Reordering TOC's and other things.

Ste Wilson

May 11, 2016, 6:10:07 AM5/11/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
After asking about this sometime ago the solution was to include a 'list' field and then put the Tiddler names in the required order and all was well.
However, this now doesn't seem to do anything.  I have added new Tiddlers to the contents and want them to also be ordered but the stubbornly remain in alphabetical order.

I have the list field containing
 [[A Site Map]] [[Quick Reference]] Definitions Statics Kinematics [[Unit 5]] [[Unit 11]] [[Unit 15]] About

But the order of the TOC is not that.

Currently my TOC has the following code;

<
<list-links filter:"[TableOfContents[Table of Contents]]">>
<
<toc-selective-expandable 'TableOfContents'>>

<<list-links filter:"[tag[TableOfContents]]">>

Seems to yield the same result.

I'm sure it's an obvious and simple solution but....HELP!!!???

Stephen

BJ

May 11, 2016, 6:49:24 AM5/11/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Stephen,
you need to add the 'list' field to the tiddler TableOfContents (not 'Table Of Contents' as at present) as this is the tag you are using.

If you are re-ordering your toc a lot you might want to try the taglist plugin to re-order by drag and drop - its at http://bjtools.tiddlyspot.com

all the best BJ

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 11:10:07 AM UTC+1, Ste Wilson wrote:
After asking about this sometime ago the solution was to include a 'list' field and then put the Tiddler names in the required order and all was well.
However, this now doesn't seem to do anything.  I have added new Tiddlers to the contents and want them to also be ordered but the stubbornly remain in alphabetical order.

I have the list field containing
 [[A Site Map]] [[Quick Reference]] Definitions Statics Kinematics [[Unit 5]] [[Unit 11]] [[Unit 15]] About

But the order of the TOC is not that.

Ste Wilson

May 11, 2016, 6:55:27 AM5/11/16
to TiddlyWiki
Ah!  Of course.  Thanks for that and I'll have a look at that plugin!.