[TW5-Node.js] How to Refresh Tiddler List

Captain Packers

Feb 15, 2017, 11:49:25 AM2/15/17
to TiddlyWiki
I love using Node.js with TiddlyWIki. I especially like the fact that I can run the same wiki on several devices and save the tiddlers to a google drive folder that I can then use Google Drive sync to sync my desktop to Google Drive and various android folder sync apps to keep those devices in sync.(At some point I'd like to look into using rsync with Termux to do the file syncing, but I'm not there yet.)

One thing I've noticed is that a tiddler created on one device may not look like it is available on another, even if the tiddler file is present.

I've found that if I restart my nodejs tiddlywiki server that it apparently performs some sort of a file list refresh or rebuild of my tiddlers and then the new tiddler is available for viewing and editing.

What I'm wondering is if there is any other way to refresh the local TiddlyWiki or force it to reread the tiddler folder so that new .tid files are added to its cache or file list that it builds, or is restarting the server the best way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise.