Make "line break and minus" render line break

Mat

Mar 7, 2018, 2:16:51 PM3/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
I would like to be able to take notes by making lists like this:

Optional headline
-an item
--a subitem
-another item

-yet another item, separated from the previous in both edit- and view modes

What you see looks the same in both edit- and view-mode. So, the "triggering pattern" to render a line break is thus simply a line break followed by a minus.

How?

My use case is that I often make quick and temporary "keyword notes" - they're not intended as actual bullet lists and might for example be elaborated into sentences or paragraphs later on. This is also why the 'separations' are important; it is to distinguish keyword groups from one another.

Thank you!

<:-)

TonyM

Mar 8, 2018, 1:10:20 AM3/8/18
to TiddlyWiki
Mat,

Have you used the Semi-colon and Colon markup?

In edit you can add all the extra blank lines you want to help with reading, but when rendered they are removed, however what is rendered uses a display format that is very clear?

I know this is not an exact answer to your question but I do suggest exploring what is posible and adopting new methods rather than create new solutions.

Try this in a Tiddler as an example.

!!!Headings of course

```
Optional headline
```

;Heading
:Item

;Heading 2
:Item2
::Next level
:Back level

:::3 levels

Check out this reference work of Tobias beers's

You could also delineate large sections using the block quote

> block
>> quotes
>>> are </dd>easy

I have started using HTML to great effect, if you know it, or have a reason to learn

Also the semi-colon and Colon respond to css class names

;.heading Heading text
:.item Item text

Where
.heading
.item

are classes in a stylesheet

or @@.item Item details inline@@ more text

I use .q for questions and .a for answers

;.q Question
:.a answer

Regards
Tony

PMario

Mar 8, 2018, 5:16:46 AM3/8/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

IMO the easiest way for temporary notes, that shoud be shown as-is is: Change the tiddler type to: text/plain.

-m