Import a load of txt files into TW

Rhod Evans

May 28, 2020, 4:29:32 AM5/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi - I've tried all sorts of note software over the years and currently I'm using FSNotes.  However I've been using TW for a couple of weeks now and I'd like to give it a more thorough test by importing all my text files and playing with them.  Is there any way to do this with a plugin or an import command?  I've searched this forum and also searched tiddlywiki.com and I can't find anything obvious.

Thanks
Rhod

TonyM

May 28, 2020, 4:58:47 AM5/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
Try the browse widget

<$browse multiple>

or drag and drop them on tiddlywiki.

Regards
Tony

Saq Imtiaz

May 28, 2020, 5:16:12 AM5/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
If you are using TW on node.js, an easy way to get your txt files into TW is via tiddlywiki.files:

However, to get them to save correctly back to the original location, you will need an updated version of this patch, which I can provide if needed.

Rhod Evans

May 28, 2020, 7:43:56 AM5/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Sam and thanks for your reply - unfortunately I'm not using TW on node.js.

TonyM

May 28, 2020, 7:35:40 PM5/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
Rhod,

Did my suggestion work for you?

Dragging a bunch of files will import them all and you have the opportunity to include/exclude.

Copy and Paste will paste into and importable untitled tiddler
Drag and drop a link and other selected will also

Once you have the content in your wiki a range of possibilities exist to interogate or parse the tiddlers.

Regards
Tony

Rhod Evans

May 29, 2020, 12:46:29 PM5/29/20