Sidebar Tab Order

David A. Gershman

Apr 4, 2018, 2:42:55 AM4/4/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

PMario

Apr 4, 2018, 4:23:42 AM4/4/18
to TiddlyWiki

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 8:42:55 AM UTC+2, David A. Gershman wrote:
I'm not a JS expert but have done a little research to attempt to create 2 new tabs: Notebooks and TableOfContents.  I've successfully created the two tabs and now want to re-order them in the side bar.

First, to add them to the sidebar, I've added the tag " $:/tags/SideBar" to both tiddlers.

Next, I want TableOfContents listed before the core "Open" tab, so I created a field:value of:

        list-before:  $:/core/ui/SideBar/Open

This works fine.

That's the right thing to do, without modifying existing shadow tiddlers, but it won't work if you add 2 or more new tabs.

So in your case you should add your own new tab directly to the $:/tags/SideBar  list field. It contains the order of the tabs.

have fun!
mario