Increase width of the sidebar

heusmich

Sep 6, 2021, 3:40:04 PM9/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi @all,

Is it somehow possible to increase the width of the sidebar?
Meanwhile I have a lot of tiddlers and sub-tiddlers, that I often have to scroll to the right to see the tiddlers when navigating in my sidebar.
Under Control Panel > Appearance > Theme Tweeks I can find some settings, but they don´t seem to change anything.
So if possible I would double the width of the sidebar, then it would be much better for me.

Best regards

strikke...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2021, 4:21:46 PM9/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
You found the right place. In Theme Tweaks Options, what are your setting - for Sidebar layout. Check that it is fixed story, fluid sidebar. Then see if your setting change. If it does not work. Do you have any stylesheets installed - that could have effect on the sidebar width.

heusmich

Sep 6, 2021, 4:45:45 PM9/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
Normally I use fluid story, fixed sidebar. But then six seventh of my screen are used for the story and one seventh is used for the sidebar.
When I change it to fixed story, fluid sidebar, then three fourth of the screen are used for the sidebar and only one fourth for the story.
All the settings for "Story right", "Story width" and so on stay the same.
It would be nice if I could manually change the width of the sidebar and then the rest of the screen will automatically be used for the story, or vice versa.

strikke...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2021, 5:00:39 PM9/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
Fluid story, fixed sidebar - then go to the bottom - to sidebar width - enter what you want for the sidebar, and the rest will be used for story.
If that does not work for you - I really do not know.

heusmich

Sep 6, 2021, 5:10:31 PM9/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
Yes, this is working.
Thx!
:D

TW Tones

Sep 6, 2021, 7:52:54 PM9/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
I made this tool for interactive sidebar width

see attached

sideBar-width.json

heusmich

Sep 7, 2021, 3:23:37 AM9/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
Before I install it, what exactly does it do?

strikke...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2021, 4:01:56 AM9/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
You can download the link from TW Tones - go to tiddlywiki.com , import it. Then you can see how it works and if you like it.

In short you get a new page control - not shown - but you can select in from the sidebar Tools tab. Clicking that button opens a modal to select the necessary values. That is good for easy experimentation until you find the right solution for you.

heusmich

Sep 7, 2021, 4:33:39 AM9/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
OK, thanks for the tool, I tried it but I think I don´t need it.

TW Tones

Sep 7, 2021, 7:58:38 AM9/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
Well,

To be clear it answers the original request. It allows you to change the sidebar width. Be it increase or reduce.

Even if you do not use the tool by looking inside it you can see what it changes. And make this change manually.

Tones

strikke...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2021, 8:43:27 AM9/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
@TW Tones,
I had good help from your tool some time ago when I had to work on several laptops with different screen sizes and resolutions. In that situation it quickly became a must have.

Birthe