Can someone please give an example of external image linking

aamaadmi

Sep 24, 2014, 3:45:56 PM9/24/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
eg.

i created a folder
images

in
tiddlywiki folder

which will hold images

then edited a tiddler to include image
anatomy.jpg

then i am confused.

Is it ?
[img[C:\tiddlywiki\images\anatomy.jpg]]

where do i put
_canonical_uri

thanks

Andreas Hahn

Sep 24, 2014, 4:07:43 PM9/24/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi aamaadmi,

you can either do:

[img[file://C:\tiddlywiki\images\anatomy.jpg]]

or:

[img[images\anatomy.jpg]]

/Andreas

Andreas Hahn

Sep 24, 2014, 4:08:58 PM9/24/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Notice that the second version is independent of where the TW is stored,
as long as the tiddlywiki file is next to the image folder.

/Andreas

aamaadmi

Sep 24, 2014, 4:41:10 PM9/24/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
thank you andreas, i think 2nd is a good option .

what is
_canonical_uri

for ?

Jeremy Ruston

Sep 25, 2014, 3:21:19 AM9/25/14
to TiddlyWiki
Hi aamaadmi

> what is _canonical_uri

It lets you wrap an external tiddler into a tiddler so that you can refer to it more easily.

For example, create a tiddler titled "MyImage" with the type "image/jpeg" and the "_canonical_uri" field set to "images\anatomy.jpg". Then you can embed it as an image with `[img[MyImage]]` or `{{MyImage}}`. The advantage of using it is that you can subsequently change the URL of the image just by changing it in a single place.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

aamaadmi

Sep 25, 2014, 6:31:36 AM9/25/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
Thank you jeremy.

Got it.

Mark Krieg

Feb 1, 2019, 10:19:33 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
This reply was very helpful to me!  I was able to get the _canonical_uri image tiddler working in TiddlyDesktop, but under Node.js, I don't know where I store the images folder. I'm using the server edition on Node.js.

Under TiddlyDesktop I use:   TiddlyWikiMedia/IMG_0459.jpg where the folder TiddlyWikiMedia is in the same location as my TiddlyWiki.html file.

But under Node.js, where do I place the TiddlyWikiMedia folder so that it works with the same reference?

I've tried all sorts of locations and none of them seem to work.

I hope that explanation makes sense!

Every blessing!

Mark

Mark S.

Feb 2, 2019, 12:10:45 AM2/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
This is an old thread. When it was first started, it wouldn't have been possible to use node to serve up your images.

Luckily, now you can look at https://tiddlywiki.com/#Using%20the%20integrated%20static%20file%20server on details of where to put static files to be served up.

-- Mark