Why does this edittext widget lose focus?

Mat

Jul 4, 2020, 9:14:48 AM7/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Yes, there have been a few other threads recently that comment on editors losing focus but I believe this question is different. Thus:

This wiki features a floating popup (via the $:/plugins/OokTech/CaretPosition plugin) that appears if you type ??s into the editor.
The popup contains <$edit-text tiddler="scribble"> i.e pointing to another tiddler (named "scribble").
Still, this edittext widget loses focus as soon as it is typed into.

How can this be prevented?

Thank you.

<:-)

Saq Imtiaz

Jul 4, 2020, 9:31:46 AM7/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Your entire popup refreshes with every keystroke, not just the edit-text widget. Without looking at code, I would say you have a variable or filter that triggers the popup, that is re-evaluated with every keystroke.

Mat

Jul 4, 2020, 9:40:50 AM7/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ah, that sounds reasonable. I'll have to ask the @Jedi master about his plugin. Thank you.