[TW5] How to get rid of "Drop here (or use the 'Escape' key to cancel)" green ribbon?

Linus Johnsson

Sep 17, 2015, 2:20:37 AM9/17/15
to TiddlyWiki
Dear all,

This may seem a trivial matter, but I find it annoying nonetheless. I've never been able to actually get rid of that green ribbon after accidentally dragging text around. Pressing "Escape" does not help. I'm using Firefox. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,
Linus

Evan Balster

Sep 17, 2015, 2:33:51 AM9/17/15
to TiddlyWiki
It's horribly annoying.  With the latest versions, you can click and drag on a link to any tiddler and the green ribbon will disappear because the dragged item is non-importable.

Linus Johnsson

Sep 17, 2015, 5:09:58 AM9/17/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
That does the trick! Thank you!

Linus

Jeremy Ruston

Sep 19, 2015, 12:44:12 PM9/19/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Linus

This may seem a trivial matter, but I find it annoying nonetheless. I've never been able to actually get rid of that green ribbon after accidentally dragging text around. Pressing "Escape" does not help. I'm using Firefox. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

As far as I can tell, it's a bug with Firefox; it doesn't happen with other browsers. I agree that it's pretty irritating, and I'd welcome a fix.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Best regards,
Linus

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

BJ

Sep 20, 2015, 1:06:24 AM9/20/15
to TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com

Tobias Beer

Sep 20, 2015, 3:39:40 AM9/20/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
Haven't looked at how the green drop-bar is actually triggered, but to fix the fox, this might do:

body:-moz-drag-over .tc-green-dropzone-info-thingy{
    display
:block;
}

- tb