[TW5] Minor import tweaks, and link font

jarcoug...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017, 9:06:46 PM3/8/17
to TiddlyWiki
Final topic for the day, really just a newbie thing, any veteran should be able to set me straight.

 1). How do I force external links to always, always open in new tab? Or at least highlight them different from wiki/internal links. I'm using these as citations, that are useless offline.

2) I also would like to edit the import dialog tiddler such that a tag there is applied to all imports. What does that code look like? Plus if I drag and drop highlighted text it should create a new   entry into the import tiddler each time, right now it automatically overwrites to a new import tiddler.

PMario

Mar 9, 2017, 6:09:30 AM3/9/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 3:06:46 AM UTC+1, jarcoug...@gmail.com wrote:
 1). How do I force external links to always, always open in new tab? Or at least highlight them different from wiki/internal links. I'm using these as citations, that are useless offline.

External links should open a new tab. .. So can you show us a link, that doesn't?
also see: http://tiddlywiki.com/#Linking%20in%20WikiText

2) I also would like to edit the import dialog tiddler such that a tag there is applied to all imports. What does that code look like? Plus if I drag and drop highlighted text it should create a new   entry into the import tiddler each time, right now it automatically overwrites to a new import tiddler.

Interesting concept. ... but there are no configuration options for the import tiddler at the moment.

have fun!
mario

Jeremy Ruston

Mar 9, 2017, 6:18:48 AM3/9/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

How do I force external links to always, always open in new tab? Or at least highlight them different from wiki/internal links

You cannot force all external links to always open in a new tab; whether a link opens in a new tab is a property of the link itself. Having said that, the external links generated by TiddlyWiki by default do open in a new tab. Are you encountering external links that are not opening in a new tab?

You can style external links to look different to internal links using a stylesheet. For example, to give external links a bright yellow background, create a new tiddler with the tag $:/tags/Stylesheet and the content:

html body a.tc-tiddlylink-external {
background: yellow;
}

Best wishes

Jeremy.

PMario

Mar 9, 2017, 6:22:05 AM3/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 3:06:46 AM UTC+1, jarcoug...@gmail.com wrote:
2) I also would like to edit the import dialog tiddler such that a tag there is applied to all imports. What does that code look like?

The drag / drop import tiddler area isn't designed, to be used that way.

Plus if I drag and drop highlighted text it should create a new   entry into the import tiddler each time, right now it automatically overwrites to a new import tiddler.

The import tiddler is a temporary tiddler, that could be seen as a "staging area" for new tiddlers. At the time, they are listed there, they don't really exist. So there is no UI for eg: tagging, but there could be one.

... What you describe, is an interesting workflow. So we'll have to see.

-mario

jarcoug...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2017, 12:36:39 AM3/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
 Thanks, I forgot about css magic.It's funny, I'm using TW to smooth my workflow, but TW is taking me so far out of my comfort zone as to be work in its own right. Still in for the long haul, though.

Hmm it seems the link thing has fixed itself. Carry on, lads.

jarcoug...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2017, 12:38:36 AM3/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
How would this work? are there system  tiddlers that govern virtual tiddler layouts? Is it more css magic+ some java? I am saving some small image galleries, and I want to tag all pics in one gallery/slideshow in one import.

 I also suffer similar tagging problems in advanced search, as sometimes I wanna export tiddlers with a certain tag, but only *certain* tiddlers, say, 4 out of a dozen, not all of them. I love the 'search and replace tags' plugin, it seems that tags and checkboxes go very well wherever they meet (though, perversely, that plugin needs a 'select all' check box. At least it gives me confidence in the potential) .

As for the drag n drop, in case you are interested, I got the idea from the current version of PotPlayer, which has two 'drop' zones-an 'add to playlist' strip and a 'play now' box. It's decadent; I don't know how I lived without it before.

Jed Carty

Mar 16, 2017, 6:26:49 AM3/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Which search and replace tags plugin? I plan of making a set of small plugins that contain tools for tiddler manipulation so I am interested in what people like and what people think works well.

jarcoug...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2017, 8:46:04 AM4/5/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 1:26:49 PM UTC+3, Jed Carty wrote:
Which search and replace tags plugin? I plan of making a set of small plugins that contain tools for tiddler manipulation so I am interested in what people like and what people think works well.

 One of the more prolific tiddly coders, Alberto Molina, made that tool.Look for 'renametag' at http://tw5magick.tiddlyspot.com/. I've been using TiddlyWIki for months, I have certain challenges with it, and I'm more of a monkey-wrench than a code-monkey.I also came by TW after trying LOTS of notes managers (i still have Keynote NF as a crutch). I dunno how 'involved' my recommendations may be but maybe they'll give you ideas of your own!

Douglas Counts

Apr 14, 2017, 8:15:32 PM4/14/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 7:46:04 AM UTC-5, jarcoug...@gmail.com wrote:
I also came by TW after trying LOTS of notes managers (i still have Keynote NF as a crutch).

Wow, I worked with Marik (the original developer) for many years on that project and the Oubliette App also.  Unfortunately, both projects had too much of a dependency on Microsofts's RichEdit DLL Libraries and too many third party components.  I even wrote miniature versions of both that ran on PDA's, that was before smartphones of course.  I even spent a lot of time writing specific RTF parsers to do things like insert tables and links into the document.  I even wrote a lot of Libraries to convert KeyNote/Oubliette objects from/to Microsoft's.NET objects because Delphi (the language used to compile KeyNote) used color and other primitive data types in an entirely very different manner.

I was sad to see the project die, but in 2003, I had to sign a work agreement with a Fortune 100 company (that was also a US Military Supplier) to not do any encryption work with anyone outside the USA and both projects used Blowfish and IDEA ciphers. Both were publicly published ciphers, but that didn't matter to my employer. Marek resided in Eastern Europe. Other than myself, Marek didn't really have much other help because back then compilers were neither free or inexpensive. There was no GitHub and SourceForge was relatively new and the project was not hosted there at the time.  Development progressed via ZIP compressed email attachments. LOL

I used to communicate with Marek via email several times a week but I haven't communicated with him in more than a decade now.

I miss those times....

-Doug