How to upload / import my local wiki to tiddlyspot?

Surya

Jan 20, 2018, 4:44:59 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I lose hope....

I made an account on tiddlyspot over http://tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.com/. I think, it was successful- my address there: http://surya-diy.tiddlyspot.com

I read the FAQ on tiddlyspot.com, also the "Can I upload an existing TiddlyWiki to a tiddlyspot.com site?".

But I cannot manage it...
I work on Pale Moon Browser.

I allowed all scripts on the side (NoScript-Addon) and disabled AdBlock Latitude (Addon).

Could you give me a detailed How-To?
I want to have the uploaded local wiki to be public on tiddlyspot.com, not anymore being local.

Thanks for all, Surya

Birthe C

Jan 20, 2018, 4:59:33 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Surya,

Hi Following your link I see a TWclassic on tiddlyspot.com.
I have never had any succes uploading to tiddlyspot without using Chrome or Chromium.

Birthe

Birthe C

Jan 20, 2018, 5:52:59 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Surya,
And where are your local file you want to upload. I think you need to have it in your download  folder.

Birthe

Surya

Jan 20, 2018, 6:14:58 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Birthe,

I installed Chromium- only for this purpose....

Opened my site on tiddlyspot, klicked on backstage > import.

Clicked on "Choose file" and choosed my local wiki (in my download folder).

And clicked on "Open".

>>>I got the message "Error retrieving tiddlers from url, please ensure this url exists and is CORS enabled".

I don't kno what this CORS is. Clicking on it, I come to a strange website...

Birthe C

Jan 20, 2018, 6:22:50 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Surya,

Open your file in Chromium browser....open it from the download folder that is. In you TW5 go to controlpanel saving. First clear both name and password.....I do not know why but is tries to save locally otherwise. Than you add the name again and the password...and you should get the message..beginning to save......when the messages saved comes, you are ready to go to your new tiddlyspot. But you will see the old classic TW until you have refreshed your browser.

Hope finally to see,what you have been working on ;-)
Birthe

NB! please forget what you read on tiddlyspot, that is for tiddlywiki classic.

Birthe C

Jan 20, 2018, 6:25:58 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
AND also...I have often experienced it saving locally a couple of times, before I finally have success.

Birthe

Surya

Jan 20, 2018, 7:01:11 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki

In you TW5 go to controlpanel saving. First clear both name and password.

In my wiki, that I want to upload?
I have there under "Save to TiddlySpot"
Name des Wikis
Passwort
"Backups"

Erweiterte Einstellungen

Server-URL
Dateiname für den "Upload"
Verzeichnis für den "Upload"
Verzeichnis für das "Backup"
 And under "Download Saver"
 Erlaube automatisches Speichern für den "Download Saver"

And under "general"

Birthe C

Jan 20, 2018, 7:07:43 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Surya,
The name of you wiki, you told us. surya-diy
The password is the one you used when you created your tiddlyspot.

Your must have your TW5 on tiddlyspot, the browser refresh. wiki name and password entered and save before you change anything...to not get more problems.

Birthe

Surya

Jan 20, 2018, 7:34:59 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
*Grrrrgrmpfgrmpfarrrrggghhhh*

Hi Birthe,

surya-diy is only a part of the address on tiddlyspot. I don't have any wiki on tiddlyspot. I want to upload one.

I feel like having a plank in front of my head.... (in german we say like this).

.....???...

Ste Wilson

Jan 20, 2018, 7:57:15 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
You go to tiddlyspot.
You sign up.
Your tittlyspot now exists.
Eg myelehpant.tiddlyspot.com

In the control panel/saving /tiddlyspot saver Wiki name would be myelephant and your password is the one you just made on tiddly spot.

Next hit the tick in the circle on the sidebar to save. Wait for the 'wiki saved' message. Point your browser to your to your tiddlyspot address and got refresh on your browser. Job done.

Birthe C

Jan 20, 2018, 7:59:00 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Suria,

You created a tiddlywiki on tiddlyspot, http://surya-diy.tiddlyspot.com. You did not follow the instructions on http://tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.com as you wrote - only part of the way. Using all tree steps  there you would have created your tiddlyspot and uploaded a copy of http://tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.ccom. Not that it really makes any difference. You would have had a TW5 - now you have a TWclassic, just as if  you had used http://tiddlyspot.com directly to create your new spot.

Now you have created a tiddlyspot for you to use....you can upload your local wiki to that using that wiki name...and the password you used when creating it.

Birthe

Surya

Jan 20, 2018, 8:30:31 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

You did not follow the instructions on http://tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.com as you wrote - only part of the way. Using all tree steps  there you would have created your tiddlyspot and uploaded a copy of http://tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.ccom.

>>>That was the problem... In the first three steps creating my tiddlyspot I made any mistakes. I really don't know what kind of mistakes. Well I deleted the site now and created again. Now it is TW5 :-)

But still / again I don't understand how to import a whole wiki.
So I made it like in my local wikis- just imported my tiddlers, macros, plugins and so on.

Saving also working.

:-)

So, thank you both :-)
The side isn't finished, it will take some work at least over some weeks.
My main work is of course my main local wiki.

But I am happy- now I have my own website :-)))
Surya

Birthe C

Jan 20, 2018, 8:40:52 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Surya,

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, es sieht gut aus und deine Seite wächst schnell ich sehe.

You could upload your TW5 with the content you wanted on tiddlyspot. Or you can export tiddlers as json from your content wiki and import that. Find the import button in the sidebar tools.

Birthe

Surya

Jan 20, 2018, 9:12:40 PM1/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hallo Birthe,

Du sprichst Deutsch?? :-)

You could upload your TW5 with the content you wanted on tiddlyspot. Or you can export tiddlers as json from your content wiki and import that. Find the import button in the sidebar tools.

Yes, I did it like that- both.

The help files I will include into my local wikis with your mini-browser :-) In a few days.... ;-)

Good night to you & all :-)

Diego Mesa

Feb 4, 2018, 8:25:22 PM2/4/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey all,

Sorry but Im still not able to follow along wih either  http://tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.com/.

or with Ste Wilson. None of those worked for me Im still getting the CORS error from chrome.

Attached is the .html file Im trying to upload to anwiki.tiddlyspot.com. I have put in the password on my wiki and clicked save, but that password wont save.
anwiki (1).html

Birthe C

Feb 5, 2018, 4:20:48 AM2/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Diego,
Why http://tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.com? I do not understand. You have a tiddlyspot and you want to upload a file to that one. Put the file you want to upload in your download folder. Open it in the browser. Adding password did not work for me either, I have to delete the wikiname first...then ad wikiname and passwords, then it uploads.

Hope for success,
Birthe

Daniel Danilenko

May 2, 2019, 11:24:07 AM5/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
I ran into the same problem, but fixed it.
I use Chrome on Linux and Mac and my (new and empty) TW5 just refused to save to TiddlySpot, downloading instead.

The fix: I've installed TiddlyDesktop and launched my TW5 file in it (just once). Filled out the form at Control Panel \ Saving \ TiddlySpot Saver and saved my wiki (just once). It have uploaded!

From there on saving that uploaded TW worked fine from anywhere