Tiddler Commander Plugin: New update 0.0.15

Mohammad

Mar 24, 2019, 2:22:44 AM3/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Announcement: Commander new update
Date: Mar 24th, 2019

Commander 0.0.15

  • New: Difftetx cleanup setting added. Now it is possible to select among none, semantic and efficient optional post-processing should be applied to the diffs processing.
  • Added: Help on shadow tiddlers processing
  • Fixed: Minor issues fixed

Footenote

Original posts

Best
Mohammad

PS:
If you like Commander star it at: https://github.com/kookma/TW-Commander

What is Commander?

Tiddler Commander, in short Commander is a unique tool for batch operations on tiddlers. Commander has the below features

  • Bulk tiddler creation/deletion
  • Tag operation: add, remove, replace
  • Field operation: add, remove, set field value
  • SNR, search and replace in all fields including text, tags, title, and common fields
  • Inspect, to review and inspect tiddlers in one place, scroll among them and edit all fields (including common fields), tags, text (title is an exception!)
  • log, create logs of all operations
  • Search, save and load any combination of filter search

Note: Commander will not work on shadow tiddlers, unless they are overriden! Because shadow tiddlers aren’t stored as real tiddlers. They are intentionally excluded from most operations by default so that they don’t clutter filters made by users unless explicitly required.

Mohammad

Mar 24, 2019, 2:28:29 AM3/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Good to know:
Tiddler Commander is
  • 890 line code
  • 103kB
  • pure wikitext (written in TW script) + One JS macro (JavaScript replace)

--Mohammad

TonyM

Mar 24, 2019, 3:02:08 AM3/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mega functions for kilobytes.

Great work and thanks so much for your effort.

Tony

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 24, 2019, 11:07:05 AM3/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad

One question ...
  • I was looking for the "$:/Commander-Tiddlers" that used to be in the sidebar? Is it in the plugin? I think its very useful to have because it makes working with modules much easier.
Great work!

Best wishes
Josiah

Mohammad

Mar 24, 2019, 11:44:59 AM3/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah
 In the final revision (plugin) it has been removed!

--Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 25, 2019, 4:35:21 AM3/25/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Mohammad

Thanks for letting me know!
I'll copy the old one.

Best
Josiah

Mohammad wrote:
 In the final revision (plugin) it has been removed!

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 25, 2019, 4:41:56 AM3/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammed

I was wondering if/how I could change Content Type in Commander?

Best wishes
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 25, 2019, 5:06:16 AM3/25/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Mohammad wrote:
Note: Commander will not work on shadow tiddlers, unless they are overriden! Because shadow tiddlers aren’t stored as real tiddlers. They are intentionally excluded from most operations by default so that they don’t clutter filters made by users unless explicitly required.
Ciao Mohammad

Right. One thing I'd like to do is in SNR is compare a Tiddler that has overwritten a shadow not with diffs to itself but differences from its shadow. There is a diff view for that in the editor. I'm wondering how difficult it would be to integrate that in SNR?

It could be very useful I think.

Just a thought
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 25, 2019, 5:22:24 AM3/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad

A suggestion ... in SNR that the [Replace all?] has a warning (like bulk delete does) before final changes are committed.

Best wishes
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 25, 2019, 12:23:51 PM3/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad

One thing I do not understand in Commander is why you chose that saved filters are tagged $:/tags/Commander/Filter rather than going for the existing and well functioning $:/tags/Filter.

I can't see the advantage.

Can you you tell me the advantage because I can't see it!

And it causes problems with important plugins like PMario's Bundler which rely on the standard system to work. It makes them difficult to integrate into Commander.

Best wishes
Josiah

Diego Mesa

Mar 25, 2019, 1:22:37 PM3/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Mohammad,

I don't know why you have to click to actually perform the search for a filter. All other "searches" in TW are "as you type"

Mohammad

Mar 25, 2019, 1:43:31 PM3/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Diego,
 The search and select are two steps! So, while the main search box acts search as you type, to pass it to
selective component! It is possible to remove the selective component, but based on previous discussion
this is a better method!

I understand getting used to it takes time! By the way I welcome any other solution!

Best
Mohammad

Mohammad

Mar 25, 2019, 1:51:26 PM3/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,
 The reason was to not share those filter with  advanced search, but I will have a look and I will also check the PMario bundler!
By the way I agree to be able to integrate these!

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Mar 25, 2019, 1:52:19 PM3/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,
 I will add it! Hopefully in the next release!

--Mohammad

PMario

Mar 26, 2019, 7:36:46 AM3/26/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi folks!

First of all @Mohammad: I wasn't aware, that all of this can be done with TW macros. GREAT WORK! ...

I've found 2 things that caught my attention immediately. see: 2 Styleshees.

It seems the plugin modifies cm-xxx classes. Where cm- prefix is already used for CodeMirror plugins.

IMO you shouldn't do this. What if a user doesn't use CodeMirror? ...

It also seems, that the plugin modifies the "tab-button" settings.
 - Why?
 - As soon as someone includes the plugin, they do have 2 different tab styles?
 - What's the difference?
     - Styling only, or is there a difference in function?
 - What if users use a different "theme" than the plugin expects?
 - IMO the CSS !important flag is toxic see link:[1]. So I personally try to avoid it at all cost!

------------------------

About CSS prefixes: TW uses tc-, tv-, tm- and th-   prefixes for different things.

tc- ... tw class
tv- ... tw variable
tm- ... tw message
th- ... tw hook

If I need similar classes like tc-xxx I use wltc-  prefix. for WikiLabs tw class. ... This mechanism allows me to have short class prefixes and they don't clash with existing classes tc- classes. Same with wltm-, wlth- ... I think you get it.

So if you need new class definitions you could add your own 2 chars in front of tc-. So everyone that sees them knows: OK that's a class from a plugin.

Just some thoughts.

------------------------

have fun!
mario

PMario

Mar 26, 2019, 7:45:40 AM3/26/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

Josiah pointed (PM) me to this post.

On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 5:23:51 PM UTC+1, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:
One thing I do not understand in Commander is why you chose that saved filters are tagged $:/tags/Commander/Filter rather than going for the existing and well functioning $:/tags/Filter.

I think it's a valid desire for a plugin author to keep the stuff separated at the moment. ... I think the Version number is 0.0.xx which is ALPHA ...

So nothing is carved in stone. Everything is topic to be changed. ... Please keep this in mind ;)

I can't see the advantage.

Can you you tell me the advantage because I can't see it!

IMO it's just caution. He doesn't want to mess things up atm. ...

And it causes problems with important plugins like PMario's Bundler which rely on the standard system to work. It makes them difficult to integrate into Commander.

IMO that's a good point and the reason why I respond here too.

With Bundler I wanted to reuse as many core functions as possible. I try to avoid code duplication. ...

-mario

PMario

Mar 26, 2019, 8:00:02 AM3/26/19
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 6:51:26 PM UTC+1, Mohammad wrote:
Hi Josiah,
 The reason was to not share those filter with  advanced search, but I will have a look and I will also check the PMario bundler!
By the way I agree to be able to integrate these!

Be careful, if you duplicate Bundler stuff partially. ... Bundler is V 0.1.1 which is BETA. I'm still not happy with the comment handling. .. Since there are only workarounds atm.

So the .bundle-format and the plugin are also in flux. ...

BUT I'd be willing to implement a filter operator that can deal with comments. ... At the moment we use the enlist[] operator from the core for "unfiltered bundles".
OR we can talk about "standards", so our plugins can work together.

-mario

Just to links to bundler threads 1, 2

Mohammad

Mar 26, 2019, 8:35:28 AM3/26/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mario,
 many thanks for your comments! the cm- I used, is shorthand for Commander! I absolutely change them
to a safer prefix!

Yes, macros are really powerful tools in Tiddlywiki.

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Mar 31, 2019, 6:59:47 AM3/31/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mario,

A new release of Tiddler commander is ready to upload and now:

 - All css prefixes changed to cmd- so there is no confusion with TW standard css prefixes (Note: there was no overwrite)
 - The default tab button style has not been changed! but the a customized css for the tab button in Commander UI has been developed! So, there is no worry if user apply different themes
- Tiddler Commander is not mobile friendly but I asked Jd to help with that!

regarding the !important, it seems the Tiddlywiki itself uses !important flag, as I could not change the $edit-text width using a simple css
but, you are totally right and I am not sure if I can find any other solution and I would appreciate if you can suggest other solution.

Best
Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 1, 2019, 7:05:20 AM4/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad

I have a simple REQUEST. That in SNR that Match and Replace Input boxes are set at 100% width.

This illustrates the current issue on longer regular expressions ...

Annotation 2019-04-01 125127.jpg

The actual expression is this ...

Annotation 2019-04-01 130239.jpg

These longer Regex sometimes need space :-)

Many thanks for all your work!

Best wishes
Josiah

Mohammad

Apr 1, 2019, 9:04:36 AM4/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,
 It is already 100%, but there is a max-width.

see: $:/plugins/kookma/commander/stylesheet/snr/form
.cmd-snr-textbox {

width:100%;

box-sizing: border-box;

max-width:40ch;

}

and remove the last line (mx-width:40ch;)

--Mohammad