10 Years of TiddlyWiki Development in 7 Minutes

PMario

Aug 2, 2021, 2:32:16 PM8/2/21
to TiddlyWiki

Jeremy Ruston

Aug 2, 2021, 2:48:03 PM8/2/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Bravo Mario, that's absolutely brilliant, thank you for sharing.

Best wishes

Jeremy

pmar...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2021, 2:51:20 PM8/2/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,
Thanks. It was fun to make it and I'm happy to find a music that fits perfectly well in mood and length ;)
-m

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/F29995FE-41BD-4252-A6B2-1722D4DA6656%40gmail.com.

Ste

Aug 2, 2021, 3:55:29 PM8/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
I have no real idea what I've just watched, small screen viewing probably didn't help, but it looked impressive!
So was that a visualisation of git commits Mario?

It all looks like an awful lot of work so thanks Jeremy and everyone!

strikke...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2021, 4:13:45 PM8/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
Absolutely beautiful. Looking like an awful lot of work - constantly more and  really all over the place. At the same time it is fitting for a celebration - kind of look like firework.
Love it.
Now we all know, why we love tiddlywiki so much.

Thanks to Jeremy and all developers.

TW Tones

Aug 2, 2021, 7:16:09 PM8/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
Mario,

Truly amazing, If I could only understand it more.

If I am not wrong this could be the data for a PHD in open source project evolution.

Regards
Tones

PMario

Aug 2, 2021, 7:25:31 PM8/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, August 2, 2021 at 9:55:29 PM UTC+2 Ste wrote:
I have no real idea what I've just watched, small screen viewing probably didn't help, but it looked impressive!
So was that a visualisation of git commits Mario?

Yes. ... The green "flashes" are adding content. The red ones are deleting content.

It all looks like an awful lot of work so thanks Jeremy and everyone!

It also shows, how many different contributors have been involved over the time.

-mario

PMario

Aug 2, 2021, 7:26:50 PM8/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, August 2, 2021 at 10:13:45 PM UTC+2 strikke...@gmail.com wrote:
Absolutely beautiful. Looking like an awful lot of work - constantly more and  really all over the place. At the same time it is fitting for a celebration - kind of look like firework.

Yea, I also thought so. Especially the "end scene" looks like a firework.

Love it.
Now we all know, why we love tiddlywiki so much.

Thanks to Jeremy and all developers.

+1

-m

Mohammad Rahmani

Aug 3, 2021, 12:10:52 AM8/3/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Mario,
 This is amazing!

One question: How did you make this? Can we use this with Tiddlywiki:
root tags: create main branches
sub tags: create sub branches
Title: create nodes

Best wishes
Mohammad

PMario

Aug 3, 2021, 4:45:58 AM8/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 6:10:52 AM UTC+2 Mohammad wrote:
Mario,
 This is amazing!

One question: How did you make this?

I did use the software from https://gource.io/ which I did install using https://chocolatey.org/.

I did record the whole thing using OBS Studio https://obsproject.com/ and playing the mp3 music, while the animation is running. If youtube adds the music later, the video quality gets worse.

Can we use this with Tiddlywiki:

Sorry, no. Gource loads the history from the git repo and creates the animations.

-mario

Charlie Veniot

Aug 3, 2021, 8:18:18 AM8/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
That is a breathtakingly fantastic creation.

It is like watching a time-lapse chapter from the TiddlyWiki book of Genesis.

I love how it makes TiddlyWiki look like a living critter. (enter Gene Wilder screaming it's alive!)

jwd

Aug 24, 2021, 10:36:23 PM8/24/21
to TiddlyWiki
If you are interested in other visualizations like this and related software code analysis you might find the book Your Code as a Crime Scene - available from various book sellers - usefully thought provoking.  If books aren't your bag you can also watch a TEDx talk by the author.

PMario

Aug 25, 2021, 9:50:26 AM8/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 4:36:23 AM UTC+2 jwd wrote:
If you are interested in other visualizations like this and related software code analysis you might find the book Your Code as a Crime Scene - available from various book sellers - usefully thought provoking.  If books aren't your bag you can also watch a TEDx talk by the author.

Thanks for the link.
Did have a look at the TEDx talk. Very interesting.

Did you read the book?
Is there some software, that created the "heat maps"? ... It would be nice to see those maps for our project.
-mario

jwd

Aug 25, 2021, 8:38:38 PM8/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
I've not (yet) watched the TEDx talk. I read the book years ago and it continues to make an impression on me.

I believe https://github.com/adamtornhill/code-maat is the corresponding code repo. The README there talks about various visualization options.

jwd

Aug 28, 2021, 5:19:34 PM8/28/21
to TiddlyWiki
And here is another github repo visualization tool / article  - although I have to say I do not find running it on TiddlyWiki's repo all that instructive.

PMario

Aug 29, 2021, 7:36:49 AM8/29/21
to TiddlyWiki
I did create an account at https://codescene.io/ . They do have a free tier for open-source projects. ... BUT they do want to have read and write access to the whole repo to work properly. So I do need to create a new organisation with a fork of TW to be able to run some tests.
Github tokes imo are a bit generous with access rights granted. ...

-mario

TiddlyTweeter

Aug 29, 2021, 8:25:02 AM8/29/21
to TiddlyWiki
@PMario I  like that! It is one of the FEW representations I have ever seen where coding emulates the ORGANIC well.

The use of MUSIC in it is really good! Ever a liker of Fantasia, a use of sophisticated music for modern sensibilities, its gets 10 out of 10 for me ...

TT, x