TW5 - Remove automatic interwiki links

Johan van Litsenborgh

Jun 29, 2017, 5:57:16 AM6/29/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Some words used, seems like Camel Case words but can't seem to pin it fown, get hyperlinks to tiddlers that don't exist. They create automatic interwiki links.

How do I stop this functionality?

Thanks in advance

ste...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2017, 8:54:49 AM6/29/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

Some words used, seems like Camel Case words but can't seem to pin it fown, get hyperlinks to tiddlers that don't exist. They create automatic interwiki links.

Hoe do I stop this functionality?

You can disable CamelCase linking in the Control Panel of your TiddlyWiki, see:

http://tiddlywiki.com/#How%20to%20turn%20off%20camel%20case%20linking

In the "Settings" tab of your Control Panel, you'll also find an option to disable all links to missing tiddlers (section: "Wiki Links"). This might be helpful, too.

~Stef

Johan van Litsenborgh

Jun 29, 2017, 3:18:40 PM6/29/17
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks a lot Stef.

For me this should be turned off by default, I can't think of a good reason for this at all.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 29, 2017, 3:22:52 PM6/29/17
to TiddlyWiki
i  think its probably a legacy issue about what people used to want.

i agree that the default now for most users would be better if it were OFF.

josiah