TiddlyServer Missing ETag on Nginx Reverse Proxy

oha...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2020, 4:02:50 PM7/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all,

I'm at the end of my rope here, trying to fix this. I am running an instance of TiddlyServer on my Raspberry Pi running behind an Nginx reverse proxy and SSL from Let's Encrypt. Some combination of all of these factors causes the Etag header to be missing on the responses, and my server cannot save because of it. Viewing the localhost works fine.

I came across this old thread with similar issues https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/tiddlywiki/c/8HB0R_ADYac/m/axe_o1IgBAAJ but saw no answers in there.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. You can find my TiddlyServer setup in the original issue here https://github.com/Arlen22/TiddlyServer/issues/97 and my Nginx config is as follows:

server {

  error_log /var/log/nginx/mydomain.com.log;
  access_log /var/log/nginx/mydomain.com.access.log combined;

  location / {
    proxy_pass http://192.168.0.109:8080/;
    proxy_set_header Host $host;
  }

    listen [::]:443 ssl ipv6only=on;
    listen 443 ssl;

    ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.com/fullchain.pem; # managed by Certbot
    ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.com/privkey.pem; # managed by Certbot
    ssl_trusted_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.com/chain.pem;
    include /etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-nginx.conf; # managed by Certbot
    ssl_dhparam /etc/letsencrypt/ssl-dhparams.pem; # managed by Certbot

}server {
    if ($host = mydomain.com) {
        return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
    } # managed by Certbot

    if ($host = www.mydomain.com) {
        return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
    } # managed by Certbot

  listen 80;
  listen [::]:80;
    return 404; # managed by Certbot
}

TW Tones

Jul 6, 2020, 7:32:50 PM7/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi - whats your name?

I do not have the skills to help you as I have not gone this way previously.

I do recall however configuring etag settings in TiddlyServers settings.json in the past, primarily to stop the passing of time giving rise to failed saves.

Perhaps this is a clue that could lead you to resolution?

Regards
Tony

oha...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2020, 12:41:07 AM7/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

Jordan here.

That sounds like a good path to go down, how do I go about it?

Saq Imtiaz

Jul 7, 2020, 12:58:18 AM7/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Have a look at the etag settings mentioned at https://arlen22.github.io/tiddlyserver/docs/serverconfig.html

(A browser search on that page is helpful)

oha...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2020, 2:36:12 AM7/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Solved! Adding Etag required got it working in an Incognito, and it turned out one of my extensions ClearUrls was removing Etag too! Double issue, but ll fixed now.

Thanks for the help you wonderful gentlemen.