Not edit SVG tiddlers as text

p.ke...@everteam.com

Jun 27, 2018, 11:40:10 AM6/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,
I know that Tiddlywiki cant directly edit SVG tiddler like BMP images, but how to prevent Tiddlywiki to display the SVG code as text when editing ?
I have big SVG images, and adding fields or tags to these is painful as the text of the SVG file is displayed when editing ... and it's a quite long !
Thank you for any hits ...
(BTW great tool !)
Philippe

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 27, 2018, 12:13:21 PM6/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
erm ... because SVG IS text?

Would a solution be to see fields at the TOP not after a long scroll to the bottom? Not sure if its possible. It might be. Or a jump to "go to end?" using keys? That seems easy.

Jeremy Ruston

Jun 27, 2018, 12:21:09 PM6/27/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philippe

One quick solution might be to add a duplicate field editing section to the edit template immediately above the body:

1. Create a new tiddler called $:/TopEditFields
2. Add the tag: $:/tags/EditTemplate
3. Add the text: <$transclude tiddler="$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/fields" mode="block"/>
4. Add a “list-before” field with the value $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/body
5. Click the tick to finish editing the tiddler

Best wishes

Jeremy

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 27, 2018, 12:58:45 PM6/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy

IF ONLY this stupid list had tags so that I could mark that reply "#greatTips"

Josiah

Jeremy Ruston wrote:
One quick solution might be to add a duplicate field editing section to the edit template immediately above the body:
1. Create a new tiddler called $:/TopEditFields
2. Add the tag: $:/tags/EditTemplate
3. Add the text: <$transclude tiddler="$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/fields" mode="block"/>
4. Add a “list-before” field with the value $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/body
5. Click the tick to finish editing the tiddler

p.ke...@everteam.com

Jun 28, 2018, 11:31:04 AM6/28/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,
Thank you for this quick answser, I'll try :-)
I would have imagine something more simple ... not displaying the code of SVG when editing, but display only the image.
I do not know Tiddly internal code, perharps it's possible to add "if (content-type == 'svg')" somewhere ...
Philippe

Mark S.

Jun 28, 2018, 12:00:35 PM6/28/18
to TiddlyWiki
A feature missing from the SVG button suite is the tiddler height adjustment. But if you open a regular tiddler, you can set the height of the edit panel to something small (say 50 pixels) , and it will be applied to the SVG editor panel. Then you don't have to have the entire ginormous SVG contents displayed.

The feature I want is to be able to set tags without opening a tiddler.

-- Mark

Ton Gerner

Jun 28, 2018, 12:36:36 PM6/28/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mark,

The feature I want is to be able to set tags without opening a tiddler.

Click the right button (in a tiddler or in the sidebar) labeled 'Tagging in view mode'.

Cheers,

Ton

p.ke...@everteam.com

Jun 29, 2018, 3:15:26 AM6/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Ton,
Thank you for the post, very useful and interesting !
Great workaround for my SVG editing issue.
Philippe