regards
Tony

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 6:08:58 PM UTC+10, PMario wrote:
Hi Folks,

[...]

[1] https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/Z7dRU3HrzSs

PMario

Jul 24, 2018, 5:36:02 AM7/24/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, June 8, 2018 at 6:06:06 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:
Marion,

-n

Requirements to support unique-ID's

As discussed elsewhere It would be great to get Uni-links help support Unique IDs for tiddlers. I believe it may be a quite simple modification.

:) not really. ... I'm thinking about UUIDs since early TiddlySPACE days (2011). ... The main problem I'm facing over and over again, is to create a "really" unique ID, that doesn't suffer "link-rot". It doesn't make sense to use UUIDs, just because we can. ...

Current
  • Assuming a tiddler has a unique-id field is is currently only a matter of adding the unique ID to the aliases list.
  • Then this tiddler can always be referred to as [[20180601231113983|?]] regardless of any future name.
  • However this currently displays as a link 20180601231113983, Ideally this would display the subtitle, caption and title before and instead of the alias.

Technically, this seems to be possible. The main problem is the caching and lookup mechanism. ... It needs to be fast with many tiddlers. The alias handling implements some low level functions to make alias "backlink" handling fast(er). ... The UUID handling would need its own functions ... So we will have 3 different caches: standard link-backlinks, alias-backlinks and uuid-backlinks.

So the whole mechanism starts to get slow(er), since all 3 of them have to be kept up to date. ... Every single one of them needs to touch every tiddler in the system. ... IMO the whole core caching mechanism would need an update to do all the work in only 1 run, instead of 3 ...

Unique ID support
  • To assist and generalise perhaps there could be an alt-name field in tiddlers that one could populate (with the Unique-id) and other alternative names, or even name the unique-id field
  • As far as I can see the only difference to an alias is the display tittle would be the current (subtitle, caption or title} of the tiddler containing the alias.
  • In its own field or included in the list of aliases the user just needs to honour the convention (make it unique, and not edit or delete this value) which you could recover by searching for its use anyway, and if not used simply regenerated.
The concept is clear ... I'm only concerned about complexity ... for new users ...

I think a Editor Tool bar option to support the tiddler selection of using (the current) tiddler name  (with an alt-name)  but inserts an alias to the alt-name not the tiddler title. I think I can make this.

I personally don't use the toolbar. Clicking buttons, while typing a text is a pain, and drop down menus are evil. The editor needs to handle those functions. The toolbar should have been a plugin, that I can remove.

What would be seriously nice is if we could transclude a tiddler using its Alias or uniqueID because even templates and other special tiddlers could become name independent.

Yea, the aliasing mechanism has to be deeply implemented into the "core mechanics" ... That's why, there is still a long way to go until it will be ready for "the core" ;)

Transcluding items by their alias could allow the alias to change where it is set (ie change the relevant tiddler) or permit multiples to be trancluded because they share the alias.

We only would need to see, how fast the look-up functions can be made. ... The internal structure of TW is optimized handle tiddler titles. Every other lookup needs a significant amount of javascript, to be executed. .. tiddler-title is (kind of) "basic memory access".

This would be a simpler way to replicate the behaviour of display items tagged such as in view and page templates, without using tags.

I'm not sure, what you mean here. ...

have fun!
mario
Message has been deleted

TonyM

Jul 25, 2018, 8:40:43 PM7/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Mario,

Thanks for reviewing this as far as being a fully integrated solution. I think its complexity and performance issues you raise indicates this "integrated case" not be done.

I am confident a solution I have will not have "link rot".

Personally the provision of links and transclusions that allow the title to be changed is an "edge case" in my view. I can see how in some particular circumstances it may be necessary yet there are workarounds.
  • My interest is academic, as I do not currently have a need for such a solution; and with respect to those who have asked for It, I suggest developing your tiddler naming skills and the way your tiddlers are organised will get you out of a lot of trouble. Perhaps using data tiddlers is a way for them to structure their data.
  • However for this edge case I already made a button that will set a unique ID on a "nominated" tiddler. I even avoid javascript by indicating with a red button it is not unique (occurs with cloning tiddlers) it is pressed again and a new unique number generated. Once the ID button is green it remains as an indicator but no longer changes the ID. This can also be done to a list of tiddlers to apply unique ID's in bulk.
  • Now with a subset of tiddlers that have a unique value in a field it will be simple to make a set of macros that allow the unique ID to be used to transclude, or link to the containing tiddler, and uniquei-id[IDn] can be used in filters.
  • That is the links or transclusion can be placed anywhere and are only used when rendering a tiddler containing such link or transclusion.
I can satisfy the requirements, but have no need to, so if someone has a reasonable case demanding it, I hope they let me know and I will finish building it. Otherwise I will build it when, and if I need it.

Best wishes
Tony

Diego Mesa

Sep 6, 2018, 6:11:11 PM9/6/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Mario,

Just checking back to see if you think these are worthwhile to include in the plugin?

Best,
Diego

PMario

Sep 9, 2018, 5:07:09 AM9/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, September 7, 2018 at 12:11:11 AM UTC+2, Diego Mesa wrote:
Hey Mario,
Just checking back to see if you think these are worthwhile to include in the plugin?

Thx for the reminder. .. As I wrote at github. I would like to go with a new shortcut, that is added to next release, which I will upload today. It should make typing alias much faster. ...

The alias postfix [[ |?]] was introduced to create a backwards compatible difference between links an alias links. I think, it shouldn't be removed. See github.

-mario

PMario

Sep 9, 2018, 5:11:06 AM9/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 11:07:09 AM UTC+2, PMario wrote:
Thx for the reminder. .. As I wrote at github. I would like to go with a new shortcut, that is added to next release, which I will upload today. It should make typing alias much faster. ...

As a default shortcut I will use shift-alt-K, since it is next to shift-alt-L (link) and it's easy to type. ... In your setting you may re-configer it to shift-alt-L ...

-m

PMario

Sep 9, 2018, 6:08:20 PM9/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, September 7, 2018 at 12:11:11 AM UTC+2, Diego Mesa wrote:
Hey Mario,
Just checking back to see if you think these are worthwhile to include in the plugin?

Have a look at the new 0.3.4 version, which contains the new UI elements.  https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/
The default shortcut is CTRL-K ... which I think is much handier.

have fun!
mario

Diego Mesa

Sep 16, 2018, 1:56:08 PM9/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for the update Mario. I understand why you want to maintain the |? marker.

The way I think about linking in tiddlywiki is split in two ways:
  1. What I want to type to get a link
    • Aliases are the first and only thing tiddlywiki has in this category
  2. What I want to render for that link
    • Here, we have the subtitle and caption fields.
A problem I now I have is that sometimes I want to TYPE an alias but DISPLAY its full title. To accomplish this with unilink, it seems Id have to add a subtitle field which contains the entire title of the tiddler. But this would then cause all alias links to the tiddler to render with the subtitle.

Would it make sense to be able to control this on a perlink basis? Where we can use:

  • [[alias|?]] - just displays alias
  • [[alias|?t]] - displays contents of title field
  • [[alias|?s]] - displays contents of subtitle field
  • [[alias|?c]] - displays contents of caption field
Just some random ideas!

Best,
Diego

PMario

Sep 17, 2018, 6:25:22 AM9/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 7:56:08 PM UTC+2, Diego Mesa wrote:

A problem I now I have is that sometimes I want to TYPE an alias but DISPLAY its full title.

If uni-link plugin is installed the tiddler link behaviour changes as follows:

 - with uni-link there are 4 elements that can be used to render a [[standard-link]]
   - title ... TW default
   - [[new link text|pretty-link]] ... TW default
   - caption ... takes precedence over title for the link ... always takes precedence in the TOC
   - subtitle ... takes precedence over caption ... TOC doesn't know it
   - If caption or subtitle exists [[standard-link|]]  uses the title and ignores caption or subtitle
     - see the trailing pipe charactar |

 - The [[alias-link|?]] adds a new syntax element.
   - alias links ignore the caption and subtitle fields and show the alias text as rendered text

To accomplish this with unilink, it seems Id have to add a subtitle field which contains the entire title of the tiddler. But this would then cause all alias links to the tiddler to render with the subtitle.

That's not true. subtitle is ignored by alias links. caption and subtitle are only used for [[pretty-links]]

Conclusion:

So if you want to use the tiddler title, you'll need to use a standard link.

have fun!
mario

PMario

Sep 17, 2018, 6:31:09 AM9/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

Conclusion:

So if you want to use the tiddler title, you'll need to use a standard link.

After posting my reply, I could see your "real" problem. ... If you rename a tiddler title, alias links still work, but standard links don't.

Would it make sense to be able to control this on a perlink basis? Where we can use:
  • [[alias|?]] - just displays alias
  • [[alias|?t]] - displays contents of title field
  • [[alias|?s]] - displays contents of subtitle field
  • [[alias|?c]] - displays contents of caption field

IMO This would be a possibility, but somehow I have a bad feeling ... Need to think about it.

-m

Diego Mesa

Dec 13, 2018, 11:00:34 AM12/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Mario,

Just want to ping this conversation again, and see if you (or others!) have any more thoughts on this?

PMario

Dec 17, 2018, 9:55:05 AM12/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Diego,

Thx for the reminder. ... I'm very reluctant about hardcoding ?t, ?c, ?s ... What if existing users have valid links that look that way. ... So it would be needed to make a configuration for exceptions. ...

I did think about it. ... If the uni-link parser sees: [[alias|?]] it uses a macro call like this <<aka alias>>

The macro code for ?t, ?c and so on would look completely different. ...

So what if ?t would call <<t alias>> and ?c would call <<c alias>> ... So it would be possible to define ?x which would call <<x alias>> I think this has a lot of potential, since the user could have as many alias representations as needed.

There is some potential for mis-use and heavy performance problems, if misused, ... but I like the idea.

What I don't like is backlinking this stuff, which will be needed. eg: Show me all alias links, that display with ?c ... and so on.

The main problem is, that the more stuff we can do, the less likely it will become a "core" element.

What do you think?

-m

PMario

Dec 17, 2018, 9:57:11 AM12/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Diego,

It seems you use aliases a lot. ... I have some questions.

How many tiddlers do you have?
How many uni-links do you use?
Do you have any performance issues?

have fun!
mario

Diego Mesa

Dec 17, 2018, 12:19:51 PM12/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Mario,

I have about 900 non-system tiddlers and 120 of them have aliases. I have not noticed any performance issues in daily usage (haven't really looked/done testing)

Diego Mesa

Dec 17, 2018, 1:07:37 PM12/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Mario,

Some of my points are overlapped with those in another thread, as I think this plugin attempts to solve a core problem.

In my mind, linking is one of the two major pillars of TW (searching/filtering being the other - why I think a lot and comment a lot about search). If I want to link to something there are three issues of concern:
  1. what I want to type
    • Aliases are magical here! A tiddler with "long title of method" can save me many keystrokes (and potential typos!) if I just type the name of the alias.
    • Critically, this is decoupled from where I want the link to go, and what I want it to render as. I don't ever want to type "a very long title", or if the core also supports uniqueIDs, I don't want to type timestamps.
    • Something that I think should be incorporated into the core (!!!!) (or at least with uni-link) is the Edit-Comptext dropdown plugin. This plugin already lets you define custom dropdown templates, so its natural to incorporate the filters uni-link provides.
  2. where I want it to go
    • If we're not just focusing on aliases for a second, this isn't as straightforward as I initially thought - frequently I want a link to go to a tiddler with a specific title. Sometimes I want a link to go to a specific tiddler, regardless of its title. For example, my TW is constantly evolving as my system of knowledge is evolving - I rename things, reorganize, etc frequently. If I rename a method, or person, etc. all of my links to this tiddler no longer work (there have been previous discussions of renaming tiddlers triggering a search/replace). I am more interested in linking by a UNIQUE ID (for example, created timestamp) - that way renaming a tiddler's title does not trigger massive changes in the rest of your tiddlers (I use version control, so its a bit annoying when I rename one tiddler, my commit object contains changes to 20 other tiddlers whose links to this one tiddler also had to change).
    • Uni-link address this issue, by introducing a (hopefully) unique field: aliases. So now I can link to [[coolMethod|?]] regardless of the actual title of that tiddler. This is a wonderful feature.
  3. what I want to render
    • TW already supports some version of this, as sometimes its appropriate to render a tiddler's title, other times its caption. I just want to extend this so that the user has more fine-grained control over this.
---------------------------

If anyone is familiar with Latex (typesetting engine for scientific papers), I can describe the desired behavior with an analogy (if not skip this piece). In latex, we can have a bibliography (list of papers) in a .bib file (something like JSON), where a paper is entered like:

@article{citationKey,
title={The Very Long Title of the Paper},
author=...
}

In the actual paper, we make citations like this: \cite{citationKey} - short, simple, and citationKey is something we can pick. We can also, by way of different settingsI specify once at the top of the file, change the way these citations are rendered in the PDF (APA, MLA, etc) without having to change anything in our text! So, in the analogy citationKey is our aliases and specifies where I want my link to go, \cite{citationKey} is what I type, and what format it is rendered in is what I want the link to show up as.

---------------------------

To your other points:
  • I understand your reluctance to hardcode t,c,s - but in my mind, these are already "core" supported fields (except for subtitle, which this plugin already introduced and supports). I think the issue of existing users having valid links that already look like [[|?t]], [[|?c]], etc is probably very rare. Also, as this is a plugin, its ok for this to "break" how that works for them right now. If (and hopefully when!) this plugin gets accepted into the core, appropriate warnings could be issues, and it could trigger a version bump to 5.2 (as Jeremey indicated the second digit is to indiciate small but backwards incompatible changes).
  • The issue of <<x alias>> could be very interesting (and powerful), but I could see that being left to a plugin, like Jeds GenTags plugin.
  • Showing backlinks for ?t, and ?c etc doesn't strike me as immediately necessary as these are flags that only affect rendered/display properties. In other words, I dont think its necessary to be able to answer the question "show me all of my aliases where I chose to display the caption". Even if it is appropriate, we shouldn't let perfect be the enemy of good! In other words, this might a feature that is supported later (even much later, if at all).
  • Misuse leading to performance issues - This is true about any powerful feature! Just like transclusion! I think with some proper warnings/caveats in the documentation, it should be enough to let people learn and experiment.
  • The more advanced it is the less likely it will be in the core - I think this is true generally, and I understand the reason for it. I think that uni-link, even with the extra features I mentioned above, should be a part of the core as it addresses one of the two main pillars in a big and useful (and backward compatible) way.

Id just like to repeat and emphasize that I am very very grateful to you for your work on this plugin! I don't want to come off as an ungrateful user that just wants more and more features that are more and more specific to my use-case. Uni-link is the most essential plugin I use in my TW and I want to see it grow and become a core part of TW! It directly addresses and greatly imrpoves upon one of the main pillars of TW: linking!

Best,
Diego

PMario

Dec 18, 2018, 7:07:07 AM12/18/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego,

Thanks for your nice words!

TL;DR I'll implement it!

--------------

    1. what I want to type
      • about: "Edit-Comptext dropdown plugin" ... That's a good idea. ... I'll have to have a closer look
      • I've seen the discussions about "frictionless writing". I think aliases can help here.
    1. where I want it to go
      • I've seen the discussions about UUIDs. They started 5+ years ago. ... As we can see. ... It doesn't work out (1 exception TiddlyMap) It is way to complicated to use for "ordinary" users.
      • TW already uses a UUID -> The title.
        • It is uniqe within 1 tiddlywiki by design. And it's super convenient for new users to use. The problem now is, how can we make it universal unique
        • I think I have an Idea, which is not directly related to uni-link.
    1. what I want to render
      • I can see the issue. And I think, the solution is generic enough, to be part of the plugin.

    I do like your BibTeX example. That's straight to the point. It would be possible to write [[citationKey|?cite]] or [[alias|?cite]]. But I'm not sure, if this type of functionality is "overpowerd". With the current code, in these examples cite is a macro name. something like <<cite alias>>

    With the existing TW version it could be written as: {{tiddlerTitle||cite}} ... The only difference is, that using an alias will survive tiddler renaming. ... Which I think is huge!

    BUT

    Can you see the duplication of syntax / functionality? I'm not sure, if we really should do this. ... I know, that you didn't ask for an implementation that I describe above. Your usecase is "simpler", ... but the consequences are the same.

    have fun!
    mario

    Diego Mesa

    Dec 28, 2018, 10:33:23 PM12/28/18
    to TiddlyWiki
    Hey Mario

    Just a quick note - I think github handles uniqueIDs and linking wonderfully. Each PR, Issue, etc gets a unique sequential ID. When you want to link to one you can type # and a popup appears with the ID and the title. That is automatically added as a reference in the original issue (our backlinks). It would be wonderful to have a similar workflow on TW.

    PMario

    Dec 29, 2018, 6:42:02 AM12/29/18
    to TiddlyWiki
    Hi,

    On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 4:33:23 AM UTC+1, Diego Mesa wrote:
    Just a quick note - I think github handles uniqueIDs and linking wonderfully. Each PR, Issue, etc gets a unique sequential ID. When you want to link to one you can type # and a popup appears with the ID and the title. That is automatically added as a reference in the original issue (our backlinks). It would be wonderful to have a similar workflow on TW.

    IMO that's not possible. If you write #1234 in a tiddler and copy it from A TW to a different one eg: B, the reference will be assigned to a different element, which just happens to have the same index. ... Or the connection will be lost.

    -m

    Kalmir

    Jan 4, 2019, 6:21:50 AM1/4/19
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    Hi, PMario and others,

    originally this was a post about me having an issue with the plugin: it did not recognize capital letters.

    Then I found out it was because my TW was 5.1.16. Since upgrading to 5.1.19 the problem is solved.

    In case someone else was looking how to debug this...

    Thanks for the plugin,

    Mira

    TonyM

    Jan 4, 2019, 7:01:42 AM1/4/19
    to TiddlyWiki
    Mira,

    Thanks for sharing and completing the thread

    Tony

    Charles d’Artagnan de Batz-Castelmore

    Mar 15, 2020, 5:07:03 AM3/15/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Hey everybody,

    I am quite new to all this TiddlyWiki thing, but this plugin would deliver essential features for my TiddlyWiki usage, so thank you a lot for that! Nevertheless I experience a problem with correct indication of references. In case of clicking on an alialised link, everything works fine and it leads me to the desired tiddler. Though, there, it might not appear in the references tab in the info of that tiddler. Is this a known issue?

    A specific case: There is a tiddler "Foo" with an alias "bar". If I reference in the text body of a tiddler "Tah" using [[Bar|?]], it will bring me to "Foo",  but in the references of "Foo" it says "No tiddlers link to this one" and "No tiddlers alias to this one".

    Another case, using the demo wiki (https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/): If I create a new tiddler and link to the "Darwinism" tiddler using [[Darwinism|?]], the new tiddler is not listed in "Darwinism"'s references. If I use [[Darwinism]] everything is fine.

    I cannot see a pattern at the moment. Sometimes it seems to depend on the capitalization, but I not totally sure.  Any hint is appreciated!
    Thanks and all the best...

    PMario

    Mar 15, 2020, 12:01:47 PM3/15/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Hi,
    I did test it with: https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/ and it works as expected.

    Do you use flibbles tw5-relink plugin? ... If yes that's the problem. I know about the issue but didn't have time to fix it.

    I'll have to have a closer look and make it compatible.

    -mario

    Thanos Pal

    Mar 15, 2020, 2:26:14 PM3/15/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    I just stumbled upon the same problem.
    I also use the relink plugin, but I don't believe that's the culprit. From my experiments the problem is with capitalization and also happens in the wiki you posted.
    If you notice in Charles post he links to a tiddler with an alias "bar" with [[Bar|?]] and that's where it doesn't work. I'm sure, as is also the case for me, that if he has an alias "bar" in a tiddler "Foo" and he links to it via [[bar|?]] the "references" tab will populate.
    I'm looking at the code, but I've zero experience with javascript and I'm kind of lost to be honest. Do you have any ideas for what is going on?

    -Thanos

    PMario

    Mar 15, 2020, 2:44:30 PM3/15/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    On Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 7:26:14 PM UTC+1, Thanos Pal wrote:

    From my experiments the problem is with capitalization and also happens in the wiki you posted.
    If you notice in Charles post he links to a tiddler with an alias "bar" with [[Bar|?]] and that's where it doesn't work. I'm sure, as is also the case for me,

    That's new to me, but I can confirm it. ... It shouldn't be a problem, since aliases are not case sensitive. ... So may be I missed a .toLowerCase() somewhere.

    I'll have a look at it. Thx for the info!

    -mario

    Charles d’Artagnan de Batz-Castelmore

    Mar 15, 2020, 3:01:06 PM3/15/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Yep, I use the mentioned relink plugin. Thanks for your reply!

    I still get that error in the demo. Here is a screenshot, that shows how it looks for me. The text of those tiddlers are simple alias links, i.e. [[Darwinism|?]] in "bar" and [[darwinism|?]] in "foo". I am somehow happy, that Thanos can confirm it. So maybe there is hope for a coexistence of uni-link and relink?
    Unfortunately I cannot help fixing those kind of problems. That is way out of my league at the moment.

    Screenshot from 2020-03-15 19-48-42.png

    PMario

    Mar 15, 2020, 4:06:55 PM3/15/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    On Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 8:01:06 PM UTC+1, Charles d’Artagnan de Batz-Castelmore wrote:
    I still get that error in the demo. Here is a screenshot,

    Thx for the info! As I wrote, I can confirm, that there is a problem. I'll have a look.

    -mario

    PMario

    Mar 16, 2020, 12:18:55 PM3/16/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Hi folks,

    Just posted a new version 1.1.2 of uni-link plugin, which should fix the problem.

    have fun!
    mario

    PS - If you USE it: Support it :)

    Thanos Pal

    Mar 16, 2020, 3:46:36 PM3/16/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Thank you for the time you have poured into this and for the really fast fix, it's much appreciated!

    -Thanos

    Charles d’Artagnan de Batz-Castelmore

    Mar 16, 2020, 8:58:49 PM3/16/20
    to TiddlyWiki