The Permanent Assurance -- Will you remember me?

@TiddlyTweeter

Jan 19, 2018, 2:28:22 PM1/19/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
A remarkable thing about TiddltWiki is that because it uses compliant HTML, CSS  and Javascript its close to keeping the thing readable in 30 years time (unless we are on the Great Founders' Trump-Net by then).

However--would the net have kept your archived sepulcher by then or, after your demise would you be in oblivion? Lost to your grandchildren.

Perhaps TiddlyWiki should get into the LONG TERM ARCHIVING business? It could give needed revenue and give the mechanism needed to make the wishing true?

Here's a vid/song about Permanent Assurance: https://vimeo.com/111458975

Just a thought.
Josiah

HansWobbe

Jan 20, 2018, 2:22:04 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Josiah:

There is a belief that as long as you are remembered, you are immortal. This is being practiced is at least one Flickr instance where a note-wortyh photographer's family has paid the annual membership fees for decades in advance so that his work will continue to please others. Its sort of a low-cost memorial.

With just a little bit of financial acumen, it might even be possible to set up a self-sustaining Foundation that replicates the Nobel prizes, based on the assumption that a large number of small contributors can easily scale up to exceed the work of one super-star.

Perhaps Twitter could be used to test some preliminary assumptions?

However--would the net have kept your archived sepulcher by then or, after your demise would you be in oblivion? Lost to your grandchildren.

Perhaps TiddlyWiki should get into the LONG TERM ARCHIVING business? It could give needed revenue and give the mechanism needed to make the wishing true?

Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Jan 20, 2018, 2:52:34 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hans

tx. Its a interesting thought to test the idea on Twitter. Never occurred to me, but is apposite.

J.

Ste Wilson

Jan 20, 2018, 5:25:19 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?

Is from a terry pratchett book where they keep the names of dead klax operators mechanised semaphore towers) in 'the overhead'so the names go up and down the line with every message. When sir terry died there was a bit of html created to go in the header section so his name would be remembered...

See here www.gnuterrypratchett.com

Ste Wilson

Jan 20, 2018, 5:37:35 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
P.s someone make a clax plugin!!!

HansWobbe

Jan 21, 2018, 12:06:54 PM1/21/18
to TiddlyWiki
@josiah:

After a bit more off-line chatting, it seems there could be quite a bit of appeal, especially if we interface to Ancestry and Family tree data.  Genetics is also developing quickly enough that there is increasing interest in understaning the hereditary aspects of health.

I will be quite surprised if there aren't ways this can become at least self-funding.  Some good Twitter research may well be a way to test that assumption.

Cheers,
Hans