Sync error while processing '$:/StoryList': XMLHttpRequest error code: 404

stevesuny

Aug 2, 2017, 5:13:23 PM8/2/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi folks,
I'm new to using node.js

1. I set up node.js
2. I created a new wiki
3. I saved the wiki using file-save-as in chrome
4. worked fine as file://filename.html

syncer-browser-tiddlyweb - 17:11:13 2 8 2017
XMLHttpRequest error code: 404

syncer-browser-tiddlyweb - 17:11:14 2 8 2017
Sync error while processing '$:/StoryList': XMLHttpRequest error code: 404

This is new behavior; I've done this same workflow many times before.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

//steve.

Mark S.

Aug 2, 2017, 7:16:24 PM8/2/17
to TiddlyWiki

You mean you used the browser's save-as function? I believe you have to use tiddlywiki's "save" button to create a working stand-alone file.

Good luck,
Mark

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 2, 2017, 7:24:21 PM8/2/17
to TiddlyWiki
stevesuny wrote: I'm new to using node.js

Don't do it.

It will corrupt your essence.

// josiah

Danielo Rodríguez

Aug 3, 2017, 7:22:34 AM8/3/17
to TiddlyWiki
Why are you using mode at all ? Seems that you only need the HTML file. It's better if you click the download empty button from tiddlywiki.com
In any case, never try to save tiddlywiki using your browser's save as method, alleaysnude tiddlywiki save button

stevesuny

Aug 3, 2017, 9:56:23 AM8/3/17
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks, Danielo & Mark: Of course! Don't know what I was thinking -- using the TW save button is correct. Solved the problems.

Danielo: I am using node.js to learn it, and this project is just a demo to see if I can figure it out.

Josiah: Not sure if your comment was tongue-in-cheek or not, but I'll take it seriously, because it does resonate. You noted that node.js will "corrupt my essence." To be honest, I agree: moving from the file-based to the node.js version of TW radically changes the type of TW user I am. I think it renders me less sensitive to the struggles of everyday TW users, which is not helpful for me as a teacher. However, my projects are getting sufficiently complex and large that the file-based system doesn't work for me. So, I think I'll have to live with the "corrupted essence" of myself as a TW user :).

//steve.

Mark S.

Aug 3, 2017, 10:46:42 AM8/3/17
to TiddlyWiki
Does node.js allow larger data sets? My understanding is that the server serves up everything (unless you use the lazy serve option). So it's the same load inside your browser.  Saving may be faster, but that's not really the speed bump in the first place.

Mark

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 4, 2017, 11:28:22 AM8/4/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Steve

It was kinda both fun & question. Sort of prodding for an answer.

Maybe your drift to The Node Side will have good effects :-). I learned a LOT from your student's projects. Maybe you will get them a bit into it too?

Best wishes
Josiah