Using Tiddlywiki5 as a SAAS

Cyrill

Oct 15, 2018, 3:07:43 PM10/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi folks,

we know that tiddlywiki was developed as a single page application originally.

We would like to know if it is possible and if you can recommend us a saas solution of tiddlywiki.

1. It seems that their has been some efforts in this direction, like https://tank.peermore.com (tiddlyweb) shows. This seems to be a reference Http API that would match our needs.

2. Especially we think it is a good idea to divide the tiddly wiki into parts that can be matched up dynamically. By that it would be possible to define groups of users that and assign selected contents of the wiki to them.

3. We think most users, ourselfs including, are using webhosting services that are based on apache and php.

Can you give us some hints, which projects have a future and come close to our requirements?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards.

Mat

Oct 15, 2018, 6:35:56 PM10/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Cyrill,

(IMO it would be appropriate to explain what Saas is when posting like that.)

Anyway, you might want to check out

or possibly
They're not spot on for what you ask for... but maybe you can tweak them into this.

<:-)

TonyM

Oct 16, 2018, 2:43:04 AM10/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Cyrill,

There are so many ways in which TiddlyWiki could be used as Software as a Service that I do think you need to be more specific in how you want to use if for this.

The following is a recent PHP solution for hosting editable wikis with PHP which I got working (The only one so far)

Any of the node based solutions can be used on some internet hosts both Bob and coming items in the pre-release 5.1.18 of tiddlywiki will improve the security side of this. Node can also be run in docker and there are AWS solutions being developed by Jeremy.

NoteSelf allows you to deliver software (TiddlyWikis) that user can edit and save in the browser session without specific download and can be saved to a counchDB server, or tiddlers could be imported and exported.

Regards
Tony

Abraham Samma

Oct 16, 2018, 7:32:35 PM10/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Cyrill,

You can check out my project. Currently it allows you to create a private library of personal TiddlyWikis in the cloud, but I am actively working to give it some social abilities as well.

Let me know what you think. There are plenty of implementations out there. It just depends on what you need.

TonyM

Oct 16, 2018, 8:08:07 PM10/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Abraham,

FYI: I wanted to mention your solution but had real trouble remembering the spelling maarfapad simply because "aa" is rare in English and which of the three a's are double.

Regards
Tony

Abraham Samma

Oct 16, 2018, 8:12:59 PM10/16/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Not at all. Yeah, most words in English with double "a", if any (Canaan for example) in them are borrowed from other languages so I can understand your pain. 😅

Cyrill

Oct 17, 2018, 3:00:18 AM10/17/18
to TiddlyWiki

Hi & Thanks,

I appreciate your helpful link and hints. Ithink in the first time it make sense to test how the editions "noteself" and "Maarfapad" can fullfill my exigencies.

As you stated Software as a Service seems to have many faces, especially concerning Tiddly Wiki.

That is why I'd like to precise the requirements of the architecture I have in mind.

1. In the  past years I followed with great interest the development of the Tiddly Wiki. As a standalone solution I used it to organize domain specific contents. I am using the tagging and semantic concept to establish a taxonomy between tiddlers and their contents.

2. A view month ago I go the feeling that the TiddlyWiki I created could be of value and I began to think about how it could be delivered to other users. As the Wiki has become quite big I had to realize that it takes to long to downlod the TiddlyWiki in complete. So I thought that I need a solution that is abled to divide the contents. The end user does not need all content all the time. Especially when I begin to create a second and a third expert system. So my requirement to a architecture would be to store the tiddlers in a database and restore them as a mashup dynamically. I do not know what is going to happen to any plugins. But I hope it will be transparent.

3. My users should be able to download mashups if they are allowd to do so. A user can have one to many expert roles. And by that does have access to at least one mashup. The mashup results in a static content, that a user can edit and store in his own profile.

Kind regards

Cyrill

Abraham Samma

Oct 17, 2018, 3:24:45 AM10/17/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cyrill,

Option 2 and 3 are interesting to me because I also have been thinking about creating "data apps" that can be used to create mashups inside TiddlyWiki. The Bob architecture might interest you. Your users can subscribe to your wiki or other wikis and download tiddlers that they require and not more than that.

Look around the forum for Bob.

Cheers.

TonyM

Oct 17, 2018, 7:47:56 AM10/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Cyrill,

Just on my mobile now, but your requirement demands further discussion.

How big is your tiddlywiki? because performance can be enhanced with a cdn like CloudFlare

Also you could destribute an application wiki that people import the expert systems data into (basicaly json files of tiddlers).

Yes, tiddlywiki can do almost anything, the hard part is working out the details of what we want.

Tony

Jed Carty

Oct 17, 2018, 9:02:52 AM10/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
The secure server version of Bob is set up to allow 2 and 3 although I haven't had any reason to make the front end yet. It also has fine-gained access and editing controls so you can allow/disallow specific actions as well as access to different wikis or tiddlers groupings.

sini-Kit

Oct 20, 2018, 9:48:37 AM10/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi! Users can create free online stores on my absolutely  staic site. All their data they put to Google table  (pictures to google drive) and load empty tiddlywiki template with id key of this table.
When template is opening it loads all data by id from table

Here are examples and tests

or on other site

They can save their generated store to their hosting. Something like

All orders the get to google table and to their e-mail. Can we call it Saas or not?

Mohammad

Oct 20, 2018, 1:35:49 PM10/20/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Sini-Kit,
 Your work are really great! This is a real example of some other aspect of TW.

Thank you for sharing.

Mohammad