edit the editTemplate?

Dave

Jun 13, 2019, 8:24:52 PM6/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I sometimes edit longish tiddlers on my phone and I wanted to be able to save changes at the end of my big text field instead of scrolling up to the top of the tiddler in edit view.

I thought I could edit the $:/tags/EditTemplate tiddler by changing this list field:

$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/controls $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/title $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/tags $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/shadow $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/classic $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/body $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/type $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/fields

to this:
$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/controls $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/title $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/tags $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/shadow $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/classic $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/body $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/type $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/fields $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/controls

I.e. add another instance of $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/controls at the end of the list

The problem is I click save, and the extra item disappears.

Is there another way to achieve what I'm after?

Thanks,
- Dave

Mark S.

Jun 13, 2019, 8:41:02 PM6/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
TW condenses redundant entries in an array list (which is what the title list is).

Perhaps you could clone the controls as ...controls2, and then put an entry for that at the end?

(Oh yeah, be sure to have backups first)

Dave

Jun 14, 2019, 10:47:42 AM6/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Mark, I'll try that :)