You like icons? Try the brand new feather icons plugin

Sylvain Comte

May 7, 2019, 8:35:57 AM5/7/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If you like icons but want to change from the very classic Font Awesome, you may try the feather icons plugin. Lightweight and pretty elegant.
enjoy,

Sylvain
@sycom

Mark S.

May 7, 2019, 12:50:45 PM5/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Added to the TIddlyWiki Toolmap in category Images, icons, emojis.

rdan...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 3:21:35 PM5/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Impressive work!
Amazing

David Gifford

May 7, 2019, 7:41:58 PM5/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ha, you beat me to it. I just got home from a short vacation. Looks like you or someone also got TiddlyShow. Thank you!

TonyM

May 7, 2019, 9:12:53 PM5/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Sylvain,

How does it go using these as buttons or edittoolbar buttons. Have you tried?

thanks
Tony

SylvainComte

May 8, 2019, 2:54:29 AM5/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony

works like a charm by replacing the corresponding $:/core/images/ content with `<<f-i yourIcon>>`

You may have to add a class and make some css. I did for the save-wiki button.

Also feather library has "only" 179 icons, so you may miss some if you want to replace all TiddlyWiki's.

Discovered a bug just now though :-/ icon search is broken. Not enough testing. Release early sounds good but...

Cheers

Sylvain
@sycom

TonyM

May 8, 2019, 4:51:23 AM5/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks,

I do not so much want to replace but extend. I created additional editor toolbar items and wanted to draw from a larger set including favicons and did not quite work it out.

Tony

@TiddlyTweeter

May 8, 2019, 12:32:16 PM5/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Sylvain

I looked at this. its very good.

Why?

It simplifies icon handling. In a lightweight way that makes better sense than alternatives.

I am beginning to think it could be a more generic method.

HOW WOULD I ADD ICONS I  LIKE to your system?

Best wishes
Josiah

SylvainComte

May 8, 2019, 12:47:29 PM5/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,

I've also the idea that the system could be extended. Not so easy by the way, but not that hard. "Just" need time...

To add icons:

* Draw them with your favorite editor
* Optionally, clean them in svgomg : https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/
* Grab the code
* Edit the feather-ext library tiddler ($:/plugins/sycom/feather-icons/lib/feather-ext.svg) by adding each icon in a <symbol> tag with an appropriate `id`

That's it.

You may also put them as an issue. I could add them. https://framagit.org/sycom/TiddlyWiki-Plugins/issues

Mohammad

May 9, 2019, 12:31:56 PM5/9/19