Most Recent Journal

christianhauck

Oct 23, 2017, 5:03:04 AM10/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
Just sharing a solution:

I try to get back to using Tiddlywiki.

I keep a daily journal, and I want to automatically display only the most recent entry.

It works like this:

I created a new tiddler called "Most Recent Journal"

with this content:
<$list filter="[tag[Journal]!sort[created]first[]]">
<$transclude  mode="block"/>
</$list>

And then added [[Most Recent Journal]] to the DefaultTiddlers.

Alex Hough

Oct 23, 2017, 5:36:25 AM10/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
thanks for sharing!

Alex

christianhauck

Oct 23, 2017, 7:51:27 AM10/23/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE: just noticed that
!sort[created]first[]
is a somewhat strange way to express it, and
sort[created]last[]
is more logical.

It does the same, obviously.
<$list filter="[tag[Journal]sort[created]last[]]">

JWHoneycutt

Oct 24, 2017, 8:30:32 AM10/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
Yes, thanks Christian.

I didn't realize that first[] or last[] was an option - this is very useful to me.

TonyM

Oct 24, 2017, 8:08:34 PM10/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
Folks,

Since you were discussing this I wanted to make a list of last 10 modified, for when I return to continue working on my wiki

<<list-links filter:"[!sort[modified]first[10]]">>

Of note is the list is "upside down" if I use

<<list-links filter:"[sort[modified]last[10]]">>

This may not be important for only one item, but it is with more.

Regard
Tony

Jan Rothenberger

Feb 16, 2018, 8:43:40 AM2/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey guys,

thanks for sharing. I was trying to get an ordered list of all my journal tiddlers. Since "created" doesn't work (I haven't created all the entries in order) I was wondering if the tiddlers could be sorted by the titles. These are in the format "DD. MMM YYYY".

Is that possible?

TonyM

Feb 17, 2018, 2:42:09 PM2/17/18
to TiddlyWiki