[Plugin] TWCrossLinks

Tony K

May 2, 2020, 12:31:44 PM5/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Update to v0.1.20

version change log:

2020-05-22: v0.1.20

  • Empty tabs are not now hidden no need to look at empty spaces
  • Transclusion now works for keywords and tags, full Tiddler is transcluded
  • Change in the transclusion css to match the selected theme
full change log here

Install it by Drag n Drop from https://akhater.github.io/drift or download it directly from Github

Cheers
As promised in my Drift thread https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/QgPYL0JhxcY I packaged the "Cross Links" part of Drift as a separate plugin that you can download and install from

Quick Feature links
  • Adds a footer in the bottom of every Tiddler showing the keywords of that tiddler (if present)
  • Adds a footer in the bottom of every Tiddler showing all different types of inbound links to that tiddler (if present)
    • Backlinks
    • Tags
    • Keywords
    • Freelinks
  • Footer won't show unless existing
For more info and a working demo please check https://akhater.github.io/drift

Petruschka

May 2, 2020, 3:54:49 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
This was much faster than expected Tony K! :)

Thank you! Tests incoming.

Petruschka

May 2, 2020, 3:59:46 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki

I saved it it as: $__ak_plugins_TWCrossLinks.json as well as TWCrossLinks.json and drag'n dropped it to my TW5.

Tony K

May 2, 2020, 5:18:08 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello again

This is weird. I've tried it on a brand new installation of TW5 and I had no errors

Is that the json file from github?

Tony K

May 2, 2020, 6:01:03 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello again Petruschka

I guess the problem is from how you are downloading the JSON file, please get it from here https://github.com/akhater/TWCrossLinks/releases/ and let me know if it solves the problem

thanks

TonyM

May 2, 2020, 7:59:09 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony,

Thanks for sharing back to the community. I was just reviewing it and discovered it has a dependency on the mono theme.

I have not seen this before and its quite unusual. Personaly I do not use the mono theme so this means I can't use this?

Can you find a way to remove this dependency? Even if you supply another tiddler for a custom/alternative stylesheet.

Regards
Tony

Tony K

May 3, 2020, 2:43:51 AM5/3/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tony for the feedback

I missed that... Where does this dependency manifest?

I just installed it on a empty TW5 & I don't see the issue ...

Petruschka

May 3, 2020, 3:51:29 AM5/3/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
This is what happens when I am installing it from "release" via drag'n drop:
It is not imported as a plugin but as a Tiddler.

But saving it first and importing works as intended!

Best wishes!

Petruschka

May 3, 2020, 4:20:10 AM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Tony K

I tested a bit more and would like to give you some feedback. Keywords and backlinks working like a charm fmpov. These are the results when I use the

Example Button Pop and your Example of

Transclude External site as Popup:

it is just FYI. Please tell me if I can do anything else.

Best wishes

Tony K

May 3, 2020, 5:29:14 AM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Petruschka

thanks a lot for your testing

It is indeed working as it should

1. your first example "Button Popup" is transcluding another tiddler INSIDE your Drif in your case it is non existent
look at the code below
Just showing how a tiddler can be transcluded in a <$button popup=<<qualify "$:/state/popup/wishlist">> class="tc-btn-invisible tc-tiddlylink">
pop-up frame
</$button> just like a website
<$reveal state=<<qualify "$:/state/popup/wishlist">> type="popup" position="belowleft" animate="yes">
<pre class="tc-drop-down">

{{Example: Button Pop destination}}

</pre>
</$reveal>

 you see {{Example: Button Pop destination}} ?? this is the name of the transcluded tiddler

2. looks working just fine. I am working on making the embedding process easier

thanks again for testing it

Tony K

May 3, 2020, 8:09:31 AM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Plugin updated to v.0.0.7

Change log
  • You can now set the Default state of the "inbound links" {Shown / Hidden}
  • You can now set the Default "inbound links" tab

Petruschka

May 3, 2020, 10:41:29 AM5/3/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tony K,

thanks for coming back to me with your feedback!

I see. Do you may think it could be helpful to make it adjustable in a way/move anything to the last position at the bottom? Otherwise the "Add Comment" plugin (would be great if I could make comments to plugins as well with it btw!) will be in another place than expected by its users.

I didn't hover over the link for this partial screenshot (shift+windows+s), this is the default view on it. So no hovering here. :-)

Best wishes!

PS After your last commit there are only .zip files to download.  ;)

Tony K

May 3, 2020, 11:24:22 AM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello again

re #1 can you please elaborate a bit more? I am not sure I understood correctly

re zip file. but inside the ZIP file there is the JSON file right ?

Tony K

May 5, 2020, 6:22:06 AM5/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Bumping the thread....

Plugin updated to v0.1.0  More details in the original post of this thread

enjoy

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 7:31:44 PM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Update to v0.1.0

version change log:
          Inbound links for "Backlinks" and "Freelinks" can now be transcluded in a pop-up, try it by enabling this feature from the TWCrosslinks config panel

SizzlinSJ

May 7, 2020, 2:15:36 AM5/7/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
So nice of you for making this plugin,

Although i have a some questions,
  • How are Keywords different than Tags?
  • I am confused, when to use keywords or tags while taking notes? any example?

Tony K

May 7, 2020, 2:45:48 AM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello SizzlinSJ

thank you for testing TWCrossLinks

re Tags vs Keywords:  You don't need to use both, you can use one or the other I use both, each for a different reason.
For me
  • Tags are used as Categories to class my Tiddlers
    • PRIA: Project / Responsibility / Interest / Archive
    • Type: Document / Code / Note / Bookmark etc..
    • Usage: Reference / Resource / Backup
    • Action: Rename / Delete / Review / Read Later
  • Keywords are used, well, as keywords :) , this is where I write everything that comes to mind I might need to relocated the tiddler later on
    • e.g.: TiddlyWiki Customization Powershell Security etc....
Finally "External Reference" is what I use to link to the external source, if any, that referenced the Tiddler. You can test that by
  1. adding a Reference field: let's say call it "Drift"
  2. adding a url field: url of the above reference https://akhater.github.io/drift
Hope it helps

SizzlinSJ

May 7, 2020, 4:08:12 AM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks, the examples of the categories helped make it more clear.

Odin Jorna

May 7, 2020, 9:05:51 AM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

I fiddled with your TWCrossLinks plugin and I was quickly amazed by its possibilities. For me, this beats just having backlinks underneath each tiddler. Having the tabs to switch around between freelinks and backlinks and such is a very nice thing. One thing I noticed is that the two stripes with the 'inbounds links'  button doesn't translate very well to other themes or setups. At least not in my personal wiki. I think an option to have the tabs standard under tiddlers without the dropdown button and stripes would be very nice for a cleaner look. I tried messing around within the $:/ak/plugins/TWCrossLinks/ui/footer Tiddler and removed all the code I think associated with the dropdown button to get the effect I was looking for. I think it could be very handy if it was an option in the config tab of your plugin. I hope this feedback is usefull. See the attached picture for reference.

p zaterdag 2 mei 2020 18:31:44 UTC+2 schreef Tony K:
Update to v0.1.0

version change log:
          Inbound links for "Backlinks" and "Freelinks" can now be transcluded in a pop-up, try it by enabling this feature from the TWCrosslinks config panel

Example.JPG
Capture.JPG

HC Haase

May 7, 2020, 9:39:26 AM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
This look very nice. I like the way you are handling the freelinks. I will have a better look when I have more time.

There are a lot of activity around connections lately.

* this nice pugin
* davis tydllyBlink/idea stew/stroll/...?
* my own newly updated toc generic

I think my toc generic plugin have some of the same functionality as this one but in a different layout, though not the freelinks feature.

lørdag den 2. maj 2020 kl. 18.31.44 UTC+2 skrev Tony K:
Update to v0.1.0

version change log:
          Inbound links for "Backlinks" and "Freelinks" can now be transcluded in a pop-up, try it by enabling this feature from the TWCrosslinks config panel

Tony K

May 7, 2020, 12:15:31 PM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Odin

thank you for giving it a try, I did add a feature to make it shown by default but I understand now what you are looking for.
would just one horizontal ruler above make sense to you? or you want without rulers at all ?

I added 2 new features and I can bake your request in before my next release..

Tony K

May 7, 2020, 12:16:15 PM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you HC

yes i just started copying TiddlyBlink and tried to adapt it to my needs

Odin Jorna

May 7, 2020, 1:07:20 PM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for replying to the feedback! I am really enjoying what you've made.
For me the dropdown button was the thing that was bothering me the most because it was another click and step when I would prefer to see the information when opening a tiddler. I think one horizontal ruler above would make sense the most. So there is a border between the main body of text of the tiddler itself and the row of tabs with backlinks.

Tony K

May 7, 2020, 1:19:20 PM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
in the options you can show them by default. did you try that?

Odin Jorna

May 7, 2020, 1:43:09 PM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
I did! but then the " Inbound Links: " still shows, which is kinda a waste of space if you don't really have a need to toggle the inbound links.

Op donderdag 7 mei 2020 19:19:20 UTC+2 schreef Tony K:
Knipsel.JPG

Tony K

May 7, 2020, 4:23:51 PM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Got you your request is clear. will bake it in next update, i have a small "surprise" in it but I don't think you will appreciate it lol

will be realeased probably on saturday

Tony K

May 7, 2020, 5:08:50 PM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki

Annotation 2020-05-08 000737.png

It is done, this is what you are looking for right ?

if so will be available soon

Odin Jorna

May 8, 2020, 1:21:24 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
It is! Thanks for working with me. Appreciate it! :)

Tony K

May 8, 2020, 2:29:13 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Another thread bump

plugin updated with exciting new features

Grab it

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 7:31:44 PM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Update to v0.1.3

version change log:
          2020-05-08: v0.1.3
  • Added counter showing the number of inbound links
  • Fixed bug in Freelinks
  • Saved some screen real-estate in the footer
  • Added the possibility to remove the toggle and show the tabs by default saving even more screen estate try it

Tony K

May 8, 2020, 2:30:53 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
done it is published

all yours :D

Odin Jorna

May 8, 2020, 5:39:16 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Updated my Tiddlywiki and it is working perfectly. Thank you so much!
I had to chuckle when I read your 'saving screen real estate' line : )

Tony K

May 8, 2020, 5:45:17 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
glad to help

if you have a min test the below 2 features
1. transclude on hover
2. reference counter

Odin Jorna

May 8, 2020, 5:58:32 AM5/8/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Both work for me! See the picture attached. I had both features switched off, as I use the 'Make inbound links permanent (removes toggle option)' option in the config. But after switching them on I had this result.

test.jpg

Edit: The other reference is a backlink to the tiddler that contains the notes of a book where I found this theory.
If there is anything else I can test or help with. Let me know!

Op vrijdag 8 mei 2020 11:45:17 UTC+2 schreef Tony K:
test.jpg

Tony K

May 8, 2020, 6:00:24 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
thank you for your help  (o:

On Friday, May 8, 2020 at 12:58:32 PM UTC+3, Odin Jorna wrote:
Both work for me! See the picture attached. I had both features switched off, as I use the 'Make inbound links permanent (removes toggle option)' option in the config. But after switching them on I had this result.

test.jpg

Zhenkai Jiang

May 9, 2020, 12:12:26 AM5/9/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
this plugins seems amazing!

Odin Jorna

May 11, 2020, 10:42:36 AM5/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

I have another suggestion that could be a feature in your TW-crosslinks plugin I have been using the past week. I use TiddlyWiki to keep my study notes organized. With your plugin, it has been a treat to see all the interlinkedness of my whole notebook. It is helping with a lot with organizing my notes and being able to see the connection! A thing that has come up in my notetaking/organising workflow, is that I decide to make a concept or important definition in the notes a separate tiddler, so I can see in which other notes the definition is also referenced. The freelinks tab in your plugin has made this possible. Naturally, I want to add links to that new definition tiddler in all previous notes I have done, so it can show up in the backlinks tab. In order to do this, I need to open all previous notes and place the brackets manually. This can be a lot of work fast when the number of notes grow. It would be really helpful if there would be a button to press to automatically make real links out of your selected freelink. So the connections can show up in the backlinks. This would be also helpful when reading the text again because the links reminds me I've probably have some more information about the word/concept written in that tiddler. Without the link it could happen I will forget.

As an example, I made some pictures of some example tiddlers to showcase.

1) Some notes on a book I was reading.
2) I made a tiddler of the word 'outgroup' because it is a important concept in psychology, and I am curious to see in what other books/theories it will be used. Using the freelink tab I discover I already have a tiddler about Us-Them categorization.
3) But I can't tell by the 'us-them' tiddler that I have an 'outgroup' tiddler.
4) It would be helpful if when hovering the freelink, I could press the yellow highlighted word, to automaticly edit the target tiddler to add brackets around the word, and thus creating a link.

I don't know if this is technicly possible. Maybe a button next to each freelink, that shows the user a prompt with a selectable list of the words you want to add brackets onto, would be possible. I wouldn't recommend turning all of the words into a link, because it can become a little messy on the eye. (in my example, the word outgroup is mentioned multiple times within the same paragraph. Only one link in that paragraph would suffice).

I hope this is helpful feedback and I hope I was able to convey it well, as English is not my native language. If this feature is outside the intended scope of your plugin I can totally understand.

Kind regards,
Odin

Op zaterdag 2 mei 2020 18:31:44 UTC+2 schreef Tony K:
Update to v0.1.3
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.jpg

Tony K

May 11, 2020, 1:58:14 PM5/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Odin

I hear you, I don't know how much I can do this since the context plugin is not mine.
This said, I have something in mind let me test it and will update you accordingly

Can't promise on a time frame though

Odin Jorna

May 11, 2020, 4:55:12 PM5/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony.

Thank you for responding. No worries, there is no hurry.

Sullevy Pan

May 11, 2020, 9:18:49 PM5/11/20
to TiddlyWiki

 I like this plugin, show daily notes by card style, it's awesome.

I wish you can add two-pannel feature, this is also much useful.

SizzlinSJ

May 12, 2020, 3:31:34 AM5/12/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I have a temporary solution for this problem until plugin gets updated,
Use freelinks plugin and TWcrosslink at the same time.
The freelink plugin highlights all the freelinks in blue and then we can add directlinks for important ones only (you dont want every repeated word in same tiddler to get directlink right?)

Why temporary? because,
Issue 1. The freelink plugin on version 5.1.22 doesnt have option of ignore case (it works on prerelease 5.1.23). So it highlights only case sensitive words. TWcrosslinks is not case sensitive(thanks to Tony K) but it doesnt highlight.
Issue 2. I found that Tiddlymap doesnt work with freelinks plugin, there are javascript errors. So you have to choose between any one, for me its freelink as i dont need tiddlymap much. I think there is some compatibility issue between Tmap and freelink(in 5.1.22) cant say that for 5.1.23.

Edgaras

May 12, 2020, 6:05:01 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony K

Awesome plugin!

I am having problems using it together with static site export. The arrow is not clickable when I export to .html pages.

Tony K

May 12, 2020, 6:09:09 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Edgaras

thank you for the feedback,

Honestly I have never tried it that way, can you please tell me how do you generate these .html pages? I do use it on a "Singe export" index.html and it works just fine

as a workaround maybe you can use the feature to remove the toggle all together and show them permanently ?

Edgaras

May 12, 2020, 6:11:03 AM5/12/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Also I get huge red error just by changing one plugin setting:

"Make inbound links permanent (removes toggle option)"

––––

I just use export button from JSZip library.

Tony K

May 12, 2020, 6:14:48 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
That's embarrassing indeed :D :D

I have no issues changing that option here any chances you can send me a "cleaned" version of your TW so i can troubleshoot it ?

Tony K

May 12, 2020, 6:20:01 AM5/12/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the feedback
I want to add the 2 stories feature but it is above my skill level at the moment :)

Tony K

May 12, 2020, 6:22:46 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you SizzlinSJ

Freelinks plugin doesn't exactly do the same thing. it identifies, in the source tiddler, a freelink whereas TWCrossLinks find them in the destination tiddler

my issue with Freelinks plugin is that, as the TW goes bigger, it will get slower very fast. but I can definitely see them as complementary as you are saying

I am trying to shape out a solution

Edgaras

May 12, 2020, 6:22:47 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki

Tony K

May 12, 2020, 6:27:03 AM5/12/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
But on that link there is no error when I toggle any of TWCrossLinks options  and the "export" button is giving an empty zip with only a stylesheet

Edgaras

May 12, 2020, 6:31:14 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hmm, then it has something to do with exporting some of my notes. It probably goes wrong with some specific content.

Saq Imtiaz

May 12, 2020, 6:32:55 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Edgaras it may or may not be related to this issue:

Edgaras

May 12, 2020, 6:34:49 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Besides that error, even with working notes, you still can't click on tabs in the exported version. Tabs become regular buttons and they are inactive.

Edgaras

May 12, 2020, 6:46:20 AM5/12/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Could it be something with external links?? I deleted one note that had 2 internal and one external link and then it worked.

––-

EDIT:
Nah, I created a new tiddler with external and internal links, that works fine. It's just one specific tiddler.

Tony K

May 12, 2020, 6:51:07 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
if you can share this tiddler i can take a look

Edgaras

May 12, 2020, 6:53:37 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Shared in private

Tony K

May 13, 2020, 4:17:43 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Fixed with the latest update, please check original post for details

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 1:53:37 PM UTC+3, Edgaras wrote:
Shared in private

Edgaras

May 13, 2020, 8:06:54 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Works well now! I am using it😊

My two three issues:

1. No setting to ignore system links (e.g. I do not necessarily want to see $:/DefaultTiddlers as backlinks)
2. Footnote tabs do not work when exported to static .html files. Do I need to include some .js? Also would be nice if the transclusion pop-up worked on the export.
3. I don't know how to customise, so on export to static html, I only show backlinks.

Would be nice to have:
4. It would be cool if I could choose to turn Freelinks as true links on the spot, so the text chunk would update as alias link to the note.

Tony K

May 13, 2020, 8:15:22 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Edgaras

Thank you for the feedabck

1. No setting to ignore system links (e.g. I do not necessarily want to see $:/DefaultTiddlers as backlinks)
   Mixed feelings about this one. I already did it twice and removed it lol maybe I will add it as an option next update
   Not much i can do  here I am afraid, it do work with static html as it works on https://akhater.github.io/drift I am not sure how you are exporting but my best guess is that the html files are being stripped from the JS etc...
4. It would be cool if I could choose to turn Freelinks as true links on the spot, so the text chunk would update as alias link to the note.
can you explain more what you mean ?

Edgaras

May 13, 2020, 8:54:06 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony K

Haha thanks! I can understand it's very useful to see all links, but for people writing content and publishing static files, system files are not useful as backlinks.

4. So I really like the Freelinks feature, it finds words are mentioned in other notes and relates to current note title. Some of the Freelinks I would like to turn to Backlinks, so in those other notes mentions become real links. Does that make sense?

Tony K

May 13, 2020, 9:04:02 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
regarding #4: this request keeps popping up from different users and I have it on my todo list, but I can't commit to a timeframe though

Edgaras

May 13, 2020, 9:12:38 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony K

No worries! At your own pace!

Scott Kingery

May 16, 2020, 9:40:18 PM5/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony, I'm using this TWCrosslinks and your Daily Notes plugin as a replacement for the Daily Notes system I built before. I need to give it a bit more time but I'm curious about the tabs. They work great, Freelinks, Tags etc. all in their own tab. It's pretty. My immediate thought though is, while it is fantastic to discover that things are related and inked somehow but why, as a user, do I care how they got linked?

Just a conversation spark,
Scott

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 9:31:44 AM UTC-7, Tony K wrote:
Update to v0.1.6

version change log:
       2020-05-13: v0.1.6
  • Bug fixes uncaught js error in transclusion code

Tony K

May 17, 2020, 12:11:15 AM5/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Scott
that's a very interesting thought and very easy to add as an option.

one question pops to mind, you wouldn't even care if it is a linked (Backlink/keywords/tags) or unlinked reference (freelinks) ?

eager to know your thoughts

Scott Kingery

May 17, 2020, 6:02:54 PM5/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,
I'm still thinking this through. Your UI is a good solution and probably better than lumping it all together. It is really all about how you organize your wiki. I've been using tags and table-of-contents to organize my notes. Coming from Evernote or OneNote or even paper you have that paradigm in your brain. So really (and this could be and probably is a thread on its own).... Tags group things together, say History Class Notes where I might make a note on a George Washington tiddler that he was General during the American revolution. Later I might make a note in my Coin Collection notes that George Washington is on the US Quarter. Freelinks would tell me there is some kinds of relation on George Washington that I might not have put together and automatically link facts about George. Powerful when your wiki starts to take some shape.

You could just not have any tags and let Freelinks link things up as you randomly add a first note about [[George Washington]] then later when you mention George Washington the Freelinks magic happens. Then you begin to think about the retrieval of your notes. No grouping means my class notes are all over that place. Maybe TIddlyMap would come in handy there, I never tried it.

Short version....don't change it :)

One issue I'm still experimenting with is performance. I have 900+ tiddlers in one wiki and in general things are fine until you click on a tiddler that with many freelinks and then you click your freelinks tab. I've seen it take 20 seconds to load the freelinks.

Scott Kingery

May 17, 2020, 9:28:36 PM5/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Actually, the performance is ok. I rebuilt my wiki and it seems better. I think it might have been some extra code in there.

After testing for a bit I did make a small change to the freelinks tab code. I was seeing results where the word wasn't necessarily by itself it would return in results. Like if it was part of a web URL or something. I hacked together a part of your code and some old code from tiddlyblink looks like:

\define mycrit() (?i)\b$(searchspx)$\b
<$list filter=[all[current]!is[system]!is[shadow]]>
<$vars searchme=<<currentTiddler>> searchspx={{{ [<currentTiddler>escaperegexp[]]}}} >
<$list filter="[!is[system]!is[shadow]!tag[hide]regexp:text<mycrit>sort[title]] -[all[current]backlinks[]]  -[is[current]]" variable=result>

<$link to=<<result>> ><$view tiddler=<<result>> field=title> </$view></$link>

        </
div>
</$list>
</
$vars>
</$list>

Tony K

May 18, 2020, 2:00:08 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
thank for that Scott

I actually just started feeling that specially with shorter words & I was looking for a solution but Thanks to you

regarding the performance Please try to enable the "permanent" view it should have an impact,

awaiting your feedback

Scott Kingery

May 18, 2020, 2:26:36 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
I think the performance is fine, Tony.

I've expanded my code to also include searching titles. Someone with more skills might be able to make this more efficient:

\define mycrit() (?i)\b$(searchspx)$\b
<$list filter=[all[current]!is[system]!is[shadow]]>
<$vars searchme=<<currentTiddler>> searchspx={{{ [<currentTiddler>escaperegexp[]]}}} >
<$list filter="[!is[system]!is[shadow]!tag[hide]regexp:text<mycrit>sort[title]] -[all[current]backlinks[]]  -[is[current]]" variable=result>
                <$link to=<<result>> ><$view tiddler=<<result>> field=title> </$view></$link>
</$list>
<$list filter="[!is[system]!is[shadow]!tag[hide]regexp:<mycrit>sort[title]] -[all[current]backlinks[]]  -[is[current]]" variable=result>
                <$link to=<<result>> ><$view tiddler=<<result>> field=title> </$view></$link>
</$list>
</$vars>
</$list>

Tony K

May 18, 2020, 2:52:19 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Scott that's fantastic

I took your ideas (both of them) and edited my old code to include both, I hope you don't mind

new release coming soon

Tony K

May 18, 2020, 4:40:28 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Scott

plugin updated with both your changes included

thanks a lot

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 7:31:44 PM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Update to v0.1.15

version change log:

2020-05-18: v0.1.15

  • System Tiddlers should now be hidden
  • Freelinks fixed to show only full word match (credits Scott Kingery)
  • Freelinks now search titles too (credits Scott Kingery)
  • Performance tweak | More efficient coding
  • Bug fix in reference counter

Odin Jorna

May 18, 2020, 6:20:20 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

The 'Make inbound links permanent (removes toggle option)' toggle in the config tab of your plugin. appears to be broken after your latest update. Clicking it doesn't seem to change the footer. You can check it on your drift site as well.

With kind regards,
Odin

Tony K

May 18, 2020, 8:20:10 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
updated sorry for the mess

SizzlinSJ

May 18, 2020, 3:45:22 PM5/18/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
There are two things,

1. When you are on freelinks tab, you see line saying 'no free links to this tiddler' two times and if freelink is present we still see one 'no free links to this tiddler' line (You can see that on drift page as well). This is fine if not fixed but next point is important to me

2. Can you make full word match as an option because I actually want all kinds of matches to be as freelinks. Sometimes, not using spaces betweenwordsmaynot show potential freelinks and prefixes like -s also dont give freelinks.

System tiddlers seem to be hidden (no problem)
No hurry, take your time, till then I will use older version.

Tony K

May 18, 2020, 6:04:09 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
What a fiasco this 0.0.17 lol sorry for the mess and thank you for your valuable feedback

Bug fixed, request done

Enjoy

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 10:45:22 PM UTC+3, SizzlinSJ wrote:
There are two things,

1. When you are on freelinks tab, you see line saying 'no free links to this tiddler' two times and if freelink is present we still see one 'no free links to this tiddler' line (You can see that on drift page as well). This is fine if not fixed but next point is important to me

2. Can you make full word match as a option because I actually want all kinds of matches to be as freelinks. Sometimes, not using spaces betweenwordsmaynot show potential freelinks and prefixes like -s also dont give freelinks.

System tiddlers seem to be hidden (no problem)
No hurry, take your time till then I will use older version.

Reet Pandher

May 21, 2020, 12:13:26 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,
I am currently using your plugin and it works great but i ran into an issue today. I changed the background and foreground color of my TW. Background is black and Foreground is white.

Issue is when i am hovering over the tiddlers in the Backlink section the pop has applied the white color to the text BUT it still has white background. So nothing is visible anymore. Is there any way to change the background?

Tony K

May 21, 2020, 12:39:21 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Reet

it is weird, I test it on both black and white background and in both it works ok, in fact my own TW5 background is black....

can you please share a screeshot ?

below are 2 screenshots for black and white background

this said if you go to $:/ak/plugins/TWCrossLinks/ui/context.css -> .tw-context change the background-color

black background.png

white background.png

Reet Pandher

May 21, 2020, 12:57:51 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,
I tried changing the color. It didn't take. Default value was #eee.
Also, I think your text colour is gray so that is why it has better visibility.

Capture.JPG

Tony K

May 21, 2020, 1:17:42 PM5/21/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
yes default value is eee indeed

i changed that to black and added color: red just to show you and it shld work ...

it is really weird it is not working for you, can you please try to make it
I think there is a conflict with some code in stroll

background-color: #202020 !important;

and tell me if it helps ?

blackred.png

Reet Pandher

May 21, 2020, 1:46:22 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,
The background color still refuses to change. But the entry color: red; took immediate effect. It solves my problem to some degree atleast.

On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 10:47:42 PM UTC+5:30, Tony K wrote:
yes default value is eee indeed

i changed that to black and added color: red just to show you and it shld work ...

Reet Pandher

May 21, 2020, 1:54:53 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ok found a solution here.
Have to add !important after the color value...

Tony K

May 21, 2020, 2:04:30 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Yes my friend this is what I suggested in my last post

Glad it helped

Reet Pandher

May 21, 2020, 2:08:37 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
O man i'm so sorry!! I can swear that information wasn't there when i saw it!! It seems i need to go take a nap..

Tony K

May 21, 2020, 2:53:09 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
lol no actually this is an edit I added a few seconds after the post so, it you read it in the email, it's not there

Tony K

May 22, 2020, 9:47:38 AM5/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thread bumb for v.0.1.20 update

I actually love this update since it brings a feature I've been wanting to add for a long time which is "The empty tabs are now hidden"

Hope you enjoy

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 7:31:44 PM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Update to v0.1.20

version change log:

2020-05-22: v0.1.20

  • Empty tabs are not now hidden no need to look at empty spaces
  • Transclusion now works for keywords and tags, full Tiddler is transcluded
  • Change in the transclusion css to match the selected theme

Scott Kingery

May 24, 2020, 2:55:22 PM5/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony,
This is a great addition! I just installed it on everything.

Have to tell you, at the beginning of last week I added Daily Notes and TWCrosslinks to the main wiki I use at work and it already has made a big difference in how I work. I really should pack up the other components of the wiki into a plugin.

Thanks again for publishing this.
Scott

SizzlinSJ

May 25, 2020, 3:10:17 AM5/25/20
to TiddlyWiki
It's late but, did you remove 'Select which Tab you want to be open by Default' option in update v1.20. Any reason for this?

Tony K

May 25, 2020, 4:25:47 AM5/25/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Scott for your kind words, it really means a lot

Tony K

May 25, 2020, 4:26:24 AM5/25/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello SizzlinSJ yes I did because now tabs are dynamically hidden when they are empty, so I couldn't see how to fit a default tab in all that

Anjar

May 25, 2020, 7:18:16 PM5/25/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tony for this wonderful plugin!

I was taking some notes today and realising it would be nice to have some way to handle reoccurence in some; birthdays, important dates and so on. Maybe it could be possible to add regular expression to keywords in some way? Eg. if I just 01 add as keyword, it will show up on all my journal tiddlers the first each month; if I add the keyword 02-01 it will show only every February 1.; using 2022-02-01 will add it to the keyword list February 1. in 2022 (but the latter will already happen if I call the journal tiddler 2022-02-01). Just a thought!

Edit: I guess some of you know better ways, but I think this may work:

\define test()
<$list filter="[{!!title}split[-]]" variable="t"><$set name=l filter="[<t>length[]]" >(<<t>>|[0]{<<l>>}) </$set></$list>
\end

<$wikify name=outr text=<<test>> mode=inline>
<$set name=out filter="[<outr>trim[]split[ ]join[-]]">
<<list-links "[regexp:keywords<out>]">>
</$set>
</$wikify>

where 0000-00-01 is the first of each month; 0000-01-00 is every day each January and so on

Best,
Anders

Tony K

May 26, 2020, 12:30:51 AM5/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Anders

I do like your suggestion a lot but I think it fits more into DailyNotes than in TWCrossLinks....

do you use DailyNotes? It will be a great addition to it if you don't mind me using it

Anjar

May 26, 2020, 5:50:51 AM5/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
Sure! And I agree, since DailyNotes uses the title format yyyy-mm-dd already, it will fit nicely. Maybe even as a separate tab "Reminders" similar to Backlinks and Keywords (that's why I thought it could be nice for TWCrossLinks)? But I imagine it can be integrated nicely into the DailyNotes log-format also!

Best,
Anders

Stephen Wooten II

May 30, 2020, 9:22:19 AM5/30/20
to TiddlyWiki
Greetings!

Thank you for the amazing release, first and foremost.

I have been desperately searching for some kind of option to "automatically" link or reference a tiddler when its title was mentioned in another tiddler, even if it was not [[Tagged]].  Sometimes I write about a topic but never reference its tiddler, but it could be useful as a "further reading" type of scenario.  While the keywords functionality is (quite literally) what I had in mind, I was wondering if there was a way to automate this?  As in, if I type example here in this sentence, then at the bottom a reference to my tiddler [[Example]] will be appended (or, even, the word "example" would be automatically linked)?  I have looked through what I can only believe to be all of the "automatic linking" options and understand it is not quite yet possible in TiddlyWiki5 and can be sluggish, too, so I am just trying to think through what would functionally make the most sense for my usage.

Thank you again--and have a great day, everyone!

Anjar

Jun 3, 2020, 2:22:26 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

Another idea; maybe it could be useful to generalize from keywords and tags to custom/all fields? Say I have a tiddler about a book, then I add an author field, and the tiddler about the author automatically gets a tab called "Author" referencing the book tiddler

Best,
Anders

Tony K

Jun 4, 2020, 6:33:02 AM6/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Stephan

I think what you are referring to are "Freelinks"

TWCrossLinks handles Freelinks from the "Receiving" side so if you go to the tiddler called "example" it will show all other tiddlers that has "example" even if it is not [[Example]]

what I think you are asking for is to actually change example to [[example]] in the source tiddler? this is a popular request but I didn't get to work on it yet but it is on the todo list

Tony K

Jun 4, 2020, 6:33:45 AM6/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
not a bad idea Anjar I like it (actually I love it)

will work on it

波普

Jun 21, 2020, 5:47:42 PM6/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,Tony

Freelinks cannot display the connection of the Chinese title, can you check it?

Thank you!

Bop

在 2020年5月3日星期日 UTC+8上午12:31:44,Tony K写道:

TW Tones

Jun 21, 2020, 8:59:37 PM6/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Anjar,

No time to finish publishing something, but this similar to a recent ideal I am developing called "autonomous-fields".

Basically a single tiddler, by the name of the fieldname, with the view template tag, which displays its own value in tiddlers that use it.

Keep an eye out for it.

Regards
Tony

Anjar

Jul 1, 2020, 6:54:45 PM7/1/20
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry for the delay: Thanks for the update, Tony! It's a very interesting idea!

Best,
Anders

_Phi / hpx1

Jul 3, 2020, 12:12:57 AM7/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Tony K

great plugin, the freelinks are very useful !

a suggestion / feature request : Would it be possible to have an option to unfold/display the transclusions inline in the footer rather than using a popup ?
That way we can see and compare multiple results at the same time. It would be really helpful to see the content when the tiddler's title is not descriptive of its content (as in zettelkasten/daily notes using yyyyMMdd titles for instance).

I hope you will consider adding it.

kebi

Aug 4, 2020, 8:59:30 PM8/4/20
to TiddlyWiki

backlinks/freelinks are not working correctly when using asian character

This is a tiddler example

image

This is what happens to the referenced tiddlers (the "漢字" one found 1 reference but is not showing anything)

image

kebi

Aug 4, 2020, 9:05:07 PM8/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Also not working with special characters

TW Tones

Aug 4, 2020, 9:40:24 PM8/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Kebi

I expect we should have tiddlywiki honouring Asian characters in al their forms. I do not know enough to make this happen. Perhaps raise it in the dev forum.

But when it comes to other symbols they are not encouraged see https://tiddlywiki.com/#Tiddler%20Title%20Policy

However tiddlywiki is comfortable with uni-code characters so there may be sufficient symbols that are considered simply text. Perhaps even alternatives to the ones in your example that otherwise have special meanings.

😀

Regards
Tony

Tejasvi S Tomar

Sep 10, 2020, 5:26:26 AM9/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Is it possible to treat transclusions as backlinks, or perhaps a separate tab? Currently, they show up as freelinks.