how can i return the "parent" tag of a Tiddler

Tony K

May 3, 2020, 5:31:18 PM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
I need to return the Tag of the tag of the current tiddler

e.g. if a Tiddler is tagger "Document" and "Document" is tagged "Type", I want to know that this tiddler has already a "Type" assigned to it

can't figure out the filter for that

thanks for any insights

Jed Carty

May 3, 2020, 5:40:40 PM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
I am not sure I understand the question correctly, but it sounds like you want something to do with the tagging or tags operator. https://tiddlywiki.com/#tagging%20Operator https://tiddlywiki.com/#tags%20Operator

something like '[is[current]tags[]tagging[]]' or maybe '[is[current]tags[]tags[]]'

TonyM

May 3, 2020, 11:59:03 PM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony K

As Jed Voiced. Your question is not clear enough, what is a type and what are its values? You need to provide more details.

If the document tiddler is tagged with more than one tiddler you need a way to know which of these tiddlers is what you have nominated as the parent.
  • It is more complicated than what you want now but Bimlas has the kin filter (search on Tiddlywiki.com) which can do this
  • The ToCP macro allows only one parent for every tiddler (stored in a field), and this allows to climb a tree to one root tiddler.
  • Nested lists can be used to achieve what I am guessing is your requirements, a sophisticated filter may also.
Regards
Tony

Regards
Tony

Tony K

May 4, 2020, 1:37:46 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Jed - Tony M

sorry I provided an example and thought it was clear ..... here i go again

in my workflow every tiddler needs to have a "Type"... so what is did is

1. Created the different "types" of tiddlers (These are all tags)
  • Document
  • Code
  • Note
  • etc...
2. each of of these Tags is itself tagged by "Type"

visually it will be like
  • Type (This is a tag)
    • Document (This is a tag)
      • Tiddler1
    • Note (This is a tag)
      • Tiddler 2
    • Code (This is a tag)
      • Tiddler 3
what I want is get a list of tiddlers that have no "Type" i.e. not tagged with any of "Document" - "note" - "Code" etc.... and I want to do it dynamically for when I add another "Type"

hope i was able to explain my messy mind lol and thanks for the help

Tony K

May 4, 2020, 1:57:55 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
This was solved by