Bug or feature in Tiddler Manager. tag do not disapear ..

vpl

Mar 23, 2020, 1:50:28 PM3/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I'm using the Tiddler Manager

$:/Manager to assign different tags to various tiddlers

I've noticed that even if a tag is not assigned any more to any tiddler it continues to appear in the Tiddler manager

Below the manager proposes the tags "lovely-test10" and "lovely-test11" that are not assigned any more to any tiddler, as you can see in the second image attached

Manager-TW51.png

Manager-TW52.png

OK. It's perhaps that the tag still exist
So I ran the following tiddler on "lovely-test10"

\define deletePl()
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-remove-tag" $param="lovely-test5"/>
\end

<$button actions=<<deletePl>>>delete playList </$button>

The tag is still there in the Tiddler manager

Any idea ?

Thanks as always for your support

Regards
Vpl

Mark S.

Mar 23, 2020, 2:28:36 PM3/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
To see what the tag is still tagging, click on it in the tag manager.

The "tm-remove-tag" removes a tag from a tiddler. But first it has to know which tiddler.

vpl

Mar 23, 2020, 5:56:35 PM3/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for your answer

But what I don't understand is that I still have tags in the tiddler manager which are not visible into the Tag manager

Meaning that even if there is nothing the tag is tagging, it is still displayed into the Tiddler manager

How can I remove these tags from the tiddler manager when they are not tagging anything more ?

Regards

Mark S.

Mar 23, 2020, 6:50:10 PM3/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Can you show a screen shot of what happens when you click on one of the tags in the tag manager?

A Gloom

Mar 24, 2020, 1:54:30 AM3/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
I tried ytour button and it wasn't removing the tag

vpl

Mar 24, 2020, 3:55:35 AM3/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

Here is how to reproduce simply the test. I've used an empty TW5 freshly downloaded from the Web site

- create tiddler "test-1" with tag "tag-1"
- create tiddler "test-2"
- in the tiddler-Manager assign "tag-1" to tiddler "test-2"
- in the tiddler-Manager un-assign "tag-1" from tiddler "test-2"
- remove completely tiddler "test-1"
- Open the tag-manager
   - There is no tag at all listed. Fine
- Open the tiddler-manager and select "test-2"
   - The tag "tag-1" is still There

Looks strange to me as "tag-1" is not assigned any more to any tiddler (as the tag manager shows). Why do we keep it in the tiddler manager ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Vincent

Jeremy Ruston

Mar 24, 2020, 4:09:34 AM3/24/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The tiddler manager remembers the last few tags that have been used, and displays them as unchecked checkboxes. It makes it easier to add the same tag to a bunch of tiddlers in turn.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

vpl

Mar 24, 2020, 8:11:27 AM3/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks a lot Jeremy for this answer.
Any way to clean this cash or configure it's size ?

Vpl
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddl...@googlegroups.com.

Jeremy Ruston

Mar 24, 2020, 8:21:10 AM3/24/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The recent tags are stored in the tiddler $:/config/Manager/RecentTags, and you can just delete it to get rid of it. There’s a limit of 12 tags at the moment, which is hardcoded in $:/Manager/ItemSidebar/Tags

Best wishes

Jeremy.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/be17a7e7-d288-4d50-84f1-51e37bbff917%40googlegroups.com.

vpl

Mar 24, 2020, 8:42:19 AM3/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Miraculous !

I love TW5 ..

Thanks a lot

Regards
Jeremy.

TonyM

Mar 24, 2020, 7:21:34 PM3/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

Since I don't use the tag manager much I did not notice this.

  • This would be a nice model to enable the use of MRU's "Most Recently used" elsewhere.
  • I will build my own things following this idea
It is an example of "typical" requirements that tiddlywiki users and designers may have, so a generic solution may be nice. Perhaps a macro or widget one provides with a "state-tiddler" and value, and a matching way to enlist the values. This could be added into the select widget actions as well.

Just food for thought

Tony
Jeremy.