How to create a macro ?

PeterTheDog

Nov 4, 2019, 10:17:54 AM11/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,
I'm a newbie with Tiddlywiki, I'd like to understand how to create macro, I find some material but I dont'understand how to create and invoke them.

Can you tell me in few words how to create and set-up a tiddler in order to use a macro ?

i.e.: I'd like to use the following macro  #Today is <<today>>  , so I copy it in a tiddler but the results is: 1.Today is               without the date.

Thanks in advance.

Mark S.

Nov 4, 2019, 10:32:14 AM11/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
"today" isn't a macro that I know of. Instead you can use "now"

# Today is: <<now>>

Good luck

PeterTheDog

Nov 4, 2019, 10:39:58 AM11/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
I found it here http://www.bart1970.altervista.org/MyWikies/Templates/twhelp.html
in the "Macros Built-in" menu

Eric Shulman

Nov 4, 2019, 10:58:38 AM11/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 7:39:58 AM UTC-8, PeterTheDog wrote:
I found it here http://www.bart1970.altervista.org/MyWikies/Templates/twhelp.html
in the "Macros Built-in" menu

On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 7:39:58 AM UTC-8, PeterTheDog wrote:
I found it here http://www.bart1970.altervista.org/MyWikies/Templates/twhelp.html
in the "Macros Built-in" menu

That TW document uses "TiddlyWiki Classic" ("TWC") v2.1.3, which is from November, 2006.

Since then, TiddlyWiki has been *completely* re-written from the ground up as "TiddlyWiki 5" (based on modern HTML5 standards), which is not backward-compatible with the "Classic" features, functions, and macros

Specifically, as noted by Mark S, the <<today>> macro no longer exists, and has been replaced by the <<now>> macro.

You can find documentation of the current features and syntax on http://TiddlyWiki.com.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman