Bold in a li?

David Gifford

Nov 23, 2019, 10:31:15 AM11/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry, this is a CSS question, but TiddlyWiki may or may not be affecting this.

I have my ul li li in gray text, which works:

html body.tc-body ul li li {color:#999;}

but for bold I would like it to be black. And this does not work:

html body.tc-body ul li li b {color:#000;}

What am I doing wrong?

TiddlyTweeter

Nov 23, 2019, 11:00:52 AM11/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
erm

html body.tc-body ul li li b {color:#000;}

Do you actually use <b> ... </b> in the code? That should work.

What I mean is it a PAIR in the code?

A thought
TT

PMario

Nov 23, 2019, 11:10:30 AM11/23/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

TW creates a <strong>your wikitext text</strong> for ''your wikitext text''. .

So a ul li li strong should work.

-m

David Gifford

Nov 23, 2019, 11:26:18 AM11/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
At TiddlyTweeter, I am bolding text with '' and ''

At PMario, Ah, that was the problem, that worked perfectly! Thank you!

PMario

Nov 23, 2019, 11:26:46 AM11/23/19
to TiddlyWiki

PMario

Nov 23, 2019, 11:27:51 AM11/23/19
to TiddlyWiki

TiddlyTweeter

Nov 23, 2019, 12:29:31 PM11/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mario

Do we have a TW WikiText to HTML correspondence table somewhere?

Josiah

PMario

Nov 24, 2019, 5:11:34 AM11/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
On Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 6:29:31 PM UTC+1, TiddlyTweeter wrote:
Do we have a TW WikiText to HTML correspondence table somewhere?

Hi Josiah,

No I don't think so. There is the wikitext  - https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#WikiText overview. The detailed descriptions of some elements contain info about the generated html output.

The internals plugin, which is part of tw-prerelease version allows us to see the html elements, that are created. In tiddler edit mode, the preview mode can be set to "raw HTML"

-m

TonyM

Nov 24, 2019, 6:50:18 AM11/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Josiah

It would be nice but also remember that almost everything is visible in tiddlywiki. You can find the code that does this wiki text to html parsing and read it for your self, and if course the developer tools inspect can also throw light on this as well.

The above is how I uncovered that ; and : are the dl dt and dd html tags.

Regards
Tony

Sycom

Nov 24, 2019, 6:51:28 AM11/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

As I'm working on a static pages variant what I can say about wikitext html interpretation is that it is one of the most semantically "right" I've seen. It's a pleasure to work with it.

I think this equivalence table would be a good piece for devs doc. It does not exist in official docs because modern browsers make it easy and painless to have the answer. So none of us had taken time to make it happen... But maybe someone has it in a private or not well known wiki...

Cheers

Sylvain
@sycom

TonyM

Nov 24, 2019, 11:34:28 PM11/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Sycom,

Since this data is already encoded in tiddlywiki, see my last post. I think a plugin that not only provides this reference but provides links into its definitions and self documentation would be better even than a special edition.

However Can I say all html except that demanding javascript such as onclick actions etc is valid within tiddlywiki (With few exceptions like some anchoring)  so at any time you wish you can leverage pure html throughout your tiddlers. I tend to stick to wiki text when storing information but I let myself depart from pure wikitext when I am designing a tiddler. The functional equivalent of HTML that demands javascript is usually provided through widgets and macros. Any piece of HTML that is not already wigitised and offers a function not already available is a good candidate first as a plugin and subsequently possibly included in the standard distribution. Please raise such items here for help and if there is no way I would recommend raising an issue in the github issues.

Regards
Tony