Delving into Railroad Diagrams

Charlie Veniot

Feb 19, 2021, 11:45:10 AM2/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
G'day,

For whatever reason, I am suddenly really interested in Railroad Diagrams.

They aren't particularly complicated, but I was wondering if anybody knows of any handt guides à la "Railroad Diagram for Dummies" ?

Strangely enough, I find myself a little bit stuck trying to figure out the purpose of a rounded item versus a rectangular item in the diagrams.

General resources about syntax diagrams are confusing me a smidgen.  Is there any guide out there specific to Tab Atkins Railroad Diagramming in the TiddlyWiki plugin?

Thanks much, and best regards !

Douglas Glenn

Feb 19, 2021, 12:13:49 PM2/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
I found a bit of documentation at Unisy here and some more information that is related to an open source tool here.

I don't know squat about Railroad diagrams. But I did a quick search for documentation and found these two that appeared coherent enough and contained information on use.

Charlie Veniot

Feb 19, 2021, 1:00:55 PM2/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks!

I found the Unisys one a few minutes after my first post.  It is helpful, but I'm getting some cognitive brain-freeze trying to consolidate that with the Railroad Diagramming documentation at TiddlyWiki.com .

Who knew it would be so hard to Google something clear and simple?

Charlie Veniot

Feb 19, 2021, 1:28:16 PM2/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
I just found this, and it seems to have what I was looking for:  Syntax Diagrams