[TW5] I've written a plugin that pulls Pinboard bookmarks into tiddlers

Daniel Metcalfe

Oct 9, 2016, 6:02:03 AM10/9/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
All the instructions you need are on the GitHub repo.

If you need any help getting setup, just respond to this thread, I'm happy to assist. If you have any feedback, raise an issue on GitHub.

I hope this is of some use to other people who use both Pinboard and TiddlyWiki. If you do not have a Pinboard account, perhaps this is a good time to give it a go? It's a simple, no-nonsense service that stores bookmarks and provides an API.

Bookmarks from your Pinboard account...

...are included in tiddlers that share the same tags.

PJO

Oct 9, 2016, 6:49:17 AM10/9/16
to TiddlyWiki
This is brilliant. Thanks! -- and something I've always wanted.

Something else I've always wanted, and which I've never seen an off the shelf solution for (just in case anyone has one):

Something that would go through my DNS history, make a list of domain names and dates, and allow me to review them periodically and to tag some for a revisit at a future date or regular visits every x days/weeks/months/years). I've lost count of the number of times I've thought I should have bookmarked something or was asked about something I'd read about and ended up using Google to try to refind (I don't run my own DNS but would do if I had something that did more than just make lookups faster and a little more private).

A way of integrating these solutions would be nice

Bookmarked on: date/blank
Last visited: date