[TW5] [TW-jsoneditor] Json Editor for Tiddlywiki Open Beta v0.0.5

Joshua Fontany

Apr 1, 2019, 7:32:50 PM4/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
This is NOT an April Fools Day Joke! ;)

I am pleased to announce that after about 2 years of tinkering and learning the guts of tiddlywiki and how to write widgets that Json Editor for Tiddlywiki is a reality!

TW-jsoneditor

The $jsoneditor widget generates and displays an HTML form constructed from the given JSON Schema. It does this by wrapping a TiddlyWiki widget around the json-editorpackage. None of the optional requirements (css frameworks, icons, etc.) of json-editor are included in this plugin except for Bootstrap4 and FontAwesome5.

The schema must be in JSON Schema format and can reside in:
  • the text of any json tiddler
  • any index in any json tiddler
  • any field from any tiddler (using the text field by default)

Examples are found in the Using Json Editor tiddler in the demo wiki.

Repository: https://github.com/joshuafontany/TW5-jsoneditor

Demo Wiki: https://joshuafontany.github.io/TW5-jsoneditor/

TonyM

Apr 1, 2019, 8:20:12 PM4/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Joshua,

This looks fantastic, I will explore in greater detail soon. Perhaps I will use this to build a database of objects for a client. Your solution may help in the exchange of components for people developing solutions like sharing schemas.

Thanks
tony

TonyM

Apr 2, 2019, 8:15:44 PM4/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Joshua,

I am working with the TW-jsoneditor now. Reviewing and evaluating. I thought I would make some constructive comments here.
  • The documentation quickly reverts to jargon, necessary jargon no doubt but it is a harsh introduction to people not familiar with all the jargon. This is not unusual, it is common for tiddlywiki. Hopefully as I develop my understanding I can provide some words to use.
  • I think you should include in the original post here, and bring to more prominence the line below as it helps foreshadow the enormous possibilities
    Automatically generate html forms in Tiddlywiki from JSON Schema [and build JSON data tiddlers]
  • The challenge for me is going to be moving my data from tiddlers to JSON, and reproducing my knowledge of tiddler manipulation in a JSON context. Thus I am evaluating this with a view to deciding if I use JSON in an application I am building. One challenge is replicating the equivalent of a TOC structure into JSON but perhaps this is a matter of defaults such as tags in the right location.
  • Have you considered tiddler - JSON and JSON to tiddler tools or methods? For example a data entry via forms into JSON that generates independent tiddlers? or converting Tiddlers into JSON entries. I think these would broaden the applicability and use of TW-jsoneditor
Thanks for this wonderful work
Tony

Mohammad

Apr 3, 2019, 2:39:48 AM4/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Joshua
This is awesome! Many thanks!

Many examples are given which shorten the learning curve!

One suggestion:
The size and font of button is better to fit the theme you use!

--Mohammad