Newbie Questions: Fonts & Shortcuts

selfire

May 5, 2020, 12:19:35 PM5/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hey, as a newbie and non-coder I just recently started trying to figure out the mechanics and options to customise Tiddly Wiki.

Two specific questions:
  • How do I change the fonts? I changed the FontFamily in $:/ControlPanel. Is there more to it than that or is it just my parsing that doesn't make the change apply?
  • How do I create shortcuts? I have followed the steps listed here, yet when I press the combination nothing happens. My aim is to create a quick shortcut for "[[" since I use internal linking a fair bit but the shift-alt-L combination doesn't trigger autocomplete in TiddlyBlink.

Thank you for your help in advance, I apologise if these questions are very silly ones.

Rohrreiniger

May 5, 2020, 12:32:52 PM5/5/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Would be great to know what even this all means:

-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol"

Sylvain Naudin

May 5, 2020, 4:25:41 PM5/5/20
to TiddlyWiki

Le mardi 5 mai 2020 18:32:52 UTC+2, Rohrreiniger a écrit :
Would be great to know what even this all means:

-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol"

Hi Rohrreiniger,

This is a common list of family font in differents operating system. You can adapt to your usage.

Sylvain Naudin

May 5, 2020, 4:35:20 PM5/5/20
to TiddlyWiki

Le mardi 5 mai 2020 18:19:35 UTC+2, selfire a écrit :
  • How do I change the fonts? I changed the FontFamily in $:/ControlPanel. Is there more to it than that or is it just my parsing that doesn't make the change apply?

Hi Selfire,

If you change family here, it use your local font of your operating system.

With TW 5.1.22, the support of woff2 web font is a cool feature. Look at Mohammad howto and ask us if you need more advice.

Sylvain

selfire

May 5, 2020, 4:40:12 PM5/5/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sylvain,

would you mind sharing some more details on how adapting the fonts would work? I have tried just adding in, for example, Futura into the "Segoe UI" slot but couldn't see any changes. Do the different font family correspond to different elements, like headings or body text?

Edit: Thanks for your quick response, I will try these links.