ThirdFlow plugin development plugin 1.2.0 with new "Skeleton Plugin Kickstarter" and new "Automated Release Mechanism"

TheDiveO

Feb 17, 2018, 4:42:42 PM2/17/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

my ThirdFlow plugin is now at version 1.2.1 and that's new...

The plugin skeleton is now easer to use than before: simply copy the subdir with all its content, run "npm install" on it, then "npm run develop". When navigating to "localhost:8080" you'll be now greeted with the new "Plugin Kickstarter".

Releasing files is easier than before; there's no need to edit the release script anymore, but instead there's a new control panel thingie:

Simply check the plugins you want to release files for and specify their filenames. Optionally, you can also release a demo wiki from your development wiki. Simply check and set the filename.

To create the release files, run "npm run release"; files will be in "./editions/release/output/".

Happy plugin developing!
-- TheDiveO

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

TheDiveO

Feb 19, 2018, 3:25:42 PM2/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
There's now a walk-through video showing how to kickstart development of a new plugin.: https://youtu.be/BFE6PFZ_uWQ

Mohammad

Mar 30, 2019, 1:39:52 AM3/30/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi TheDiveO,

I start using this great app for plugins development and found it quite useful!
But as described in the documentation, when I use skeleton (kickstarter) I have to run the

npm install

and it will install a fresh Tiddlywiki version! This make the folder big in size!
I wish to know can I change the configuration to use my TW version installed with node.js and prevent
redundant installation of TW in each plugin project folder!

Note: For simplicity I use separate project folder for each plugin! and I do not want to have several plugins in the same folder.

--Mohammad