vis.js Timeline - display filter result in caption

Pin Tail

Jan 27, 2018, 11:14:25 AM1/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
I'm using the wonderful vis.js Timeline plugin to display tiddler info on an interactive calendar.

One thing I'd like to be able to do with this is display the result of a filter as a caption on the timeline. For example, the following gives the number of tiddlers with the test tag created in October 2017:

<$count filter="[tag[test]regexp:created[^201710]]">

I've put this into the caption field of a tiddler which appears on the calendar widget. However, rather than evaluating the filter, the code is displayed directly. Is there any way that instead the output of the filter could be used as the caption on the timeline?

BurningTreeC

Jan 27, 2018, 11:17:01 AM1/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello @Pin Tail,

how does this work for you?

{{{ [tag[test]regexp:created[^201710]count[]] }}}

BurningTreeC

Pin Tail

Jan 27, 2018, 11:20:33 AM1/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for the speedy reply. Unfortunately the same result though - the code below is displayed in the caption.