Porting some nice palettes to tiddlywiki

BurningTreeC

Mar 4, 2019, 11:59:36 AM3/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi there,

I'm currently porting two/three color palettes to the tiddlywiki core, one is already on the current prerelease page (with some updates missing), it's called "Nord" - a pretty popular color-palette (https://github.com/arcticicestudio/nord) with themes available for codemirror and highlight.js
About the others I don't know yet, I'll go for candidates that also have themes for codemirror + highlight.js

If we can name some candidates for community-built palettes that should make it and we have the approval of their original creators,
I'd offer to do the github part of porting it

have a good start to the week,
btc

Mohammad

Mar 4, 2019, 1:13:32 PM3/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
Great Job BTC,

I believe user interface (themes, pallets, UI elements) is an area of huge opportunity to work and develop.

--Mohammad

HC Haase

Mar 6, 2019, 2:41:33 AM3/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
Nice! there sure is some nice themes out there and some new makeup can make some amazing differences in how modern TW look/ you perceive it.

There are many that I like, but for now my favourite palettes are from jd http://j.d.palette.tiddlyspot.com/

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 6, 2019, 7:01:29 AM3/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao BTC, couple of comments ...

1 - I'd ask Thomas Elmiger directly.
     Thomas' Colour Action plugin is very thorough in understanding colour for the net.
      Its a major reason his sites look good.

2 - I think it would be good if, eventually, there were add-on palettes for different types of colour vision impairment.
     At first they can seem to "colour normal users" counter-intuitive
     but, in some ways, force attention on the semantics of colour in a helpful way.

Buongiorno
Josiah

BurningTreeC

Mar 6, 2019, 10:25:14 AM3/6/19
to TiddlyWiki

Ciao BTC, couple of comments ...

1 - I'd ask Thomas Elmiger directly.
     Thomas' Colour Action plugin is very thorough in understanding colour for the net.
      Its a major reason his sites look good.

2 - I think it would be good if, eventually, there were add-on palettes for different types of colour vision impairment.
     At first they can seem to "colour normal users" counter-intuitive
     but, in some ways, force attention on the semantics of colour in a helpful way.

Buongiorno
Josiah

Hi Josiah,

This is only about adding some already built palettes while I'm already adding some and if anybody's interested in porting a palette to the tiddlywiki core, I'm offering that I do the github part, no further actions required other than telling me where to grab the palette tiddler and what name and description it should get

This offer won't last forever, we're just asking if there's interest

btc

Thomas Elmiger

Mar 7, 2019, 1:59:55 AM3/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi BTC and Josiah,

Thanks for the initiative, very much appreciated.

I would happily donate a pallette or two, but hesitated as I do not use code mirror and highlighter.

I am very busy this week, but might take a second look over the weekend.

Cheers,
Thomas

BurningTreeC

Mar 7, 2019, 3:52:06 AM3/7/19
to TiddlyWiki

Hi BTC and Josiah,

Thanks for the initiative, very much appreciated.

I would happily donate a pallette or two, but hesitated as I do not use code mirror and highlighter.

Hi Thomas, no codemirror or highlighter palette required or asked for, absolutely not

I've added the "Nord" and "SolarizedLight" palettes and because they are popular names there are themes for both codemirror and highlighter...

I believe community-made palettes are very much appreciated, nobody needs to hesitate because "missing" cm or highlighter css, it's just my reasoning why I chose those palettes, I'm very lazy

Thomas Elmiger

Mar 10, 2019, 8:14:33 AM3/10/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi BTC

I attach my Twilight palette and hereby grant you and others all necessary rights to use it for whatever you like, including using it or parts of it or a new, improved version of it for a pull request towards tiddlywiki.com :)

So feel free to add codemirror or highlighter styles if you think they would be useful.

Off topic: What I encountered while testing is, that it is not obvious, how the palettes are sorted in the control panel. Maybe, when there are more palettes in the future, it might be a good idea to sort them alphabetically? Or even make sections for light and dark themes or low and high contrast palettes?

Cheers,
Thomas
$__palettes_telmiger_twilight.tid

BurningTreeC

Mar 10, 2019, 9:03:57 AM3/10/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi BTC

I attach my Twilight palette and hereby grant you and others all necessary rights to use it for whatever you like, including using it or parts of it or a new, improved version of it for a pull request towards tiddlywiki.com :)

So feel free to add codemirror or highlighter styles if you think they would be useful.

Off topic: What I encountered while testing is, that it is not obvious, how the palettes are sorted in the control panel. Maybe, when there are more palettes in the future, it might be a good idea to sort them alphabetically? Or even make sections for light and dark themes or low and high contrast palettes?

Cheers,
Thomas

Hello Thomas, thank you very much!

The sorting is a good idea, I'll add that change. Hope to see your palette soon on the current prerelease,

thanks,
btc

BurningTreeC

Mar 10, 2019, 9:11:20 AM3/10/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Thomas, I'm adding it and I'd like to ask you if it's ok if I add your name to the palette tiddler's author field or if you prefer not to be named

btc

Thomas Elmiger

Mar 10, 2019, 9:45:38 AM3/10/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi BTC,

Thank you, that would be very kind of you. Obviously a detail I missed.

Cheers,
Thomas

sent from my mobile

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 10, 2019, 9:57:16 AM3/10/19
to TiddlyWiki
We need many things from the Twilight Zone. This is one.

J.

Thomas Elmiger wrote:
I attach my Twilight palette and hereby grant you and others all necessary rights ...

JD

Mar 10, 2019, 10:37:43 AM3/10/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi BTC,

I just saw this and oh my.. I am inlove with this palette. This is "the one" for me. Thank you for sharing!!!

Also, I am very very late, but I also just saw your very helpful step-by-step on how to contribute a palette to the repository!

Will now try that.

Thanks again you awesome dude

-jd